Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Thats the foundation of it all. I just heard Rush repeat the phrase 'wipe them off the map' within the past 2 weeks.
Well sorry my friend but once agian just because there was a blunder in one word...it doesn't mean ALL the times the Iranian president has made
threats against the west, and Israel are all untrue.....
A "blunder"? Again, it was a specific and deliberate play on words... but even if he did say it as you did you're skipping the hard stuff I've
said. Let's try again...
Iran Isn't a Threat!
1. US Pentagon spends as much on child care as Iran does on their entire military budget.
2. Even if Iran managed a nuke, or dozens, Israel has 200-300 warheads and the US has thousands
, many of which are attached to ICBM's.
3. The US has bases surrounding their borders.
4. US has invaded Iran's neighbors on each side (the most strategic ones who wouldn't allow US bases willingly):
Think about it:
5. Iran has never attacked their neighbors, nor any other nation militarily. The US has attacked or subverted most of the globe, with a striking death
America's death toll on the world: 27,000,000++
6. Iran hasn't tried to overthrow the US government. The US has overthrown the Iranian government in the past
(Operation AJAX), and is trying to currently.
7. Iran wasn't connected to the 9/11 attackers: Al Qaeda. The US helped invent Islamic Terrorism including Al Qaeda, used Al Qaeda in the Balkins
conflict all during the 1990's while Bin Laden was supposedly our enemy, and
is using Al Qaeda terrorists
to attack Iran.
See here: Al Qaeda: "The CI-A Team"
8. Even if Iran did explicitly threaten the US or Israel (which is in FACT debatable), the US threatened Iran first no later than 9/11 (plus the
history of having actually attacked Iran).
9. Iran doesn't have any aircraft carriers. The US has 11+ SUPERcarriers, a class which no other nation has even one.
10. Iran's potential for economic warfare against the "West" in on par with being an annoyance. Economic warfare on part of the US alone can
nation (that it doesn't hold major debts with).
11. Iran isn't capable of electronic warfare with the mainland US, nor Israel in any great capacity. The US is capable is disrupting every
communications signal in Iran.
12. Iran isn't a hegemonic empire. The US is a hegemonic empire:
766 US Military bases in foreign lands
US Forces in 159 of 193 Nations Worldwide
Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
According to the propaganda at the time, sure. But in hindsight most were fabrications or shoddy in other ways. In fact, please provide one
totally absolutely proven example of an overthrown government / assassination that was communist before it occured.
Sorry but that is not propaganda....it is the truth....
What isn't propaganda?
How about Guatemala, where US domestic propaganda claimed that it was about to be a Soviet beachead (sort of how Israel is the US beachead in the
M.E.), and in hindsight it was a total fabrication:
The same lies were spread about the Iranian president Moseddegh to justify overthrowing that government. Shall I go on?
Covert United States foreign regime change actions
Are you going to tell us that all, or even most Vietnamese people wanted Communism?.....
You're sidestepping the issues I've brought up. NOTE: All of my arguments trace back to origins of conflicts. Tracing the origins of 'Nam, Vietnam
& Ho Chi Minh tried for several decades to plead with teh US to help stop French imperialism, which the US always ignored:
Following World War I, under the name of Nguyễn Ái Quốc (Nguyen the Patriot), he petitioned for recognition of the civil rights of the
Vietnamese people in French Indochina to the Western powers at the Versailles peace talks, but was ignored. Citing the language and the spirit of the
U.S. Declaration of Independence, Quốc petitioned U.S. President Woodrow Wilson for help to remove the French from Vietnam and replace it with a
new, nationalist government. His request was ignored.
In 1941, Hồ returned to Vietnam to lead the Việt Minh independence movement. He oversaw many successful military actions against the Vichy French
and Japanese occupation of Vietnam during World War II, supported closely but clandestinely by the United States Office of Strategic Services, and
also later against the French bid to reoccupy the country (1946–1954). He was also jailed in China for many months by Chiang Kai-shek's local
authorities. After his release in 1943, he again returned to Vietnam. He was treated for malaria and dysentery by American OSS doctors. In the
highlands in 1944, he lived with Do Thi Lac, a woman of Tay ethnicity. Lac had a son in 1956.
After the August Revolution (1945) organized by the Việt Minh, Hồ became Chairman of the Provisional Government (Premier of the Democratic
Republic of Vietnam) and issued a Proclamation of Independence of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam that borrowed much from the French and American
declarations. Though he convinced Emperor Bảo Đại to abdicate, his government was not recognized by any country. He repeatedly petitioned
American President Harry Truman for support for Vietnamese independence, citing the Atlantic Charter, but
Truman never responded.
The propaganda are the claims that "" is all the fault of the U.S." which you seem to be repeating quite frequently....
Cause and effect. "We" could have helped them gain independence, but instea dimperial interests superceded their liberty. Are you really saying that
the US imperialists running the nation actually cared whether or not tiny Vietnam was Communist, based on the best interests of the people there?
Please tell me you arent that deluded fine sir. You should know I dont support communism by any stretch, but lets keep it real here. Cause & Effect:
French & US imperialism actually lead to communism in Vietnam.
Right, so you are familiar with the propaganda that "is al the fault of the United States" yet you are not aware of the push for the
spread of Communism by Communist regimes like China?....
Please show me the history where China killed millions of Vietnam directly
to coerce them into being communist. I think thats what you said
Most Vietnamese were Buddhists, and Communism is an atheist form of economic/government.... The two, religion and Communism, don't go hand in
hand....since Communism seeks to destroy all forms of religion...
The anti-religious activities of the US puppet regime proved
[edit on 21-4-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]