It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing CIA Mind Control Potential Proven in Documents

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Amazing CIA Mind Control Potential Proven in Documents

www.opednews.com

Documents released show that subjects could be deeply hypnotized over the phone in CIA experiments and made to do things that they would not ordinarily do. The subjects could be made to do this by creating dissociative states or what is commonly referred to as Multiple Personalities.

"....It has been shown clearly that physically individuals can be induced into H by telephone, by receiving written matter, or by the use of code, signal, or words. Control of those hypnotized can be passed from one individual to another without great difficulty. It has also been shown by experimentation with
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Not sure about the source of this article, but wanted to share this with the members

I remember one of the Ventura episodes where they hypnotized a subject and then activated the subject using his cellphone as a trigger, this article seems to make the claim that the hypnosis could be accomplished over the phone as well.

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I believe in everything said by the OP, and here's some more info about documented mind control.

CIA unclassified documents

more info

ATS thread

Personally i think this is some of the most important information one can find about mind control as a reality. Read the links if you're curious.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I agree as well. Good sourcing Kross, I was just about to link to wanttoknow.info; that place is a serious godsend when it comes to verifiable information regarding fringe topics and hidden information.

This thread is a nice reminder of that though, that the CIA verified that mind control is not only possible, but incredibly valuable to a secretive organization like themselves.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Madness, those CIA head-shrinkers are good. In the past I've heard of induction over the phone, or in writing, but only AFTER being worked on prior to that, in person, with an operator(hypnotist). It usually takes some serious mental trauma to split a personality. They may be using some sort of sound frequency over the phone to help lull a person into super suggestibility, but it just sounds unlikely. Perhaps the OP article is missing some important info.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sickle_And_Hammer

Too right you could be working for them whether you know it or not. They could be looking through your eyes right now and you would not know.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
When I think about the fact they have been doing mind control expirements since the second world war then I really get scared at the possibilities.
I wonder how much progress has been made since then.

I also think they are still using subliminal advertising.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
In the article talking about ESP, it said they wanted to put subjects into states of abaiesement de niveau mental. I looked it up, it said "Loss of soul"

If you look at all this stuff ONE way, it is scientific, cold and calculating.
If you look at it another way, it's pure black magick.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Ultra played around with this for a while, there were a couple of girls and I'd suspect these are the two, that were "programmed" to "assassinate" various team members with squirt guns. Oh, and they got them to take their clothes off in a crowd a couple of times, which was a big test for doing something you wouldn't normally do.

There was some Ericksonian hypnosis being tested for "depersonalization", aka "abaiesement de niveau mental" or "mindwipe", basically erasing the base persona and building up some new ones, IIRC it was effective in one person but not so much in others.

The data from that part of the program was "rediscovered" by General Stubblebine in the early 80s and they tried a couple of offshoots of it, one to cause total dissociation and construction of alternative personas that were trained to be expert in a single field, for example, you'd have a spy persona, a combat persona, a tech persona etc that were all isolated from each other and the base persona. When you needed super-Echo, the situation would provoke emergence of the tech persona. If threatened, the combat persona would emerge. Each could be tailored for optimal performance at that job - the combat persona would have no remorse or guilt, for instance. The cool part was that the memories for the various personas were supposed to be isolated, so if your superspy got himself caught, interrogation got you nothing. The base persona literally did not know why he was there.

It just didn't work so well in practice.

The other thing they wanted to do was "optimal performance", which asked the somewhat reasonable question 'if you can walk that 2x4 on the ground, why not 30 feet in the air?' They addressed the issue of mental states involved in performing certain tasks, the theory being if you got your mind right, you could do what appeared to be amazing feats of mental and physical prowess with no real personality mods, and that worked a little better, but it really depended on the person. A lot.

Erickson wasn't involved with that one, it was Virginia Satir at the wheel, but it was the same techniques.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
The data from that part of the program was "rediscovered" by General Stubblebine in the early 80s and they tried a couple of offshoots of it, one to cause total dissociation and construction of alternative personas that were trained to be expert in a single field,
The cool part was that the memories for the various personas were supposed to be isolated, so if your superspy got himself caught, interrogation got you nothing. The base persona literally did not know why he was there.

