It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular New Cosmic Sight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impetus
i see a dude with suit and tie on the right man lol he has a short full beard look to the right u will see it, it looks as if he is standing there looking to the right and only fae and part of chest visible lol, you sure this is not been played with?

hmmm.

i do see it too... kinda sitting down ish..

Good EYE mate...lol

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
pictures like that remind me how ridiculous moral/religious beliefs are.

I'm sorry you feel that way. If I felt that way I would probably kill myself. To be nothing more than a random event we call "life" in a universe far greater, far older, far more beautiful, and completely unenhanced by anything down here... life is nothing more than a minor "entropy enhancer" in that context. I cannot conceive of a rational reason to remain living, consuming resources of any kind, if there's no point to life other than continuing more life while doing whatever "feels good," regardless of whether it's moral or not. If there is no absolute morality, then all human behavior is as equally disgusting as it is beautiful. To judge any of it as just one or the other becomes nothing more than a subjective assessment without meaning or weight - there is no imperative to respect the property, rights, or life of others if there is no absolute morality. If there is no absolute morality, there are no natural rights, and the entire premise of the Declaration of Independence is null and void. I see pictures like this as evidence of just the opposite, evidence of such amazing beauty, delicate balance, and awesome power that it's hard to believe life as we know it could even survive. Take dark matter for instance; whether it exists as actual "matter" or it's just that newtonian mechanics works differently at galactic scales, if the effects of it didn't exist, if our original assumptions prior to invoking dark matter were true, every galaxy should fly apart under its own rotational momentum. I think in the end it all boils down to two possibilities equally unprovable by man's abilities; multiple universes exist with very different conditions ala Sliders and by accident we're just one of the very, very few in which everything is cohesive, or two, our universe was fine tuned by a higher being. Neither is a ridiculous belief, and ultimately it will be up to each person to decide what they really believe in their heart is true.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Thinking outside the box, not necessarily, it all could so easily exist on a computer no bigger than a typcal PC. The immense size of the universe from our perspective is simply an illusion. Reality is probably nothing more than a simulation running on a Quantum computer.

X3: Terran Conflict

It's pretty amazing what computers are capable off these days and in the space of only 30 years, computer graphics have come along way. In the distant future, advances in computer technology will allow us to duplicate anything seen in the real world in the form of a computer game or a virtual reality simulation. The experience will be so real that you probably won't be able to tell the difference. Therefore reality itself is probably just a simulation.

It would also explain why nobody has seen God, as like you said, I very much doubt he/she or it cares that much about illusionary beings.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by kindred]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Yeah it sure makes you wonder doesn't it? What if our so called reality is actually just a computer simulation running in some guy's super advanced PC?

Pictures like this always amaze me, because it gives you a slight glimpse of just how truly beautiful and huge our universe is, and yeah it can be a bit sad to stare at all of those stars and not be able to go and explore. What if we're supposed to contact other living beings out there and share knowledge and technology? Just like living in a big city where some of your neighbors have food, others water, others tv and internet, wouldn't you want everyone to have a bit of everything? =P

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Spectacular!
S & F for you. Thanks.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Slih_09

Yeah humanity searching for the ultimate truth for millions of years, only to find that God is some nerdy computer geek. Talk about an anti climax.

Yes it's still an awe inspiring universe and just a shame that none of us will ever get to experience any of it first hand, which is something I always dreamed about as a child growing up. My favourite book was the usborne book of the future and I'm still peeved that I still don’t yet have my own personal jet pack.
Shame that most of the predictions haven't come true yet, such as Nuclear & Cold Fusion and solar panels etc on everyone's house.

The Usborne Book of the Future pdf
www.scribd.com...

discoveryenterprise.blogspot.com...

Journey to the Edge of the Universe preview

The Edge of the universe - Full version

[edit on 1-5-2010 by kindred]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
hello White 2098, over 2,000 years ago, a Greek, I cannot remember his name, worked out the earth was a globe, the flat Earth come from an American song, which I am now going to Google, to see if I can find out who sang it and when it was written. Also that Greek guy.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Hello again White 2098, the Greek guy was Parmenides, worked out the earth globe in 470BC I did find a 'flat earth' song, but not the one I was thinking of, its by 'Echobelly' the world is flat, I think the song I am thinking about was written in the 1930's or 40's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join