It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Obama Administration Behind An Astroturf Anti-Tea Party Website?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Originally posted by jibeho
Why does Obama continually and publicly mock tea party members?

When?

Before you get defensive, I am simple asking when. I am not denying anything or baiting you. I have not heard it but I do not listen to him speak often and have not read about it. I am more than open to the idea he does I am just curious what he has said.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by K J Gunderson]

President Barack Obama struck a hyperpartisan note Thursday, telling Democrats that he was "amused" by the Tax Day Tea Party rallies.

Obama, addressing a Democratic National Committee (DNC) fundraiser in Miami, did little to endear himself to the Tea Party groups protesting around the country, saying "they should be saying thank you" because of the tax cuts he has signed into law.

The president went as far as to say that this week's special election in Florida, which was won by Democrat Ted Deutch, was portrayed by Republicans as "a referendum on healthcare, a referendum on the stimulus."

"And you know what, it was," Obama said to applause.

Obama continued to dare Republicans to run on a platform of repealing healthcare reform, telling the audience "they won't be very successful."

thehill.com...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

You a boxer? This is quite a reach.

When did he mock the tea baggers? He addresses REPUBLICANS and according to the tea baggers, the tea party is NOT REPUBLICAN, so maybe you need to point it out to me there?

Again, where is the mocking? Quote the part that is mocking them? Just because Dennis Miller's neck is getting so fat that he can no longer hear, does not mean there was an insult. Maybe you want to point it out to me.

President Barack Obama struck a hyperpartisan note Thursday, telling Democrats that he was "amused" by the Tax Day Tea Party rallies.

Mocking? I am amused by my favorite comedians and that is why I pay money to see them. I am fairly certain they take my money and my amusement as a compliment so perhaps you can explain to me how this is mocking them.

Obama, addressing a Democratic National Committee (DNC) fundraiser in Miami, did little to endear himself to the Tea Party groups protesting around the country, saying "they should be saying thank you" because of the tax cuts he has signed into law.

The president went as far as to say that this week's special election in Florida, which was won by Democrat Ted Deutch, was portrayed by Republicans as "a referendum on healthcare, a referendum on the stimulus."

"And you know what, it was," Obama said to applause.

Obama continued to dare Republicans to run on a platform of repealing healthcare reform, telling the audience "they won't be very successful."

thehill.com...

I see the word REPUBLICANS over and over again. I guess you guys have to make up your mind. Are you no longer arguing that the tea party is not a Republican movement?

Get back to me when you have a real answer for me.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

You asked, I provided.

Granted the first video is a bit of stretch in its relation to the TPM in general. However, it clearly illustrates the arrogant, confrontational and condescending nature of Obama and typically his die hard defenders as it relates to any and all who disagree with this administration's policies and agenda.

The second clip is a simple and smug reference to the TPM. Again typical of Obama.

The final situation is simply more of the same.

It is all arrogant and provocative mockery from a president who pledged bipartisanship.

The TPM as a whole consists of a melting pot of political ideologies and people of all ages and backgrounds and they have all had enough with our govt.

I know where you stand, so save your breath with your arrogant reply.

This is my opinion plain and simple. Obama is wielding the sledge that is driving the wedge further into this nation than ever before.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by jibeho]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

reply to post by K J Gunderson

You asked, I provided.

No you did not. I asked when the president mocked the Tea Party. You provided no such thing as I pointed out.

Granted the first video is a bit of stretch in its relation to the TPM in general.

Bit of a stretch? You mean in that he never even mentions them but specifically mentions Republicans who the Tea Party swears it is not?
That is more than a BIT of a stretch. It is what is commonly know as an outright fabrication.

However, it clearly illustrates the arrogant, confrontational and condescending nature of Obama and typically his die hard defenders as it relates to any and all who disagree with this administration's policies and agenda.

Who cares? That is not what I asked you for because that was not the claim being made.

The second clip is a simple and smug reference to the TPM. Again typical of Obama.

Why do I always need to ask you guys questions more than once? What was mocking?

The final situation is simply more of the same.

It is all arrogant and provocative mockery from a president who pledged bipartisanship.

Again, HOW SO?????????????

You can calling it mocking as many times as you like but unless you can explain it, you kind of lost any point you had to make.

The TPM as a whole consists of a melting pot of political ideologies and people of all ages and backgrounds and they have all had enough with our govt.

So then why would you post a video of the president addressing REPUBLICANS and say he is mocking the Tea Party? Can you answer any of my questions or is there a set script you have to work off of?

I know where you stand, so save your breath with your arrogant reply.

Funny because I have no clue where you stand. You seem to think the Tea Party is a heterogeneous mix of all kinds all at the same time you seem to think they are Republicans specifically. You talk about mocking and then cannot explain what is so derisive about "amused." Where do you stand? Obviously it is behind something the way you dodge questions.

This is my opinion plain and simple. Obama is wielding the sledge that is driving the wedge further into this nation than ever before.

Awesome. When I ask question and you PRETEND to want to answer them and then avoid them completely, guess how much your opinion tacked on the end means?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join