It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC is going to create another McVeigh

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I watched the program and feel qualified to comment.

I thought it was chilling how they used his own words from recorded
interrogation.

I was appalled at his lack of remorse. He kept stating "Get Over It" as that would somehow soothe the family members who lost sons & daughters, mothers & fathers and so on.

He was a cold blooded killer with a death wish. He proved NOTHING to me except that he was a menical coward. Why he needed to destroy the lives of innocent citzens is beyond me.

ANYONE who finds this sociopath worthy of admiration is less than human. His death by lethal injection was too easy. They should have turned hom over to the angry mob.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I thought his lack of remorse came from him viewing it as a military mission. Do you think our soldiers sit around and cry when there is collateral damage? Maybe for a minute but that is all.

His point was that way worse things happen to good people all over the world every day.

Now I dont justify his actions, because they are wrong. But if you analyze his behavior and thoughts that is what you see.

I do agree that lethal injection was not justice. I think Terry Nichols got the short end of the stick by getting life in prison without any chance of parole.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Chicken_Bone]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Former "half-Governor" Palin is already A JOKE, surprised she still has any defenders.

And, Glenn Beck?

Comeon....really? HE still has defenders, too?

That train has long left the staiton. Mr. Beck, whether by choice, or not, was recently profiled in none-other than the weekly magazine that's included with just about every major Sunday edition of a major newspaper...Parade...in their annual "What Do People Earn?" feature.

Mr. Beck was listed at.....[drum roll, please....]....$32,000,000 per year.

Guess his schtick pays well, hmmmmm?

Not included in the Parade expose', but overheard (by yours truly) from other source was a ditty about Ms. Sarah Palin, and her earnings AFTER running away (or is it 'deserting'?) her duties as Governor of Alaska.

Total she has racked up, so far? (According to what I heard, can't find source yet, sorry...)?? (Perhaps someone else can?)

Eight to NINE...MILLION DOLLARS!

Just since 'leaving' the Office of Governor, State of Alaska.

And, we wonder what could possibly have influenced her to leave???

>sarcasm<

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Did you even post in the right thread? What do Palin and Beck have to do with any of this? Every post you have made in this thread has been off topic. If you want to rant about Palin and Beck go start a thread bashing them.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

As your doctor I diagnose you with Palin Derangement Syndrome. Its a progressive disease that you contract from a Bush. It can be cured but only through education and a procedure called " Getting A Grip On Reality "

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

In fact, all the shootings thus far have been caused by Obama supporters.

So, both the assassination of George Tiller and the Holocaust Memorial Museum shootings were done by Obama supporters? I really doubt that either Scott Roeder or James Wenneker von Brunn were Obama supporters.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Kaploink]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

OK, guys and dolls....(and Thirty-Foot-Smurfs, too)

Message received.

However, it was THIS POST: www.abovetopsecret.com...

...that triggerd my diatribe.

I was goaded.

It happens.

Apolgies.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

No probs weedwhacker.
We just had to hassle you a bit.
All in good fun.
Now feel free to proceed.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hopefully terrorists like that just shoot themselves instead, that is if they can get a gun in this dang place!!! Why take people who are stuck in fate. It is not there fault questions are not asked. To ask them is doom and they found out soon. eh

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chicken_Bone
I thought his lack of remorse came from him viewing it as a military mission. Do you think our soldiers sit around and cry when there is collateral damage? Maybe for a minute but that is all.

Military mission against his own country? Killing his own citizens? Children and expectant mothers?

I do agree that lethal injection was not justice. I think Terry Nichols got the short end of the stick by getting life in prison without any chance of parole.

Short end of the stick? He was allowed to live and that is a bum rap?

I suppose to you Charles Manson had a mild temper problem.

You can't be serious?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Don't you think it would be better to be dead then to spend the rest of your life in prison with no chance you are ever getting out?

Like I said, I dont condone what McVeigh did. I am just explaining to you how he saw what he did as a military mission. The military is trained to detach emotionally on some things. In McVeighs mind it was war and they were just collateral damage.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chicken_Bone
The military is trained to detach emotionally on some things.

They don't "train" people to kill your own.

Perhaps they should teach how to re attach to normal life. Check out "FOR GOD AND COUNTRY" which also aired on MSNBC. (I worked on the hour documentary, but I'll spare you my role.) It outlines the story of Mathew Orth a 22 year old Marine Sniper. His BIGGEST problem was returning to civilian life. Other than a precursory debrief, he never received ANY readjustment.

