It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Looms It Would Be Wise To Prepare

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I for one have been into 'preparedness' as far back as I can remember. My family knew from experience (Hurricanes/Riots mostly) that being prepared, you never had to doubt how an emergency was going to turn out.

People should have continued preparations like they had during the cold war, but...everyone (or nearly everyone) got too wrapped up in living lives of excess wanting for material things.

I have seen evidence however, that suggests a larger part of the population is waking up and STOCKING UP. It came as a pleasant surprise that mainstream media is focusing on the 'prepper' movement and not soo much of the Militias and Tea Partiers.

I will admit though during the interview with Fox news, the subject of comparing the preppers to militias DID come up and I had to set the record straight.

I was asked about guns and such things, but I kept the focus on preparedness (Water, Food, Medicine, Shelter) which is what it's all about.

Im looking forward to seeing the 3 other parts in their prepper series on Fox, which is supposed to air late April/early May this year.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
www.ynetnews.com...

Al-Quds al-Arabi reports leaders of Saudi Arabia, Syria due in Sharm el-Sheikh Thursday to visit Egyptian president, who is recovering from surgery. Western diplomats say talks to focus on Iran and Israeli threat to 'send Syria back to Stone Age'

www.google.com...

The U.S. has ruled out a military strike against Iran's nuclear program any time soon, hoping instead negotiations and United Nations sanctions will prevent the Middle East nation from developing nuclear weapons, a top U.S. defense department official said Wednesday.

www.upi.com...

The call is for tough sanctions. But sanctions really don't work and will punish Iranians more than their government. We should have learned that in Iraq.

A military strike would postpone Iran's nuclear ambitions. Obviously a different regime in Tehran committed to honoring the Non-Proliferation Treaty could assure the same outcome. For the time being, absent a ground invasion to remove the current government and install a new one, that won't happen.

talk about being between a rock and a hard place... good morning everybody

[edit on 21-4-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

i'm not one for war, but this entire area has been in conflict for so long; its what the governments live for. its the main battle over religion, and i hope it gets stopped with fire. hopefully the innocent and sane people living in the areas will escape, but other than them it should be wiped out.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Sure a war is "imminent".
People would surely believe anything if they are naive enough.

Opie & Anthony - Louise Ogborn McDonalds Security Tape

McDonald's 18 yr old female employee that was strip searched, tortured, humiliated, forced to remain naked for 3 hours, sexually abused in the working premises during her working shift by a both 45 year old male and female managers, over ..are you getting this..? a phone call from an unknown person claiming that it was a cop over the phone..that ordered them to detain the young employee.

If people can be so naive or downright malicious and stupid, they can surely buy anything of "imminent".

[edit on 21-4-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Originally posted by nik1halo
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I couldn't be bothered to read the entire thread, but why the hell would Switzerland be anihillated? They are obsessively peaceful and non-partisan. The only offensive thing they have ever commited to the war effort was the Swiss Army Knife!

Since you couldn't be bothered to read the entire thread, you probably haven't bothered to get a history lesson either?

Hitler didn't bomb Switzerland. Why not? THEY'RE THE BANKERS. They financed him, and kept his loot safe.

Obsessively peaceful in their own country perhaps, but another country getting bombed is just good business right?

Thank you for this very sarcastic and overly offensive reply to what I thought to be a very reasonable question. You're really contributing aren't you?

The reason I didn't read the entire thread is because it is a long thread and I was at work, so I didn't have time to go through it all.

Yes, many of the largest banks are in Switzerland for the ENTIRE WORLD, that included organisations and people from both sides during WWII. Much of the Nazi and Allied funds were stored in Swiss banks. This does not mean that the Swiss funded the Nazis. I keep my money in a bank, but my bank doesn't fund me! They were completely neutral and took neither side, nor provided military or tactical support to either, but did provided humanitarian aid to both.

Why are the Swiss Neutral?

Much of the Nazi funding actually came from the US, with many large families, such as the Bush's and Ford's supporting the Nazi adgenda and quietly sending funds to help the war effort.

Source

Funding the Holocaust

The Swiss are peaceful in their own country and all over the World, refusing to get involved in any conflict, other than for self defence and has not been in a state of war for nearly 200 years.

