It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im sick of seeing earthquake threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
We literally have people who sit their and watch RSS feeds of earthquakes just waiting for their chance to shine by posting an earthquake thread. Im so sick of seeing them on the frontpage every other day I could puke, while i try to do interesting writeups which hardly ever make it frontpage. And every earthquake thread is the same! We get an explanation of where it was and how much or little damage it did. and then we get nuts that come in and say its haarp or earthquake technology, and then we have the more people come in and argue about haarp not being able to do it. And that is the basic premise of EVERY earthquake thread. I cringe everytime I see a new earthquake thread on the frontpage! I certainly hope no one else here spends a lot of time on creating informative threads and posting them the same day as any earthquake bigger than 3.0

Seriously, can we stop having earthquake threads every time the earth farts? or maybe put an earthquake RSS feed on the side so every can see them as they happen? Its getting a little ridiculous!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
Seriously, can we stop having earthquake threads every time the earth farts?

Hey, all I can say is some people find them fascinating, and the same could be said about any other topic including political, ufos, 911, etc, etc..

To each their own I suppose.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Except most threads have something new to talk about, or arent homogenous.
EVERY EARTHQUAKE thread is the same crap! Its getting to be really annoying. Who cares if australia have a 5.0 that shook a few people around?

theres bigger issues to deal with in the modern world

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

There's only one answer for you:

DON'T READ THEM!!

There won't be any bigger issues if the earth decides to fart right under your backside!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
...Isnt it current news?
Shouldnt that make it important? Especially to the Austrailian members?
And all the HAARP theorists.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Yes, maybe for big earthquakes that kill a bunch of people.

but as i said, if youve read 1 earthquake thread, you've read them all.

Maybe we should have a limit on earthquakes threads? like it should be a 6.0 or bigger before a thread needs to be made tell people there was an earthquake halfway around the world.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This is blatantly not going to happen. Mainly because every time these happen, it feeds peoples paranoia... not enough for them to actually do anything more than casually discuss it on an internet forum, but still.

If you think this is bad though, wait til the crop circle threads start up again. Joy!
And if we'rre lucky, the earthquake & crop circle threads will combine into one.. i.e. 'OMFG, VOLCANO SHAPED CROP CIRCLE!!'.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Except most threads have something new to talk about, or arent homogenous.
EVERY EARTHQUAKE thread is the same crap! Its getting to be really annoying. Who cares if australia have a 5.0 that shook a few people around?

theres bigger issues to deal with in the modern world

Wow. Obviously this is in response to my thread. And I'm sorry you feel that way. But if you had read it properly, I didn't mention anywhere, anything about HAARP having anything at all to do with that earthquake.

In fact, I was bothered by this:

David Jepsen, a senior seismologist with Geoscience Australia, told ABC Local Radio the earthquake was felt up to several hundred kilometres from where it struck.

"This is the largest earthquake that we've had in the region since we've recorded earthquakes here," he said.

"We can't rule out the effects of what the mining has done."
bolding mine. link

And as I've said before, there is a lot of money in mining here. A lot of the big mining companies are involved here.

Mines in the area produce around 50,000 tonnes of nickel and a million ounces of gold a year.

Kalgoorlie is regarded as the mining capital of Australia, with some of the country's biggest gold mines, such as the Super Pit, and has historically been at the centre of Australian gold rushes.

Not trying to be rude, but do you understand what I'm getting at?

Edit for grammar

[edit on 20/4/2010 by Sparkly_Eyed777]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
No, i Understand where you're coming from.

and its nothing personal. Im just tired of hoping for some good content on front page.. stuff ive never heard of before, and it always seems I pop on right after an earthquake.

and maybe the whole mining issue is new to some people here, but its not to me.

And i never said your post was about haarp. I just said earthquake threads usualy get derailed into that type of thing..

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
It's cool, I get where you're coming from too.

I just thought what I posted was interesting because of what happened and if the mining had a hand in it and whether or not that would mean anything because of the big companies here.

And i never said your post was about haarp. I just said earthquake threads usualy get derailed into that type of thing..

Yeah, sorry about that, it just seemed that you were willing to write the whole thread off because you thought it might come to that and not even bother reading properly, what I had said.

To me it seems, a lot of threads are ideas or speculation and don't have any or enough proof of anything. But there's actually proof that something might be wrong in this situation and I believe that that is important to explore.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
its interesting tho. I live in a mining town. We have to Main mines. they have been mining since the 1800's and its responsible for making many milionaires in our town "back in the day" and yet we have never had a earthquake centered around us.
we had a 3.0 about 5 years ago, but it was 3-4 hours away, but we still felt it.

thats a spooky thing to wake up to when you've never experienced a ground moving earthquake.

i thought somebody was b*nging at the end of my bed lol

top topics

join