It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Having Extremely Unusual Dreams?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

I handt watched total recall in ages. I had th dream after i had some cheese.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

OMG i had the exact same dream!
Only that I was a bodyguard of bush and was going to assassinate him together with some other guards and some other guys that were not his bodyguards.

This is crazy stuff right here

Besides that i have been having awesome vivid dream lately.

Edited to hange obama to busgh as i recalled after reading my post again.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Impetus]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamageMoose
totally

i think the our brains are so tied into earth's magnetic field (like birds, etc.) that when we're sleeping it's like catnip for our dreams

or it could be the weed

either/or
Well i guess that would do it.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by anonymousproxy

Actually, a bad stomach can give you vivid dreams. So can wearing socks to bed. Dirty socks, that is.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by dgtempe]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Actually, a bad stomach can give you vivid dreams. So can wearing socks to bed. Dirty socks, that is.

o right.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

You messed up with the bracket. Must be the dirty socks.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
YES! I have always remembered my dreams really well. But lately (the past 1-2 weeks) they have been strangely REAL. Like I wake up and go about my morning trying to figure out if that's a REAL memory or a dream? It's not my usual dreams at all.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
So vivid that they are more real than when you wake up and are on this side??

Almost halucinating dreams.

I definitely fall into that category dude. I can't say that it's paranormal or something, but maybe there is some otherworldly aspect to it?
?

But I have perceived an increase in vivid and lingering dreams over the past few months.

I tend to be a cautious skeptic, but I'm not a so-called "unbeliever" either. If something is aberrant I think it could be an exponentially increasing awareness of our collective conscious beginning to merge in wholly new ways...or perhaps humanities collective evolution in our perception of time, which I think would effect our dreams.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Threadfall]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I hear ya, what sucks about it is that I cant lucid dream as easy anymore. I have so much trouble telling whats a dream and whats not. Im always doing dream checks whenever something odd happens cuz you just cant be to sure these days when the pain, aromas, sights, sounds, pleasures and physics of dreams are so realistic.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yes it is very strange that you started this thread. I have always had a habit of having some pretty vivid dreams but certainly not every single night. For the past seven months or so pretty much since the last UFO encounter which was witnessed by my wife, my dog and two ambulance crewmen, dream depth and the level of detail have gone right off the charts.

Even more odd is that the dreams I have enjoyed tend to dissipate from memory much faster than the weak dreams of the past to the point that I now sleep with a notepad next to my bed because memory fades swiftly now upon waking and I do not know why that is.

For example last night I dreamed I met an extraterrestrial with white hair, intense blue eyes and who seemed to glow a diffuse white light. He told me without talking as he took my hand and led me though an open portal to some other realm that the time was close and everything was to change but not in ways that should cause fear but in ways that should be celebrated because this is not the age of technology it is the age of unsustainability (sic?).

There was a whole lot more to this dream and I cannot remember what happened after we stepped through the open portal that I assume led on to some other realm but I do know that the dream was so vivid that I could feel the ground under my feet and the movement of air in the wind tugging at me so yes, the details were quite unnerving.

Earlier in the dream I was walking near a dock at night, looking down at moored boats and pleasure vessels. Some were wrecked and listing, others were bobbing and moving with the waves of “confused water” and I stepped onto one boat with an intent to step onto another because out in the marina was a boat that looked good enough to take. My intent was to acquire it and looking into the water the details of the dream became even more interesting and apparent as deep in the water were shapes moving about, looking like sting rays of flounders, their bodies large enough to make me worry about the power of their biting ends.

This concern put me off from heading further out from vessel to vessel and I turned around and climbed back onto the dock. I walked around it to a party of people that was filled with people who were just interested in getting blind drunk and having carnal relations with each other. Some invited me in to have some fun but I was not interested (not a teenage dreamer anymore lol) and was even derisive of their urgings as I was very preoccupied with finding a boat capable of a sea going voyage.

It was shortly after that scenario that I came across the open portal and the extraterrestrial but the transition from the first scene to the portal scene is lost to memory.

All that said I agree that dreams are crazy at the moment and I must say that the only drug I take is caffeine, I very rarely drink alcohol and I do not smoke cigarettes but I love to meditate often and love nothing more than to enjoy the high pitched keening between my ears.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I have had them on and off all my life, yes.
I even dreamed that me and a friend were captured while trying to escape an army in some sandy desert country, we had two roads to chose from. we went left and got captured. A few weeks later I dreamed I was back there and I knew I had been before and I knew what happened. I even said to my friend in the dream `lets go this way as we went that way last time and got caught` and we did and escaped! Having control of what you do in your dreams has got to be a gift, although it does not happen all the time.
Another time I dreamed I was talking to a few people I know, and it took a while for me to realise that these people were all actually dead. Then I realised that I was too but I didnt understand how this happened, nor could anyone else see me. But somehow I ended up standing outside my daughters school at the gate, then a little girl came up to me and said`your L***a`s mum arent you?` and I just cried as I couldnt believe she could see me. I asked her to get my daughter but when she came she was calling me but didnt see me, and I was screaming at her but she was just blank, then she ran off and all I could do was cry. I actually was crying when I woke up. It was so real - weird!"

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I'm glad someone raised this thread. My partner and I were talking about how both of us had experienced exceptionally detailed dreams over this past fortnight (although not every night). Let's just consider that I rarely remember if I've dreamed or not during the night, regardless of what foods or drink I've consumed.

