It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

magic believers are probably bs-ing us

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Not to answer a question with a question but what is your definition of magic? Without knowing that it's difficult to provide an answer to your question.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

One who hold true magick keep their mouth shut. They have nothing to prove to but themselves.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I am sure magic exsist but not just yet because I believe science wil prevain and make a wonderful magic substitute. For example a computer program you can emerse you consciousness in and play a game where magic exsist. Like a VR time the infinite power. why not, science can do anything if studied for enough time! hazzaahh

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepathoverseer

One who hold true magick keep their mouth shut. They have nothing to prove to but themselves.

or maybe their just delusional and think it exists, and think they only have to prove it to themselves, they aer hoarding secrets if athey are not delusional however, and i hate secrets

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
Not to answer a question with a question but what is your definition of magic? Without knowing that it's difficult to provide an answer to your question.

magic as in being able to make it rain on command or make someone fall in love, or raise the dead

in other words, to bend reality to your will

[edit on 20-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
somebody give me a spell to make the rain fall at will please ive been waiting

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
* Edit *

I just read the response you posted right above mine. So I suppose that my response below isn't really what you're looking for.

Sorry.

Already posted though, so instead of creating a random empty post on your thread, I'll leave it up.

* Edit *

What exactly do you consider to be "magic" in the context of your search? Not that I claim to have an "easy" method for doing magic, but what would you consider "results" of magic to be? For instance, some of my endeavors into magic have included:

Crafting a sigil to unite a girl in Arizona, with a friend in Illinois. They were childhood friends, who had lost contact, and he was curious if they would have had a chance together. What he wanted was for me to try and do a scrying to see the answer to that, but I misunderstood his intent and thought he wanted a "love" sigil, so I made one. She called him 3 days later and they've been dating now for almost 2 years.

As a follow-up, he wanted her to be closer to him (Arizona to Illinois is kind of a distance to travel to see one another), so he and I worked out a sigil for bringing her closer. After some searching, her mother and father got jobs in the Chicago and they moved from Arizona to Illinois. They've been there for almost half a year now.

I don't know if that counts. Some people try and chalk it up to coincidence. I'm impersonal. Would it be cool if I helped them get together? Yeah. But if it was all a coincidence, than that's also cool by me.

If not that, I also consistently perform protection charms, spells, and sigils for my best friend. We live a little distance apart now, and I seldom get to see her in person anymore. In one instance I attempted to procure a guardian angel (named Achelia) to watch over her, something she wanted me to do.

On February 14, 2008 the N.I.U shootings occurred. My friend was living in Neptune Hall East at the time, the shootings occurred in Cole Hall. She called me on the phone, telling me that something in her gut told her she had to get out, so she just grabbed her jacket and keys, sparing no time to get anything else, and as she left the first shots were fired.

You can make what you want of that one, she's the one who told me she was grateful that I had done what I had for her.

Later that year, after she asked me to do a "thank you" for the supposed angel (she has some personal stories where she believes it was present, but I don't think this board is the appropriate place for sharing them), she was coming home from visiting her sister in Wisconsin when the infamous 100 + car pile-up occurred. This was December 28, 2008.

She made it through without getting so much as a scratch, even though cars in front of, and behind hers weren't so lucky. Again, she's the one who believes it was the "angel" helping her through. Make what you will of it.

Aside from those 4 big things, most of the rest of my stuff is little things. Making a lost Ipod show up in a purse, making misplaced car keys appear in a college shower, getting a favorite hat returned in the work lost-and-found when it had gone missing more than a week ago. Nothing really big.

So, I don't know if I can give you an "easy" spell so you can document and prove it. Because I'm not sure if my endeavors count as "magic" in your eyes or not.

I certainly was attempting to influence, and bend the cosmos to suit a need or goal. But I've always had an open mind towards these experience, and can accept that everything which happened is just coincidence... a whole lot of coincidences.

Not sure if that helped, or did anything to contribute to the thread OP, but I figured I would share anyway and see if it's what you were looking for.

~ Wandering Scribe

[edit on 21/4/10 by Wandering Scribe]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

wether if those stories were true or not they sure were some interesting reads, but ive been talking about this particular spell, i want to make it rain at will
can you help me out with that?

[edit on 21-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

o if you can help
i dont want to do any blood sacrifice or spend any money
i mean i guess i could use my own blood but i really dont want to do that either but if thats all you got then ill try it

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Before I read that you were seeking a weather manipulation spell I was under the impression that you were just looking for anything that might be magical. Which is why I posted what I did before I read your response above my own.

Unfortunately, I was never taught, nor learned weather manipulation. A friend I have in Kenosha says I always bring good weather her way. All I can think is that it comes 'cause I drive a few hours and really don't want to spend the day in a dorm 'cause it rained, ha ha.

So, sorry, but I've never tried experimenting with weather manipulation. Try looking up some of the psychics on these boards. They've told me before that weather manipulation is something they can do.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I've never actually used a blood-sacrifice, or any type of blood-letting in anything I've done. I'm extremely squeamish when it comes to my own blood, ha ha. I can barely look at a bleeding wound when I get one. So I wouldn't know the first thing about blood-sacrifices.