Ah, but don't let a simple thing like the facts get in the way eh?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I personally believe that the time of wars is coming to an end no matter your religion or were you live not even your skin color will matter. something big has got to happen soon you cant deny it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
i think the indecisiveness of the americans and israelis (if itcontinues) will be decisive. Iran, Syria, hezbollah, hamas, etc. all know exactly what they are doing...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
Thank you for this very sarcastic and overly offensive reply to what I thought to be a very reasonable question. You're really contributing aren't you?

Ah, but don't let a simple thing like the facts get in the way eh?

We share a taste for sarcasm then. Please explain how a swiss army knife contributes to this thread?

The facts are this:

The bankers have engineered the entire world political stage. Claiming neutrality in the face of actions and policies by the World bank, IMF, and all the private banking elite is nothing more than despicable.

Just because they wear nice suits does not mean they don't have plenty of blood on their grubby little fingers. I suppose you would likewise claim Goldman Sachs record profits has been good for the US economy?

A lot of people wish to be neutral, most can't afford it (thanks to said bankers) and end up as carrion food. Nobody is innocent in this, LEAST of all bankers.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

OK, I admit, I can live with a bit of sarcasm and I'll forgive you that much, as I'm probably just as sarcastic, if not moreso and I can admit that the bankers do steer world politics and shape the economies of the world, but to outright claim that they funded the Nazis is a bit much (sources?) and the Swiss are by no means alone in this. Most of the larger Western economic powers are equally to blaim for the shape of the world today.

Nevertheless, you still haven't answered my original question. Why would Switzerland be obliterated? Are you really trying to tell me that TPTB in the Middle East don't have their money in Swiss bank accounts?

The whole world uses the Swiss banking cartels and the fact remains that they are, as a nation militarily neutral, therefore, it is very unlikely that they would be attacked. Simple economics says that you don't destroy your own banks.

It was a simple observation that I made to show skepticism at the OP as to the unlikelihood of the situation as it was presented.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
www.americanthinker.com...

Iran is increasing its paramilitary Qods force operatives in Venezuela while covertly continuing supplies of weapons and explosives to Taliban and other insurgents in Afghanistan and Iraq, according to the Pentagon's first report to Congress on Tehran's military. The report on Iranian military power provides new details on the group known formally as the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps-Qods Force (IRGC-QF), the Islamist shock troops deployed around the world to advance Iranian interests. The unit is aligned with terrorists in Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, North Africa and Latin America, and the report warns that U.S. forces are likely to battle the Iranian paramilitaries in the future. The Qods force "maintains operational capabilities around the world," the report says, adding that "it is well established in the Middle East and North Africa and recent years have witnessed an increased presence in Latin America, particularly Venezuela."

Some food for thought:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

"The US has ruled out a military strike against Iran's nuclear program any time soon"

www.debka.com...

US deputy defense secretary Michele Flournoy said Wednesday, April 21: "The US has ruled out a military strike against Iran's nuclear program any time soon." This is the first time a senior administration official has publicly admitted that America has dropped its military option against Iran. Instead, said Flournoy, the US is hoping that "negotiations and United Nations sanctions will prevent the Middle East nation from developing nuclear weapons."

something to think watch for...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

I think we'd agree that sarcasm is while not always polite, often appropriate ;-)

Question: why would Switzerland be obliterated.

I have no "proof" that Switzerland should/could/would be obliterated, it has been the subject of prophecy. Nostradamus had the quatrain:

nostradamus.nostradamia.net...[/ur l]

IX-044 Translation:
Migrate, migrate out of Geneva everyone
The sky will change from gold to steel [Chemical War ?]
The "contre Raypoz" will exterminate everyone,
Before the event the sky will show signs.

Which raises the question.

Bankers have gold. Vast amounts. Chem warfare? Then just walk in?

Something just occured to me, swine flu last year ... ?

[url=http://birdflu666.wordpress.com/2009/07/03/german-news-site-reports-on-swiss-bioterrorism-incident/]Birdflu666

The German news site MM News today reported on charges I filed concerning a bioterrorism incident in Switzerland in April when a “faultily” packed container with vials of “swine flu”, allegedly direct from Mexico City, and a WHO-affiliated laboratory, exploded on a packed Inter City train close to Lausanne, spraying the passengers with the biological agent as the container was transported right across Switzerland to Geneva’s national influenza lab.