Thanks for the input. Do you have sources for this so i can update my files? thanks

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kr0ss
Thanks for the input. Do you have sources for this so i can update my files? thanks

For some of it, you had to have been there.

I've seen some info starting to pop out on the net, try googling "satir" and "stubblebine" together, although there's not a lot of it in open records.

There's also just a dab here and there in "the men who stare at goats" (the book not the movie), the author wasn't being clued in all the way on some projects and on others they just lied to him.

I think Satir also talked about it a bit in some of her NLP material. She billed herself as a family counselor but she was up to a lot more at Bragg.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I don't understand why anyone still questions the power of hypnosis.

I took hypnotherapy courses and it works. Police even use it and it's called Forensic Hypnosis.

Some people can fall into a deep trance state very easily. It's ways to identify these people through an interview or questionnaire. I'm sure the C.I.A. can control people through hypnosis because it can be done in a hypnotherapists office.

Say a President of the United States got elected that was open to suggestion, they could be easily controlled. You also look for the loner or depressed person that's open to suggestion and you could have an assassin on your hands that will kill without being fully aware of what they are doing.

You can't make people do things that's goes against their ecology. So it will be easy to get someone one to steal or kill that's open to it over someone who's not open to it.

If someone is against stealing and killing, you're not going to make them do these things under hypnosis. But the Lee Harvey Oswalds and John Hinckley's of the world are prime candidates.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
You can't make people do things that's goes against their ecology. So it will be easy to get someone one to steal or kill that's open to it over someone who's not open to it.

If someone is against stealing and killing, you're not going to make them do these things under hypnosis. But the Lee Harvey Oswalds and John Hinckley's of the world are prime candidates.

That's actually pretty easy to get past. They did it with the two secretarial pool girls during Ultra.

If you say "Go take this .45 and shoot the boss" you don't get results, unless the person would have done it anyway. So what you do, is you craft an appropriate dis-perception of the event. "Go take this water pistol and shoot the boss, he loves it". Only it's a .45. You might have to work on the dis-perception of the sidearm as being something harmless, but it's a lot easier to get someone to point "the cap gun" at someone and pull the trigger than it is to get them to outright murder someone. You just have to adjust their perception to the point that they think it's a game.

Same with the stripping off the clothes in the cafeteria. They tried "take off your clothes", no luck. So Gottlieb told them that they were going to go to the cafeteria and take a shower in the new facility that was in the middle of the cafeteria. So they built up this positive hallucination that there was a shower there, and that they were inside this room with the doors closed, and that they were really dirty and needed a bath. So they went through all the motions, and took off their clothes to take a "shower". Problem solved.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The evidence just keeps piling up...hypnosis is real and rapid indiction techniques were a partial aim of the MK-ULTRA programs.

Maybe one of these days some people might start believing the threads in my signature...

Starred and Flagged, JackatMtn...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
The evidence just keeps piling up...hypnosis is real and rapid indiction techniques were a partial aim of the MK-ULTRA programs.

There's a way to induce people in seconds, if they're at all susceptible to hypnosis, it's called a "snap induction" or "ambush induction", if you're in a "field NLP class" they teach it to you, they send you out to wander around a mall or park inducing people you run into for practice. Someone did it on a subway in NYC for a while but had to quit due to leaving people standing around with puzzled looks.

Ambush induction can be a great way to do a fast field interrogation, if you have a really high proficiency level in the language the guy speaks and they're even the slightest bit dissociative.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I briefly researched the MK Ultra program which was a spin-off of the Nazi psychological experiments. The US even brought some of the same doctors over here after the war.

I had to stop researching when I realized the premise...Splitting the psyche in order to create a psuedo manchurian candidate...It was just too ugly.

You can actually create a split-personality...essentially a walled off portion of someone's psyche. How? Well look at the history of split-personality patients. Severe emotional and psychological trauma at a very, very young age, most often a result of torture or sexual abuse.

Like I said it gets ugly fast. Once you have divided the psyche you can implant triggers and ideally a single pavlonian phrase that makes them shift to thier alternate state...a state in which they have been trained to carry out specific tasks.