Link

Regardless, the ends doesn't justify the means. McVeigh was probably a masochistic sociopath BEFORE he entered the military.

Don't you think it would be better to be dead then to spend the rest of your life in prison with no chance you are ever getting out?

No, "To sleep, perchance to dream" - Shakespeare

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

In his mind he wasn't killing his own. He was racking up the body count of his enemy. He perceived that the government was the enemy and by killing women and children in Waco they set the rules of engagement. Once again, I don't think he was right, but it was how he perceived the situation.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Chicken_Bone

So "in his mind" it was justified. To the majority of balance of the peace loving world it was not.

People seem fascinated by the macabre and insane.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Tim McVeigh was tried, found guilty, sentenced and executed for his crimes, and rightly so.

I believe what happened to the children in Waco, at the hands of government employees was a crime.

Who stood trial for that crime?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

EXACTLY!

In his mind it was justified. In your mind and my mind it was not.

It is weird when you think about it. In his mind he would have been evil not to do it. Just like the people who kill abortion doctors. They see them as baby murderers and so it becomes immoral to not kill the doctor to protect the unborn. To someone like that we would be considered immoral. It would be the equivalent of us standing around with a machine gun and not doing anything while the Germans put the Jews into the gas chambers.

Ones perception is ones reality.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Chicken_Bone]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I have not seen the McVeigh Tapes that recently aired on MSNBC, and hosted by Rachel Maddow. However, I am looking for the complete show to see for myself if they try to politicize the events in OKC and the dastardly actions of Timothy McVeigh. Timothy McVeigh was a delusional coward and deserves nothing but scorn and ridicule for his crimes. However, his story needs to be told objectively by those in the MSM without spin or political grand standing. Show the people the facts and let the facts speak for themselves, and not an agenda of either the Republicans or Democrats. As of now, people are practically frothing at the mouth, and even more so than when McVeigh carried out his crimes.

For the MSM to intentionally push an agenda and further fan the flames is counterproductive and irresponsible. However, I see both the Republicans and the Democrats resorting to divisive tactics to pull apart Americans and demonize those who have views counter to how government is being administered at the present time, or how a particular political is governing and legislating.

People are out of work, and government bailouts are being given to the very companies, corporations, and banks who brought on the economic woes to begin with. They get saved and the little guy loses it all by losing jobs, homes, and economic stability. Then the American people spoke out against the bailouts, and most recently Healthcare Reform, and they received nothing more than rhetoric and inaction by their elected representatives. Last but not least, heavy taxes and inflation looms on the horizon as a result of deficit spending and government bailouts. Dark days are certainly on the horizon.

I can understand politicians being a divisive force, because that is how they get votes and support of a certain target demographic, however, the MSM's purpose is to report both sides and remain fair and objective. However, those crucial elements are practically ignored. The MSM wears their political affiliations on their sleeves and make no effort of even hiding it anymore. You can see certain political ideologies present on the major networks whether it be Republican or Democrat. Their content and news coverage is laden with a political agenda of whichever side that network supports. It is plain as day. However, it is dangerous when they go so far as to demonize one group of individuals and spin the facts, thus angering protesters and political opposition groups.

If the irresponsibility continues in news coverage as it has up to this point, they are only going to make more Timothy McVeighs, Joe Stacks, and other violent individuals who believe they have nothing to lose and their rights have been violated. One can only shake a stick at a dog for so long until it finally bites. That is the dangerous game being played by both political parties and the MSM at this crucial time in American history. Personally, by seeing their rhetoric I really feel they have no idea about how serious things are at the moment. They play this game at their own peril, and the peril of the country as a whole.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Thank You! You made my point much more elegantly than I am capable of. The MSM and the politicians are fanning the flames in this country. It is as if they want to push some people over the edge.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I tend to agree with the OP, it seems MSNBC and other MSNs just keep on keeping on with the we are all potential domestic terrorists stories.

The thing is, they do this ad nauseum and when it really does happen, they can then turn right around and give it the ole "we told you so". No culpability on their parts, they were just reporting.

I argue they are culpable...they (news outlets) know 2 things..

1. There ARE loons out there that just need a push in the wrong direction to do something insanely stupid. Stupid makes BIG ratings.

2. When something does occur most people will start parroting what they have heard their respectable news reader say. ie, he was a tea partier, he was a loner, he was a radical liberal, he hated puppies...etc.

I think the news networks are just pre-loading the coming news stories by giving us primers on what to think when something does happen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join