Any who or why question is just a question at this point, but this incident suggests that its not only possible, but likely.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by harryhaller]

[edit on 21-4-2010 by harryhaller] trying to fix link, not working :/

[edit on 21-4-2010 by harryhaller]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
So the lem"m"ings are going to jump in"to" the sea once again, and over the same thing lets see we have the ones that believe that the trinity of "the" religions christianity, islam, judaism. are separate from eachother. And we have the ones that ride on the back of the lem"m"ings waiting 'for'"eliminate" to profit among the many, the nwo after the dust settles. And we have the sane among the he'a'"eliminate"rd of le"m"mings putting there "their" life jackets on for the jump in"no space"to the sea. And we have the others who watch such shows. "please don't start a sentence with and" And they still argue on 'hu' "who"has the best invisible friend and 'hu's' "who's" made up stories are right conforming 'there' "their" 'believe' "belief" in 'there'"their" 'ideolgy'"Ideology"/made up story. Now 'there' "their" conf'o'"i"rmation for 'believe'"belief" is war, because that"'"s what was written. So since predicting war among humans is like predicting, it's going to snow in canada within a thousand years from now'.'"," Well I guess they can see the future.
'There' "They're" all on edge and burdened with public opinions, all this 'fuse' (blowing something up?) "fuss" 'neads' (kneading some dough?) "needs" to be set off"," is if someone throws some fire on it and boom.

Wow, if you're going to try and create a discourse of talking down about others' beliefs, then you might want to garner some credibility by learning the English language a tad bit better first.

you can see the corrections to the above post, (although not all inclusive), in the quotes.
Jaden

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
World war III was set up with the creation of Israel a long time ago. The Muslims and the Jews have never gotten along, just compare their attitudes towards money lending.

Because of the wrongdoing of the Jews We forbade them good things which were (before) made lawful unto them, and because of their much hindering from Allah's way,
And of their taking usury when they were forbidden it, and of their devouring people's wealth by false pretences, We have prepared for those of them who disbelieve a painful doom.

They killed Jews back then, they're killing them now. How could anyone have expected otherwise?

The ongoing war in the middle east, and the upcoming world war, all of it was intentionally engineered by the Illuminati.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by scwizard]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
more food for thought:

alittle off topic i suppose but these are signs of prophecy so i suppose it isnt that far off topic.

www.upi.com...
National Army Day in Tehran Images

Anyone know why some of the troops are dressed in all white or all black? are they special forces of soem kind or is it just for show?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Thats the foundation of it all. I just heard Rush repeat the phrase 'wipe them off the map' within the past 2 weeks.

Well sorry my friend but once agian just because there was a blunder in one word...it doesn't mean ALL the times the Iranian president has made threats against the west, and Israel are all untrue.....

A "blunder"? Again, it was a specific and deliberate play on words... but even if he did say it as you did you're skipping the hard stuff I've said. Let's try again...

Iran Isn't a Threat!

1. US Pentagon spends as much on child care as Iran does on their entire military budget.

2. Even if Iran managed a nuke, or dozens, Israel has 200-300 warheads and the US has thousands, many of which are attached to ICBM's.

3. The US has bases surrounding their borders.

4. US has invaded Iran's neighbors on each side (the most strategic ones who wouldn't allow US bases willingly):

Think about it:

5. Iran has never attacked their neighbors, nor any other nation militarily. The US has attacked or subverted most of the globe, with a striking death toll:
America's death toll on the world: 27,000,000++

6. Iran hasn't tried to overthrow the US government. The US has overthrown the Iranian government in the past (Operation AJAX), and is trying to currently.

7. Iran wasn't connected to the 9/11 attackers: Al Qaeda. The US helped invent Islamic Terrorism including Al Qaeda, used Al Qaeda in the Balkins conflict all during the 1990's while Bin Laden was supposedly our enemy, and is using Al Qaeda terrorists to attack Iran.

See here: Al Qaeda: "The CI-A Team"

8. Even if Iran did explicitly threaten the US or Israel (which is in FACT debatable), the US threatened Iran first no later than 9/11 (plus the history of having actually attacked Iran).

9. Iran doesn't have any aircraft carriers. The US has 11+ SUPERcarriers, a class which no other nation has even one.

10. Iran's potential for economic warfare against the "West" in on par with being an annoyance. Economic warfare on part of the US alone can devastate any nation (that it doesn't hold major debts with).

