It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ancient alien series on the History channel tonight..Why now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Are we getting closer to finding the source of our amnesia ? we as a people seem to have huge gaps of missing time evolution and technology that would be explained by a little alien stepping stone in our past. I cant wait to tune in
Be Well

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
A lot of alien conspiracy has been thrown around lately due to the ice land volcano sightings. It's interesting, but I don't believe anything will happen, I wish it would though. But your right, it is strange how they decide to do it shortly after these events. But you cannot deny a coincidence. Stay open minded.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

Hi there mate! Here is a thread that Aquarius1 made about the series.
Maybe you can find something on there.
Ancients aliens

Regards
Guns

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
Are we getting closer to finding the source of our amnesia ? we as a people seem to have huge gaps of missing time evolution and technology that would be explained by a little alien stepping stone in our past. I cant wait to tune in
Be Well

Why not now?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I wish to address the question posed in the title. The title asks why now ? I do not believe that this period of our history has anything to do with the timing of this particular broadcast. There have been TV shows and documentary series (Including one which delved into KGB files, hosted by Roger Moore of James Bond/The Saint fame) which have plumbed the depths of ancient references and evidences for extra terrestrial life. As far back as ten years ago, there have been televised broadcasts on just this subject, as well as books, online publications, and other media sources ploughing resources and air time into just this subject.
Now Im not saying that any of those shows or sources were exactly scientificaly approached, or hosted by credible persons (if there are any such people ). And I am not saying that this new show will not carry any more weight, or provide new information, indeed, it may prove a valuable resource for anyone seeking new or collated information on this subject. However, I doubt that there is any special thinking behind the timing of the release of this new broadcast, and I doubt that the making and airing of this show has anything much to do with anything apart from RATINGS!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Why is it that whenever there is a new TV series or film come out about this subject and aliens in general that people write threads like this???

No matter how much you wan't to think there is some hidden agenda, there is none.... Its entertainment plain an simple.... People like you will watch it... Its sensationalism that draws an audience and creates cash revenue from advertising because they know that many people will tune in to watch...

Simples....

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

hello
wasnt delving into hidden agendas when i say now i mean are we collectively overcoming our ignorance and denial of a subject that seems to have ample proof to at least begin research. i am curious if it is world events or simple social evolution that is allowing this to become accepted?

Be Well

[edit on 20-4-2010 by triplescorpio]

[edit on 20-4-2010 by triplescorpio]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
because tonight the history channel will prime you for the awakening of a lifetime. ALL HAIL THE CRAB PEOPLE

seriously though... seriously?

[edit on 20-4-2010 by SPACEYstranger]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

But its not as if these issues have never been raised in a television show before! This isnt new, its not therefore a big deal ! Its just ANOTHER in a long line of shows which will mention the topic. Nothing more, nothing less, than another way for a fat man in a suit on a production team to get more rich and more fat.
Nada.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I've been seeing shows like this since the '70s... why then? Chariots of the Gods? is why. Nothing new. If people are interested enough to tune in we will continue to see more of them.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Why now?
Because my friend things must be put in place to ensure there aint a global panic.

Adverts, films, music, lessons taught to children are now including more space and ET themes

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to some NEW material. I just spent a few hours with Lloyd Pye on the net via Google video and YT. He's got the DNA results of the Starchild skull (with debunkers attached). He makes a cogent and enjoyable argument for hybridization of the hominoids by ET.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio

hello
wasnt delving into hidden agendas when i say now i mean are we collectively overcoming our ignorance and denial of a subject that seems to have ample proof to at least begin research.

I can sympathize with what you say about how there "seems" to be ample proof.

However, the fact is not only is there no proof, there's not even a whit of evidence for what this television program is set to discuss.

When (or if) there is ever any evidence, believe me, you won't hear about it first on the History Channel.

Harte

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I'm going to try and watch this online somewhere.... i have found some great sites and will watch this if pos

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I don't believe its any different then the 'rise' of Ghost Hunter clones shows, Monster hunter/crypto shows, or 'working man' reality shows like Deadliest Catch, American Loggers or Ice Road Truckers. If they get feeler hits, a string of copycat shows with new 'twists' appear here and there. I personally am addicted to Deadliest Catch, and Pawn Stars. Losing interest in Monster Quest, Ghost Hunters and I miss UFO Hunters (only because it pointed out things I myself never heard of before which I find interesting. I'm on the fence with Destination Truth, some episodes are better then others, but the OMG RUN! clips they show when its only a big ugly snake and you think its a Demon Boy that they are chasing are starting to get old.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I know I will be tuning in, but History Channel frustrates me with their shallowness and sometimes misleading shows. They also waste a lot of clips on nonsense. I do hope this series can add some quality depth to the ancient astronaut theory.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I'm hoping it gets recorded and put up onto youtube later or here on ATS

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I gotta agree with some of the comments...these shows are almost a dime a dozen. Rarely is there anything we havent already heard. Still, I always hope for something new and exciting to come out (albeit unlikely).

However....Im looking forward to this show and will likely watch it tonight. I stopped looking for some enlightening information or disclosure from mass media a long time ago. Nowadays I just watch this stuff because its entertaining. I actually enjoyed the UFO hunters on history channel as well; despite all the ridicule they get it was a fun show to watch.

Anyway...Lets hope its a a good one, Im looking forward to it!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

It's all on youtube in HD already.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Call me crazy, but I thought TV channels kind of liked to get high ratings. Apparently the first Ancient Aliens show did well. The channel thought making more episodes would bring in viewers.
As ATS proves, there are plenty of people interested in this idea of ancient aliens, hence the show.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join