It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Campaign Bought the Google Search for Goldman Sachs SEC!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I just don't know how to process this in my mind. Has Obama gone completely mad?

Type this search phrase into Google: Goldman Sachs SEC

Look at the two paid search results at the top. The first will likely be from Goldman Sachs (makes sense they would buy the key words with their name in it). The second is a link to www.BarackObama.com with the tag line "It's Time for Financial Reform that Protects Main Street. Act Now!"

If there was any doubt that the government/SEC actions against Goldman Sachs were politically motivated, there is no doubt now. This is disgusting. The SEC has lost any shred of credibility it had and have become a political tool of the Administration. Its so sad that career SEC people haven't stood up to this gestapo tactic. I had been assuming that the charges had some merit, but after reading the SEC filing detailing the charges, reading Goldman's rebuttal, and now seeing this, I'm more willing to believe that Obama has decided that Goldman must be sacrificed for the greater good. Wonder how Lloyd Blankfein feels about his democrat fund raising now?

freerepublic.com...

Sure enough, the second one shows

Help Change Wall Street
www.BarackObama.com It's Time for Financial Reform that Protects Main Street. Act Now!

Something about this tactic feels very slimey and smells fishy...

[edit on 20-4-2010 by mishigas]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yeah, poor Goldman Sachs!
Picked on by commie Obama.

First of all, what campaign? How does Google rankings indicate a conspiracy?
So the propaganda begins, Obama goes after poor Wall Street.
All of you were aghast at the bailout, yet now seem outraged at any attempt to regulate and stop this from happening again.
Jeeezuz H! When will you people learn! You have been robbed blind, yet you line up for more!
AMAZING!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Someone is listening to Rush!

-E-

Edit to add: Hey Old Dragger, take a look at Drudge, Goldman donated approx. $1million to Obama. They are in bed togeather

[edit on 20-4-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I found it on several searches using Goldman Sachs. The funny thing is, when I tried to go to the paid search site from the Google link, my antivirus firewall blocks the site as a bad advertisement. I can auto input the barackobama.com website and it wont block it, but it does from the Google paid link.

Viewing the source for the Obama page, it is set up to track links from Google, Yahoo and others, but that isn't that unusual.

I just find it hard to swallow that the link to his site is a paid link on Google's search for Sachs SEC .

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I just ran more Google searches for "wall street reform", "financial reform" and several others. Some showed the Obama link at the top of the Google search, others as a paid advertisement on the side of the page.

Looks like he is really trying to force his message upon us.

S&F for catch to OP.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is stupid.

To prove anything you need to prove that Obama paid for that ad.

I could set up a website, too. Doesn't mean Obama paid for it.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I really dont think it's such a big mystery that the SEC is taking an action against goldman Sachs. They are FINALLY doing something after it was discovered that if they had been doing their job, much of the financial problems would have been discovered and stopped.

I saw congressional testimony aboput a man who tried for 8 years to stop Bernie Madoff ...he had documents, proof that was unrefuteable..took them to the SEC and they did nothing.

So, the SEC is just trying to justify their existance. No big mystery.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Freerepublic.com, Please!

As usual, propaganda central.

This proves absolutely nothing and any news source that claims Ann Coulter as an ally has fundamentally declared themselves irrelevant by default.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This would be great wouldn't it? Well, not gonna happen! Seriously people, you think Obama is really gonna do anything after handing them out those ridiculous bailouts. Geithner is Secretary of the Treasury for crying out loud. Nothing is gonna happen. I'd be more weary of what they have their sleeves because it's obvious it won't be good. Just look at what happened to health care. Like that isn't an obvious sign of what's gonna be done to economy now.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Someone is lying!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yes KK. I just ran the search myself and BarackObama.com did not come up.

More BS upon BS...

GOOGLE DOESN'T SELL THOSE "SPONSORED LINKS" OR THE ABILITY FOR THEM TO APPEAR ON SEARCH RESULTS.

THE SEARCH ENGINE DETERMINES IF THE SEARCH TERMS ARE RELEVANT TO A REGISTERED ADVERTISER AND THE ENGINE MAKES THE DETERMINATION IF THE LINK IS SHOWN...NOT THE SPONSOR...