11. Iran isn't capable of electronic warfare with the mainland US, nor Israel in any great capacity. The US is capable is disrupting every communications signal in Iran.

12. Iran isn't a hegemonic empire. The US is a hegemonic empire:
766 US Military bases in foreign lands
US Forces in 159 of 193 Nations Worldwide

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
According to the propaganda at the time, sure. But in hindsight most were fabrications or shoddy in other ways. In fact, please provide one totally absolutely proven example of an overthrown government / assassination that was communist before it occured.

Sorry but that is not propaganda....it is the truth....

What isn't propaganda?

How about Guatemala, where US domestic propaganda claimed that it was about to be a Soviet beachead (sort of how Israel is the US beachead in the M.E.), and in hindsight it was a total fabrication:
Operation PBSUCCESS; Operation WASHTUB
The same lies were spread about the Iranian president Moseddegh to justify overthrowing that government. Shall I go on?
Operation CONDOR
Covert United States foreign regime change actions

Are you going to tell us that all, or even most Vietnamese people wanted Communism?.....

You're sidestepping the issues I've brought up. NOTE: All of my arguments trace back to origins of conflicts. Tracing the origins of 'Nam, Vietnam & Ho Chi Minh tried for several decades to plead with teh US to help stop French imperialism, which the US always ignored:

Following World War I, under the name of Nguyễn Ái Quốc (Nguyen the Patriot), he petitioned for recognition of the civil rights of the Vietnamese people in French Indochina to the Western powers at the Versailles peace talks, but was ignored. Citing the language and the spirit of the U.S. Declaration of Independence, Quốc petitioned U.S. President Woodrow Wilson for help to remove the French from Vietnam and replace it with a new, nationalist government. His request was ignored.

In 1941, Hồ returned to Vietnam to lead the Việt Minh independence movement. He oversaw many successful military actions against the Vichy French and Japanese occupation of Vietnam during World War II, supported closely but clandestinely by the United States Office of Strategic Services, and also later against the French bid to reoccupy the country (1946–1954). He was also jailed in China for many months by Chiang Kai-shek's local authorities. After his release in 1943, he again returned to Vietnam. He was treated for malaria and dysentery by American OSS doctors. In the highlands in 1944, he lived with Do Thi Lac, a woman of Tay ethnicity.[11] Lac had a son in 1956.[11]

After the August Revolution (1945) organized by the Việt Minh, Hồ became Chairman of the Provisional Government (Premier of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam) and issued a Proclamation of Independence of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam that borrowed much from the French and American declarations.[12] Though he convinced Emperor Bảo Đại to abdicate, his government was not recognized by any country. He repeatedly petitioned American President Harry Truman for support for Vietnamese independence,[13] citing the Atlantic Charter, but Truman never responded.

The propaganda are the claims that "" is all the fault of the U.S." which you seem to be repeating quite frequently....

Cause and effect. "We" could have helped them gain independence, but instea dimperial interests superceded their liberty. Are you really saying that the US imperialists running the nation actually cared whether or not tiny Vietnam was Communist, based on the best interests of the people there? Please tell me you arent that deluded fine sir. You should know I dont support communism by any stretch, but lets keep it real here. Cause & Effect: French & US imperialism actually lead to communism in Vietnam.

Right, so you are familiar with the propaganda that "is al the fault of the United States" yet you are not aware of the push for the spread of Communism by Communist regimes like China?....

Please show me the history where China killed millions of Vietnam directly to coerce them into being communist. I think thats what you said earlier, right?

Most Vietnamese were Buddhists, and Communism is an atheist form of economic/government.... The two, religion and Communism, don't go hand in hand....since Communism seeks to destroy all forms of religion...

The anti-religious activities of the US puppet regime proved not much better:

[edit on 21-4-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Iran's South American Allies celebrate Venezuela's Independence Day

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This sounds about right. Star and Flag.

couldn't have said it better myself!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rshadow

Considering that Iran recently had an important scientist defect to the U.S., this means they are fairly comfortable that Iran is not close to developing a nuke.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Gonna get ugly soon,war or not.....

Unless you lead a sheltered existence in the woodlands......

Preparedness is being able to make your own alcoholic beverages,so you can drown out the cries of the helpless with an overpowering buzzing noise.

Don't get involved until it comes to you,then it is too late for THEM.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join