Did they ever pull it off? I hope not. All I know is they tried and that is horrific enough.

Wikipedia has a summary:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising

I've often wondered about the idea that you can't get someone under hypnosis to do something they wouldn't ordinarily do.

Something I thought about, is that many people will steal, if it's a loaf of bread for their starving family, and they will kill, in say a war scenario or self defence.

Bedlams posts really helped me solidify this idea, I do really think if you can convince someone it's one of these scenarios, you could get them to do the things they would normally resist.

EDIT to add:

I think the Milgram Experiment, and the Stanford Prison Experiment are a couple of things that show what people will do under the right conditions. These seem to be based purely on Authority, imagine what can be done once combined with other techniques such as hypnosis.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

EDIT2:

Check out this story... WOAH...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 20/4/2010 by harpsounds]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Yeah this got covered on Jesse Ventura's mind control conspiracy show -- but they didn't have the documents. It was just claimed it could be done over the phone, etc.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

This is quite an old topic my friends...

A declassified CIA document dated 7 Jan 1953 [1] describes the creation of multiple personality in 19-year old girls. “These subjects have clearly demonstrated that they can pass from a fully awake state to a deep H [hypnotic] controlled state ... by telephone, by receiving written matter, or by the use of code, signal, or words and that control of those hypnotized can be passed from one individual to another without great difficulty. It has also been shown by experimentation with these girls that they can act as unwilling couriers for information purposes.” BB 32
www.wanttoknow.info...
www.wanttoknow.info...

Here are two older ATS threads I found with a quick search:

This is an interesting short documentrary I found out that shows the origins of CIA mind control experiments in govt projects such as Project PaperClip and then onto MKultra. It shows how Nazi mind scientists were recruited by US govt so that Soviet Union does not recruit them
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The astonishing quotes from CIA documents below reveal detailed, successful experiments in highly secret, government-sponsored mind control programs. Through hypnosis, drugs, and electric shock, CIA clinicians fractured personalities and induced multiple personality disorder (MPD). These top secret programs were successful in creating Manchurian Candidates or super spies programmed to carry out sexual favors, assassination, and other terrorist acts without any conscious knowledge of what they were doing.

To verify this startling information, links are provided to images of the revealing original documents. Instructions are also available here to order for yourself any of these documents directly from the CIA using the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's not hard to fathom the use of such sadistic methods of mind control, especially by the CIA. People don't think this sort of thing could ever possibly happen, but it does, and chances are they still use mind control techniques when necessary...

[edit on 20/4/10 by CHA0S]

[edit on 20/4/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Of course people cant 'fathom' the idea of hypnosis actually 'working', or being implemented by the government. Why? Because we are conditioned by the occasional occurrence of hypnosis on a sitcom, or the radio broadcasting the genuine effects of 'hypnosis to quit smoking'.

See, that is the psychological ploy. If you reveal a tidbit of information in an overtly public way about a seemingly foreign idea, well, the public accepts it as is. Point Blank. No questions asked, nothing left to ponder. See, its like any well kept secret- reveal a portion of the secret mixed with some BS and make sure its seen widespread then people think, "Oh, if it was a real conspiracy then why would they even show it publicly or bring it to our attention? It's all over prime-time, apparently they have nothing to hide, moving on...."

Im rambling, but do you get the point?

Psychology is my passion, and I become more and more awestruck that the 'things' I recognize and notice about people, settings, general 'feeling' amongst a group of people- are obvious- blatantly- but apparently only to me - or a select minority of others Ive met along my way.

Its all psychology- Where does everyone think 'conspiracy theories' originated? They came about because a 'select few' (often deemed 'crazy' by the majority) didn't buy into the propaganda, didn't get taken over by the psychological conditioning that 'they' (I have no definition of who 'they' are so I use this loosely) performed.

Anyways, I simply wanted to ask if there is any reference to the IQs and or any kind of social/artistic/introspective/physical, etc. intelligence testing done prior to the hypnosis of these 'subjects'?

<<   2  3 >>

join