It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking pictures inside the Cheops pyramide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

Maybe some of you have exprecience in taking pictures inside the pyramide. At the moment I guess the only way to do it is taking/buying some private time inside the pyramides. Some travel agents do indeed offer such trips.

Are there ATSérs which have experienced a privat tour inside the pyramides? I would like to know. Also the posibilities in making good and detailed pictures I like to investigate with this thread. As I read you cant use any form of flashlight, so a long(er) exposure time is needed.

Well, who has some info?

greetings Lunica!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
You could take infra-red pics using an IR illuminator and a camera on night mode as I understand flash photography and bright lights are prohibited in old timey places such as pyramids.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
You could take infra-red pics using an IR illuminator and a camera on night mode as I understand flash photography and bright lights are prohibited in old timey places such as pyramids.

Its indeed prohibited. Thats why i want to use a little tripod and a long exposre for instance. Now i like to know if this is allowed in such a privat tour for instance.
Infrared is also an option. But then you need a really good and expencive camera for such thing I guess

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

No, there are many affordable cameras, even surveilance cameras that utilize IR recording, usually with some sort of IR illuminator. I own one, they're not that much more costly.Cameras with night shot

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
reply to post by Lunica

No, there are many affordable cameras, even surveilance cameras that utilize IR recording, usually with some sort of IR illuminator. I own one, they're not that much more costly.Cameras with night shot

Well, my camera, a sony DSC h9, also got it. But to get really good pictures you need the good stuff IMO, not that a DSC is good, its just for fun. But I am aiming on a long shutter time (exposure) to get good pictures.

Now i need to know if thats possible.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Sure, if there is enough light for you to see there is enough light for you take a picture. Just know what to meter off of.

I would take a refurbished Nikon D3000 ($300 on Adorama.com) and this prime.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1272166021&sr=1-2

Spend the rest of your money on a GOOD monopod and learn to shoot with it.

Thats how I would do it anyway, if on a budget.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
IF you can use tripods, you could use a lantern and a very long exposure or just use whatever light is available. Using a tripod is a big IF though.

I have no idea if you can use them or not but you arent even allowed to use a tripod on the lincoln memorial in DC so i doubt they would let you use them in the Pyramids, but who knows!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by garritynet
Sure, if there is enough light for you to see there is enough light for you take a picture. Just know what to meter off of.

I would take a refurbished Nikon D3000 ($300 on Adorama.com) and this prime.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1272166021&sr=1-2

Spend the rest of your money on a GOOD monopod and learn to shoot with it.

Thats how I would do it anyway, if on a budget.

The best camera to get for low light, long exposure pictures is Nikon D700. I have owned my D700 for close to 2 years and with my 50mm f1.4 prime lense I can get killer photos in almost total darkness the D700 will cost 2k more than the D3000 but if you want to take long exposure in low light you can't skimp and expect great results. And "THE" most important thing with long exposure photography is getting a rock solid tripod like a Gitzo or Manfrotto coupled with a good ball head and those will cost another $300-$800 then you'll also need a shutter release cable or the wireless shutter release as well so you do not touch the camera while the shutter is open. The slightest vibration will ruin your pictures and make you incredibly frustrated to boot, I know this from experience.

Also want to add that a monopod is not a good idea for long exposure since you still have stabilize the camera with your hands, monopods are only good for areas where a tripod is too bulky to setup and when frequently changing locations monopods serve no purpose for long exposures.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The D3000 is affordable. The monopod gets you an extra stop if you know what you are doing. I am pretty sure most places won't let you use a tripod.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by garritynet
The D3000 is affordable. The monopod gets you an extra stop if you know what you are doing. I am pretty sure most places won't let you use a tripod.

The tripod question will be a good question to get answered before going there. By the way. There are also little "gorilla" tripods which could do the job, and are most likely not prohibited?

l

new topics

top topics

join