It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waco revisited,Dick Morris dropped a bomb

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Waco revisited,

Opening up a can of worms,

Last night,

Dick Morris dropped a bomb

Dick Morris, who has made a career out of dishonestly trashing the Clintons, suddenly and conveniently claimed on Monday night's Hannity that when then-Attorney General Janet Reno threatened President Clinton in early 2007 by saying that if he didn't re-appoint her as attorney general, she was "going to tell truth about Waco." After host Sean Hannity said, "I don't remember you telling this story before," Morris replied, "No, it's never been said before." Morris went on to say: "I know that he told me -- Clinton told me -- that I couldn't not appoint Reno because she would have turned on me over Waco. That's the phrase he used."

How much investigation has been done on the forum regarding Waco?

mediamatters.org...

[edit on 093030p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

[edit on 20/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
He already screwed up beyond belief with Ruby Ridge. If he didnt care about the feds shooting a little boy in the back and sniping a woman holding her baby all because some guy didnt want to work as an informant for the ATF what could possibly have happened at Waco that would get Billy boy to care?

When somebody goes around murdering and torturing people who have done nothing wrong with pride and impunity one has to wonder what would be so horrible as to make an individual like that stop and think "gee, I dont want to get caught with this."

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
He already screwed up beyond belief with Ruby Ridge. If he didnt care about the feds shooting a little boy in the back and sniping a woman holding her baby all because some guy didnt want to work as an informant for the ATF what could possibly have happened at Waco that would get Billy boy to care?

When somebody goes around murdering and torturing people who have done nothing wrong with pride and impunity one has to wonder what would be so horrible as to make an individual like that stop and think "gee, I dont want to get caught with this."

Thank you for the post, I was thinking of taking a look back into the Waco debacle,

It is hard to believe, looking back, that we citizens let this slide.

I would love some information from posters who have looked into this,

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I was around back then. Will post some more later but let me just say that between the time of the opening hostilities untill the closing act, the press tv press mostly, spent the weeks turning the BD into total garbage so that by the time of the fire most american were afraid to speak out so as not appear sympathetic.

Many look back now over time and know it was wrong if they didnt know it then.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hmmmm I don't know.... Reno must have had some concrete evidence locked away to threaten the Clintons. Everyone else who threatened the Clintons either ended up dead or had their lives destroyed completely.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Hmmmm I don't know.... Reno must have had some concrete evidence locked away to threaten the Clintons. Everyone else who threatened the Clintons either ended up dead or had their lives destroyed completely.

Except for Dick Morris.......................

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
I was around back then. Will post some more later but let me just say that between the time of the opening hostilities untill the closing act, the press tv press mostly, spent the weeks turning the BD into total garbage so that by the time of the fire most american were afraid to speak out so as not appear sympathetic.

Many look back now over time and know it was wrong if they didnt know it then.

Thank you Logarock, I remember it myself,

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
the collusion between the MSM, the alphabets and the government in obscuring the facts as to what went on is so obvious that it should gain a hell of a lot more attention. even more so because they didn't do a very good job, way to many independent observers.

i suspect it doesn't because it demonstrates too clearly what is wrong with the system and how quickly the government will disregard "freedom" that it makes speculation and posturing null and void.

if you are an american and you acknowledge the truth about waco, you are almost duty bound to tear the government down and start again. if you are aware of waco and ignore it, you are part of the problem.

waco, far more than anything that has happened since, is the cancer symptom the american people are too embarrassed to talk over with their doctor. it's like the wmd's that never were in that respect.

911 gets a truth movement because all that's left is speculation, wmd's and waco get brushed over because all that's there is the truth.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

I was just reading that three of Clintons bodyguards during his campaign were killed at Waco, I vaguely remember this,

Steve Willis, Robert Williams, Todd McKeahan, Conway LeBleu

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I was just reading that three of Clintons bodyguards during his campaign were killed at Waco, I vaguely remember this,

by friendly fire, according to the survivors.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

waco, far more than anything that has happened since, is the cancer symptom the american people are too embarrassed to talk over with their doctor. it's like the wmd's that never were in that respect.

911 gets a truth movement because all that's left is speculation, wmd's and waco get brushed over because all that's there is the truth.

Powerful comments, pieman, was Waco some kind of turning point?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

by friendly fire, according to the survivors.

Yes, that's what I read.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Powerful comments, pieman, was Waco some kind of turning point?

in a way.

i think it's the point where the american government realised it needed to do a better job covering it's tracks and what a threat the independent media might be. it was fairly infantile at that stage, before the web, but the people who witnessed it made sure the truth got out despite the media and government cover-up.

on a related side note, i've often wondered if bill hicks didn't get cancer because he was so vocal about it.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

When these "truthers" started popping up I kept wondering where the hell they were during Waco or Ruby Ridge.

I guess an awful lot of them were too young to care or not even born yet. For others I'm sure the trendy demonization of Bush helped a lot to rally the troops as it were.

They run around like the whole "government hates you and wants you dead" is a new concept.

Regardless, I'm glad more people are seeing it for what it is. I just hate to think that past events still fresh in my mind are being forgotten about or cast aside for the "trendy" cause. It's absolutely imperative that none of the past attacks are forgotten. Every instance builds the case stronger. Narrowing the focus to one thing kills the overall case.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

i think it's the point where the american government realised it needed to do a better job covering it's tracks and what a threat the independent media might be.

And now it looks like they have the media well under control, it is obvious.

The media should be our watchman, how is this possible, are they not citizens ?

Do they not care?

I don't get it.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Every instance builds the case stronger.

Yes sir, and I feel helpless.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I found this thread quite interesting.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Morris: "You must understand what was Timothy McVeigh's motivation, God knows what's going on in that crazy head of his but there is some speculation, and he himself had said. that it was the reaction of the Waco takeover and Bill Clinton orchestrated that takeover and in fact was so ashamed of what he did in Waco that he not gonna appoint Janet Reno to a second 4 year term and she told him in a meeting right before the inauguration day for his new term, that if you don't appoint me, I'm gonna tell the truth about Waco and that forced Clinton's hand in reappointing her"

Hannity: "I don't remember you telling this story before"

Morris: "No, it's never been said before. I think that President Clinton might want to examine his own connection with the Oklahoma City bombing in terms of Waco, before he starts accusing people in walkers and wheelchairs who are trying to keep their medicare of being provocateurs"

Hannity: "Wait a minute, so what was the truth about Waco that Reno threatened to use against him?

Morris: "I have no idea, but I know that he told me, Clinton told me that I couldn't not appoint Reno because she would have turned on me over Waco"

with video,

hotairpundit.blogspot.com...

www.youtube.com...

Is Reno still living?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

I found this thread quite interesting.

Thank you, I will check that out.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Not backing up Clinton at all here, just in interest of the truth....

en.wikipedia.org...

Ruby ridge , I believe, happened under George H.W. Bush's watch.

None of them have our best interests at heart.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join