It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'N.Korean Officer' Says North Sank the Cheonan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

'N.Korean Officer' Says North Sank the Cheonan

english.chosun.com

A North Korean Army officer has testified that the North Korean military attacked the South Korean Navy corvette Cheonan before it sank in the West Sea on March 26, the head of a South Korean activist group claimed Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www .dailymail.co.uk

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
According to the Daily Mail, it was a North Korean mini-sub carrying thirteen soldiers that carried out the attack, which apparently was a retaliation for a lost skirmish last November.

Preliminary results of the investigation indicate an external explosion to be the cause of the sinking.

After an initial examination of the wreckage, investigators said last week that an unidentified external explosion appears to have caused the sinking. That assessment strongly bolstered suspicions of North Korea's involvement, possibly in a torpedo or sea mine attack.

source

Obviously the claim made by South Korean activist Choi Sung-yong is not very credible. He is no evidence other than a transcript of the phone call and the fact that his father was abducted by North Korea does not make him really unbiased.

Although it is too early to draw conclusions, it is very interesting that an external explosion apparently caused the sinking as this takes away the suspicion that some internal explosion caused the ship to sink.

Was it a mine or a torpedo? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

english.chosun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
And the officer says that something bigger will happen...

Time for some panic sex...

But I guess it won't happen since NOTHING EVER HAPPENS on the Korean peninsula...

Hopefully if North Korea does something stupid, China invades them from the north... like their contingency plans that have come out explain.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Nothing will come of it, they have been at war for a long time now with the occasional skirmish and no huge battles..do you know why?

Because N Korea's big friend is China the world's new USA, South Korea's biggest friend is the older superpower USA.

Neither side is going to risk it.. even they know that if it escalated not only would their countries be shattered but they would of started a chain of events from Asia all the way to Europe of allies breaking pacts and defending themselves.

Seoul would be flattened in 8 minutes by the 5000 artillery pieces pointing at it.

N korea would be flattened in a matter of hours by South Korean and US air and naval bombardment.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I hope that China makes strong move - occupation or threat of it - If North Korea wont make fast changes in their policies towards South Korea.

News was also in AP:

Activist: NKoreans fired torpedo at SKorean ship

www.google.com...

Any western action will just make bad to go worst.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I don't really think that China really minds the hostile position of North Korea against its southern neighbor, nor do I think they have enough influence over North Korea to make Kim decide to change his behavior.

If this turns out to have really been a North Korean torpedo attack, I wonder what will happen. Would South Korea retaliate or not?

new topics

top topics

join