Edit to correct: From Google Guide

Some search engines sell their search results, in addition to showing ads. A sold result means that a link to the buyer’s page is put at or near the top of the results page, just as if the search engine thought it was one of the best results. Usually, there is no indication that the page’s result location was bought and paid for.

Google never sells its search results. If a web page appears in Google’s search results, it’s because Google thought it was a relevant result for your search, not because someone paid Google to put it there.

www.googleguide.com...

Edit: Given my post plus link and KK's above I am calling this a Hoax and hopefully the Mods will agree...if only the FreeRepublic had such a feature!!

[edit on 20-4-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Thanks for the backup. I wouldn't hold your breath on the HOAX move.

I have made a similar request with another thread 3 times with no joy. (Issues thread)

I might have ticked off some folks in the "Chick flick" thread.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
not Entirely untrue...

look at the paid AdSense result at the very top

ejmdesigns.blogspot.com...
A friend of mine alerted me to Rush Limbaugh's show today where he was talking about Goldman Sachs and how if you typed "goldman sachs sec" you'd get Barack Obama's website. But the language Rush was using was a little troubling. He said "Google takes you there" and that President Obama (or, realistically, his PR folks) was buying links and making a strong insinuation that Google's search results were being influenced by the White House.

And as soon as I got back to the office, I realized the mundane truth: The President's PR force, in light of a drive towards financial reform, had bid on the phrase in an Adwords campaign. Just like anyone can do.

As a matter of fact, I just began a campaign myself for "goldman sachs sec" that you can see as well if you type those words into Google. Just to show you how easy it is - and take advantage of a happenstance spike.

*blog post dated Today, April 20th.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
not Entirely untrue...

Okay...assuming the blog you cited is accurate...assuming...and that the BarackObama website is simply typing in keywords to position the site at the top...or did so briefly since it no longer seems to be there...affording all that might be possible...

Can we get rid of the FALSE HEADLINE on this OP and at least police the truth a little bit?...

Obama Campaign Bought the Google Search for Goldman Sachs SEC!

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
not Entirely untrue...

That OP as it stands IS entirely untrue...

Deny Ignorance...clarify the OP or this should be in the Hoax category.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I don't see this as anything other than an attempt to reinforce the Administration in the latest of many scandals.

Pretty Savvy PR in my opinion...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The Republican money interest propaganda machine starts it's smear campaign!
Good ol' Rush a shill for WAll Street! Noooo! Heaven Forbid!

Propaganda Blitz on Financial Reform Begins.

TOLD YOU SO! JUST WAIT!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

From Google

Some search engines sell their search results, in addition to showing ads. A sold result means that a link to the buyer’s page is put at or near the top of the results page, just as if the search engine thought it was one of the best results. Usually, there is no indication that the page’s result location was bought and paid for.

Google never sells its search results. If a web page appears in Google’s search results, it’s because Google thought it was a relevant result for your search, not because someone paid Google to put it there.

www.googleguide.com...

Just to make sure everyone knows that the above is *not* from google...it appears that an effort has been made to make it look like it is from google...

For Google tips, tricks, & how Google works, visit Google Guide at www.GoogleGuide.com. Google Guide is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Google.

By Nancy Blachman and Jerry Peek who aren't Google employees.
For permission to copy & create derivative works, visit Google Guide's Creative Commons License webpage.

Please send us suggestions for how we can improve Google Guide.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

nvm

[edit on 20-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I just looked again at the website that is mentioned in the OP. On the first page at the bottom, it states:

PAID FOR BY ORGANIZING FOR AMERICA. A PROJECT OF THE DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE - 430 S. CAPITOL STREET SE. WASHINGTON DC 20003. THIS COMMUNICATION IS NOT AUTHORIZED BY ANY CANDIDATE OR CANDIDATE'S COMMITTEE

It's all caps because it was all caps on the webpage.

OFA. DNC. It's hard to believe that the WH didn't know anything about this.

OFA was formerly Organizing For Obama, of course.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
I just looked again at the website that is mentioned in the OP. On the first page at the bottom, it states:

PAID FOR BY ORGANIZING FOR AMERICA. A PROJECT OF THE DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE - 430 S. CAPITOL STREET SE. WASHINGTON DC 20003. THIS COMMUNICATION IS NOT AUTHORIZED BY ANY CANDIDATE OR CANDIDATE'S COMMITTEE

...did you just discredit your own op??

What do folks have to do around here to get a hoax tag?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join