Interestingly, both our experiences have been unpleasant and so I'm very reluctant to consider them as lucid, or vivid per se. Mine, especially, have been particularly violent, have involved intricacies that are inexplicable, and have been in non-earthly environments. Yes, they're only dreams, but my ability in the dream is noticeably different, and as some have mentioned earlier; sounds, smells, tastes, physical sense of pain, or struggle, the clarity of it all is quite excellent. Something I, or my partner have not experienced in our lifetime.

I recall one especially where I was actually involved in a physical struggle or fight with what seemed like two mercenary soliders, but I killed them both with my bare hands! It was the detail and gruesome reality that my struggle wasn't a 'clean fight' it wasn't co-ordinated, had no real tactic to it, it was just brutal and disturbing, very gorey too, I can even remember feeling the warmth of their blood on my face and hands. Truly awful experience.

Wish I could offer something more pleasant, but I'm afraid they've not come to me that way. Though, I will say there have been moments of good feeling.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by BAZ752]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Hi, i have had vivid dreams on and off as far back as my teens. Some of them feel so real that when i wake i find it hard to get it out of my head! I do keep having alot of dreams to do with alians, natural disasters, planets and bright lights!!! (not all at once it can be a combination of things listed) But when i do get these dreams i convince myself that its just my mind playing on the things that are going on i.e earthquakes/volcanos in the real world but enharnced 10 times more in my dreams.

My dreams have become very strange over the past 10yrs as before i would never have sound in my dreams. But now i do and i hear everything, its so real it frightens me some times

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Well, i guess the next question would be "why"?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

The metaphysical answer could be that the plane on which one experiences dreaming is becoming stronger as we converge to the nexus point. Youve heard all the talk about going to 4D in 2012 etc. splashed all round the web, essentially the dimension one experiences astral travel and sometimes dreams is becoming stronger as the energy changes take place. The dimensional switch is preceded by a strengthening of fourth density to which the earth is heading (4D living is much like a dream) as well as just "the end" phenomena we experience as the end of third density, such as the Apocalypse(words means revealing or "lifting of the veil") of hidden truths. Eventually dream like living will become your daily reality.

Even if one thinks dreaming is purely a neuronal construct contained in the mind (regardless of shard dreaming evidence etc.) and the spirit doesnt even exist, one could possibly see that the earth and solar system changes, if happening at all, are occuring in us as well due to the change in the nature of reality and space time, oblivious to any physical measurment tools which change themselves, such as time speeding up - the clocks speed up too. In this case the humans undergoe changes as a part of the hyperdimensional changes we're immersed in, or energy changes. Still rather metaphysical, but im sure there are plenty of scapegoats in the reductionist materialistic paradigm one can pin it on so as to alleiviate discomfort and not violate free will or cause confusion.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I'm loving this thread.
I am about to go to sleep. well take a nap at least. I will update you all if I have any interesting dreams.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
reply to post by dgtempe

The metaphysical answer could be that the plane on which one experiences dreaming is becoming stronger as we converge to the nexus point. Youve heard all the talk about going to 4D in 2012 etc. splashed all round the web, essentially the dimension one experiences astral travel and sometimes dreams is becoming stronger as the energy changes take place. The dimensional switch is preceded by a strengthening of fourth density to which the earth is heading (4D living is much like a dream) as well as just "the end" phenomena we experience as the end of third density, such as the Apocalypse(words means revealing or "lifting of the veil") of hidden truths. Eventually dream like living will become your daily reality.

Even if one thinks dreaming is purely a neuronal construct contained in the mind (regardless of shard dreaming evidence etc.) and the spirit doesnt even exist, one could possibly see that the earth and solar system changes, if happening at all, are occuring in us as well due to the change in the nature of reality and space time, oblivious to any physical measurment tools which change themselves, such as time speeding up - the clocks speed up too. In this case the humans undergoe changes as a part of the hyperdimensional changes we're immersed in, or energy changes. Still rather metaphysical, but im sure there are plenty of scapegoats in the reductionist materialistic paradigm one can pin it on so as to alleiviate discomfort and not violate free will or cause confusion.

I dont understand a word you just said...something about 2012, nexus point and 4d?
There`s a lot to be said about 2012. some believe the aliens are coming, some believe alignment of planets is going to mess us up, I am open minded about 2012, but one day I believe it will be the coming of christ the lord!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ImLisaFromEarth

In a nutshell I think the penomena we're all experienceing will get worse in the coming years. It may have its ups and downs but overall dreams will continue to be more vivid and strange. These threads may be more common next year.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I've always had a lot of dreams and yes they have been more vivid lately and there are a lot more people that I know in them (both living and dead). As to the why, I was thinking it was because I have read about dreaming on this site and hence thought about dreaming more in the last several years than I have the rest of my entire life. -I think I subconsciously do it to experiment in them and for fun. I also wish I knew where the off switch was sometimes

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just the other night,
I dreamt I was in bed and then began to feel that I was dreaming, (in my dream) and I then saw the ceiling through my eye lids getting closer, and then I turned to see myself lying on the bed, and I heard my grandmother tell me that "this isnt right" "you shouldnt be afraid though", (she's been dead since 1992) it was her voice,
then I was above the house looking down at the roof and around the house flying in quick fluid motions were these slightly glowing bluish people, but they couldnt get into the house like they wanted to, and I could see myself lying in the bed through the roof,
Then I was in the bed, as myself, and I opened my eyes but couldnt see, but I could still "see" the bluish people flying around outside,
then I woke up, in reality, and as I opened my eyes for real I swore at that moment I saw a small image of a woman dissapate, and I had the really strong feeling all day long that my grand mother was around.
Doesnt make sense, there's no reason for it, nothings happened .
One of the strangest dreams I've ever had, very real very engaging, still bothers me, and nothing usually does.
I rambled, sorry.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join