It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I noticed about health insurance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Thanks for this post, because it does apply. We have experienced this as well, along with Dr.'s making up a diagnosis to collect more money also, and that, like you say, may be another thread.

Here again, a patient gets a bill for an uneeded proceedure, that the insurance company pays at a discount, leaving the remaining balance to the patient that didn't need it in the first place.

Shameful!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

great thread, I have learned a lot already.

One thing I have encountered is one insurance carrier not wanting to pay anything on a claim because there was another carrier paying on the claim too.
S&F!

[edit on 20-4-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
One thing I have encountered is one insurance carrier not wanting to pay anything on a claim because there was another carrier paying on the claim too.
S&F!

That is due to the policy language. There is a clause in every policy regarding primary and secondary coverages, concurrent coverages, pro-rata payments, etc. We can blame that one on each individual state's department of insurance, as they set the regulations and approve, with much scrutiny, the wording of the policies.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Aggie Man]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join