It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Missile May Be Able to Hit U.S. by 2015

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Iranian Missile May Be Able to Hit U.S. by 2015

www.foxnews.com

With sufficient foreign assistance, Iran could probably develop and test an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) capable of reaching the United States by 2015," says a new 12 page unclassified report prepared by the Department of Defense on the Iran Military Threat.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Well well, I don't know what all you people think of MSM like this, but personally, I think it's complete nonsense.

It reminds me of all the lies that we were spun in the UK before the Iraq Invasion about how they could launch their WMD into Europe.

Lets face it, if Iran were ever so advanced militarily, would'nt they be more interested in wiping out Israel before launching strikes at the U.S.?

regardless, I find this story complete fearmongering and desperate BS.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Agreed. It was like 2 or 3 days ago they JUST said Iran is atleast 1 year from having enough material for a nuclear weapon. Now they're pushing propaganda about them having intercontinental missile technology???

Total BS. North Korea has been trying to develop missile technology for years now. Even tried a test a few months back under the guise of a satellite program. Failed miserably. Why has the focus shifted from North Korea to Iran so fast? China, Russia, and the US are the only holders of intercontinental ballistic missile and nuclear war head technology. If any other country gets it, then the big 3 will have ALOT of explaining to do.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
2015 long way away and plus it would be shot down.. unless of course china gives them one of theirs

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
From my thread: Iran - the Battlefield of the Sino-American Struggle for Power

Why would America actually consider attacking Iran? Assuming that Iran does indeed intend to develop nuclear weapons, it would not form a significant threat to America for the following reasons: Iran is believed not to possess ballistic missiles capable of reaching the United States, whereas it does have many missiles capable of reaching Israel. Its most advanced ballistic missile, the Shahab-6, only has a range of 6,000 km at most, which would be insufficient to reach eastern coast of the United States - this was confirmed by Israeli intelligence and contradicts those who claim this missile has a range of unto 10,000 km. Additionally, the US (from now on America) spends almost $10 billion on missile defense technology, making it the single highest budget of all military programs. It is known that America has the world's most advanced anti-missile technology and has deployed these systems on its naval vessels and abroad such as in various allied Gulf States. Hypothetically speaking, the long distance between Iran and the US would enable detection of possible missile threats at an early stage that even if Iran would have the means to attack America, it would very likely fail and hence, implausible.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
OMG if Iran is not invaded we are all going to die! Just like when they needed to invade Iraq, bailout the banks and pass the stimulus to avoid almost certain doom. I guess they figure if a strategy is working they should keep using it. Fear has always been an effective tool to bypass rational debate on issues.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Its that opening line that gets me - grantbeed.

================================================

"With sufficient foreign assistance, Iran could probably ........."

Please insert just about any claim you like HERE .

================================================

========================
[edit on 20-4-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
"Iranian Missile May Be Able to Hit U.S. by 2015"

I interpreted this to read that if they launched their missile today, it would reach the US by 2015!
so maybe they are tossing their super duper new floating missile into the Gulf, and hoping that lucky sea currents will eventually cause it to wash up on the shores of North America.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Its that opening line that gets me - grantbeed.

"With sufficient foreign assistance, Iran could probably ........."

Please insert just about any claim you like HERE .

Fun game I want to play. With sufficient foreign assistance, Iran could probably... build a moon base run by doctor evil and hold the entire world to ransom! Prove me wrong

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Exactly, well said!

I can't believe there are people out there who actually read this sort of stuff and believe it. The above posters are all correct, unless another country gives Iran such capability, they would not be capable of reaching this distance, and even then the U.S. Defence would render it useless as soon as it gets outside Iranian soil.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Here is the unclassified report for anyone who is interested -

www.defense.gov...

I have not had the chance to read it yet...it's late here! will read tomorrow.

G.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Is anyone really surprised that Iran wants to develop long range and nuclear missles. If you heard a global superpower saying that they are going to attack you, you would want to do everything in your power to defend yourself and fight back. You can't expect Iran to just sit back and wait for this inevitable attack.

The fact that they are trying to develop scary weapons to deter the war mongering isn't a good reason to attack them.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The U.S Probably has Space weapons on sattalites already.

Either laser,pew pew

Or just a warhead they drop, when they float over the country.

"Whatever they can do we can do better♪

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
OP's source

"With sufficient foreign assistance, Iran could probably develop and test an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) capable of reaching the United States by 2015,"

I think the key words in this phrase are, "with sufficient foreign assistance." Basically, they are saying that there is a chance that they might be able to make ICBMs by 2015. They are not saying that they are going to be able to do so.

I don't think Iran would fire a nuclear weapon at Israel or the US, even if they did make one. That would be suicide. It would most likely be used for better political positioning. Iran is above begging for aid like North Korea. They would have bigger plans for their entry to the nuclear club.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
isn't this the same kind of BS they slowly started plying us with before Iraq. its all coming together from were I'm standing how it plays out is anyone's guess.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
"minime stop humping the laser"

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If they require foreign assistance to create the missile then the CIA will continue to feed them faulty parts through contractors and suppliers. The date may be propaganda but Iran is trying to develop long-range weapon systems. It is a no-brainer.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
That's one pretty damn slow missile.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
OP's source

"With sufficient foreign assistance, Iran could probably develop and test an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) capable of reaching the United States by 2015,"

I think the key words in this phrase are, "with sufficient foreign assistance." Basically, they are saying that there is a chance that they might be able to make ICBMs by 2015. They are not saying that they are going to be able to do so.

I don't think Iran would fire a nuclear weapon at Israel or the US, even if they did make one. That would be suicide. It would most likely be used for better political positioning. Iran is above begging for aid like North Korea. They would have bigger plans for their entry to the nuclear club.

Iran could care a less about committing suicide. Hence suicide bombers. However, Iran and its regime have made it clear they want to raise the 12th Imam. They believe the 12th Imam is sealed away somewhere around the Babylonian empire near Iraq. They want to be able to have enough power to destroy Israel who they believe are evil and have vowed publicly to "wipe off the map" and "death to America."

Maybe they believe a nuclear weapon is the tool they need to release the Imam. I don't know, but they are very serious about what they are after and what they want. They believe once the 12th Imam is released he will destroy the world and bring about Armageddon. This fulfilling their prophecy. I understand the international paranoia over Iran because of Iran's beliefs but a lot of it is just that. Paranoia.

Now if the CIA steps in and funds them/helps them obtain technology and weapons...

that's another story.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

Funny you think Iran is obsessed with an ancient prophecy. Ever look at the American presense in Iraq post-invasion? They raided and destroyed the remains of Babylon (in Baghdad) and built a superfortress-- ERRR my bad, an "embassy" on or very near Babylon territory.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join