I'm more of the impression that your focus and spiritual state has more to do with it than the candles and weapons and incantations. I've always believed that those things were just psycho-drama to get your mind and focus in the proper place.

Just my opinion though.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

well i was looking for anything in general but i used weather manipulation as an example, could you possibley give me a levitation spell, or maybe a fireball spell or something like that or a spell make something lost reapear like you suggested?
i would most like the fireball spell but thats in the school of destruction isnt it? and you seem like a good karma magic guy or white wizard or something to that effect

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

yeah most my ideas of magic are from D&D, elder scrolls, aztec rituals stuff like that but thats not the correct view of it in your eyes is it?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

also if magick does exist it would probably have something to do with karma, you do something it comes back at you sevenfold, or three fold or some kind of fold right?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

If you've got something lost that you actually do need back - like car keys - then I could maybe try and give you something to use. Everything I do is a little different each time depending on what it is for, and who it is that needs it back.

All of those parlor tricks you mentioned (levitation, pyrokenisis, weather manipulation) I've never believed were in the realm of magic, or magicians. I think "psychics" are the people who can supposedly do those things.

If you can levitate, it's probably a spiritual state like the old Yogis from India. I'm hoping you don't discredit spiritual things like Yoga or meditation the same way you do "magic" from the new-agers perspective. Yoga and meditation both do have health benefits.

If you can throw a fireball I would love to see it, ha ha. I actually challenged a "psychic" on these boards myself, to see him create a "magic ball of energy" but he failed. So I think we both agree that those types of things aren't feasible.

Being a Buddhist in faith, I do actually try and keep my Karmic balance in order. I think it also just has to do with having a conscience. I don't like hurting people, and thus I do my best not to make any enemies. So if you want to call me a "good wizard" or whatever, go ahead. I just like to call it a conscience.

My personal stance on "how" all this magic works is actually the one stance you didn't want to be brought up: bio-electric waves, the small radiation all of our bodies give off, the ability for the brain to focus these various waves (the pendulum trick... ask if you don't know what that is), etc.

I don't think it's a combination of "gods" and "spirits" or any of that stuff. Just good ol' fashioned chemical and electrical reactions our own bodies make.

* Edit *

I don't actually believe in any of that "Law of Karmic Return" stuff that Wicca and New-Agers preach. I've read the "Wiccan Rede" and decided the only useful bit was the ending about not hurting anyone.

So no, can't say I really believe it will all come back to me times three (or seven). There are a whole lot of schools of thought out there when it comes to magic or magick. Hermetics, Qaballa, the occult, Paganism, Wicca, witchcraft, sorcery, Druidism, candle magic, spirituality, spiritualism, shamanism, and many, many more.

So believing that it all comes down to a few little rules is probably being way too general and ambiguous if you're seeking someone to come forward and give you actual results.

* Edit *

~ Wandering Scribe

[edit on 21/4/10 by Wandering Scribe]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

well you seemed very level headed with this and i never thought of bio electric but yeah i guess thats a pretty good explanation

i think maybe you can help me but maybe you will view this at wrong, but anyway i am going to be completeley honest
my dad died recently his gf denies that i am his son and has kept my dads personal belongings from me, (she even gave some things away to people)
is there a spell you can give me to help me get my rightful inheritance?
if you want more details on my situation i made a thread labeled a personal conspiracy-a fathers love

if you do not wish to help me and view this as bad karma then i completely understand

if not then can you give me that spell to make lost things reapear? or is that the same spell that can get me my inheritance?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

i realize the inheritance thing is a materialistic gain and probably bad karma
so thats probably a bad idea right? if so i dont want to do that

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Well, give me some time to check out the thread you mentioned. I've seen it in the forum board overviews. I'll look and see if there's anything I can think of that might be a possible magical action (while trying to stick to your budget of no blood, no candles, and no oils, ha ha).

The "karmic" value really only comes into play if the things inherited are rightfully yours or not. Assuming that you've been cheated from a bequeath by a will, then I don't see a "material gain" being something negative, since someone else is getting away with what is rightfully yours.

Again though, I've never tried getting involved in matters of the law. I don't know if trying magic on them would be any more effective than a lawyer, ha ha.

Give me a few days to read your other thread. I'll keep in touch via U2U about anything I might be able to pass your way to try.

I do my best to keep a level head in matters of faith and spirituality. I've never cared for the rebellious types who proclaim they are gifted by angels and demons and gods, so that they can now levitate and command peoples minds.

I've always tried to stay on the line between science and faith. Which is why I'm a Buddhist. A lot of Buddhism's exercises have health benefits and produce scientific results.

When it comes to magick, I'm like some of the earlier posters on this board. I believe it's all science, and that one day we'll understand how it works. Maybe the same day we finally understand dark matter, how Ebola works, and just what the heck the Dancing Plague of 1518 was.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

well there wasnt any will but i am his next of kin so by law it should be mine but as you will find out if you read that theres something amiss

any help will be extremely appreciated

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join