It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School lunches called a national security threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

School lunches called a national security threat

www.msnbc.msn.com

WASHINGTON - School lunches have been called many things, but a group of retired military officers is giving them a new label: national security threat.

That's not a reference to the mystery meat served up in the cafeteria line either. The retired officers are saying that school lunches have helped make the nation's young people so fat that fewer of them can meet the military's physical fitness standards, and recruitment is in jeopardy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Are you kidding me?

Oh now, we won't be able to send our children off to be killed for the interests of very few rich people! How sad is this new development ATS.

A threat to national security? Let me tell you something. There will always be those who WANT to join the military and there will always be "enough" military personnel for the US to get by.

WTF are these guys thinking?

Thoughts?

~Keeper

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Very good find, ever increasing and inventive ways to add more and more things, that are outside their right to touch, into controls, BIG BROTHER DADDY state. Huge growing list of national threats, from all who consider themselves soverign, to school lunches.

They need to be told by the people to step down for their abuse of power will not be tolerated for much longer.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I dont know what these idiots are thinking, but I do know that the National Security of the US is in more danger from its military actions in other nations, than it ever is from having too few troops.
Fact is the more american citizens that CANNOT make war, the more they will have to remain inside thier borders in order to protect thier nation. That seems appropriate, since you cannot defend, if you are in the middle of an attack. If the problem is as bad as suggested by these military bigwigs, then I hope it forces a proper approach to defense in future. IE a strategy which means no preemptive attacks, or use of weapons which have brains of thier own. Stupid using those against sand dwellers weilding AKs and cooking fertiliser bombs in ther outhouses.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
A national security threat?!

Well, to each their own, I suppose.

If I stretch it, I could see mass obesity as a possible down fall of society, assuming that the vast majority of the society is morbidly obese. But even still, I'm not so certain. Based on those silly weight charts at a certain time in my life I was dancing on the line of obesity. The problem with that was it was only based upon weight, not my muscle mass or bone structure. When life changed and I lost quite a bit of muscle I was safely away from the danger zone, but was no where near as strong, I was thinner and much weaker.

However, at my childrens school, there are quite a few chunky kids, weighing twice as much as my children, but that is not the majority. And even those kids are very active, multiple sports and often included in the top players.

I think that there are far more variables into the health of a person, or a child, than a number on the scale and 90% of the time the only factor taken into account in determining obesity is the scale as opposed to body mass, fat percentages, etc.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I believe a thread was already made on this. Give me one second as a retrieve a link.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Yes indeed, there already is an existing thread on the topic at hand.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join