It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got to see the Space Shuttle fly over my area!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What a thrill it was to be able to see the Space Shuttle fly over my area this morning upon its return to the Kennedy space center in Florida. I live in Mayes county in Okla. At approx 849-855am Central time the Shuttle flew across our county. I saw not only the shuttle pass over but was able to also hear the accompaning sonic boom as it passed. As I undersstand it this will be most likely the last time the Shuttle will fly over the continental USA on a return flight. There are only 3 more flights left before the shuttle program gets canned (which I feel is a great mistake, I think we should have continued to develop more advanced shuttles and its technology). I did take pics but they arent very good...it was from my phone and all u can see basically is the contrail. I will be happy to post them ( I took 2) if anyone wishes to see them, once I figgure out how to xfer them from my phone to the internet..lol...so...for me it was a thrill and I got to see it with my daughters.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'd love to see them! Please post them. I too am upset about the cancellation of the shuttle program. The one thing I don't mind my hard earned tax money going to and it gets canned.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You're very lucky that's for sure!
I'd love to have seen her fly!
Wow - how cool is that.

peace

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I too have seen the shuttle return to earth three times in the past and it's an awe inspiring event. All of my sighting were pre dawn and the first time I saw it I thought it was an incoming ICBM or something. It made the biggest contrail I've ever seen and it had a glowing white light at the leading edge. Also, I've never seen anything cross from horizon to horizon so fast.

As a child, I was in love with NASA and the Apollo missions to the moon etc. but today I have slightly different feelings regarding the program. Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want to but I believe that the time for "Disclosure" is upon us.

When we have disclosure regarding our secret space program and it's use of anti gravity technology, the reasoning behind the decision to shut down the shuttle program will become obvious.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dreadphil

That's so cool.

I watched the news this morning and they had the landing.

It brought a tear to my eye.

new topics

top topics

join