It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Lights seen over Los Angeles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Earthquake Lights seen over Los Angeles

geology.about.com

Earthquake lights
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I was driving around 11pm on April 18th around the greater Los Angeles area, Huntington Park to be exact. When I look over toward the my left (Northeast) and suddenly I see a flash, it's color was greenish with violet, it looked, to me, like a lightning flash, but I heard no thunder, so I disregarded it. Then a minute or so later, I see another flash, now I'm convinced something is not right. A few minutes pass and I see a third one, I'm starting to wonder what the hell is going on. Did anyone else see them? So, I came to the conclusion that these were in fact, earthquake lights. What with all the seismic activity going on recently, maybe there's an impending earthquake. So, watch out Los Angeles, there might be an earthquake very soon.

geology.about.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by John211

I hope not. I have some very close friends over there.

Let's hope it was nothing.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I was going to say it could be an electrical transformer blowing up. I saw one once and it lit up half the sky blue like day. Since you saw a few of them it's probably not that though.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I didn't see any lights but I'll take your word for it. I'm convinced we're gonna get hit with the big one soon so it's only a matter of time. I only hope I'm not on the freeway, or anywhere in my car period when it hits. I already have a plan of action. Run outside and dodge the falling trees and light poles.
So if it hits and I'm nowhere to be found, let my girlfriend know that I'm probably outside under a tree.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It would be really nice if we could look at this from a scientific standpoint and learn from it instead of painting it in a superstitious light.

What if this is the precursor to the "big one" and we all just ignore certain natural signals that are given off like these lights.

We have learned so much in the last 100 years about the "real" way our planet works. We should be using this knowledge to better understand that tectonic events on this planet are not "wraths of god" but normal events that have happened for millions of years and we should be smart enough by now to learn from the events.

Nah.......let me click Fox news back on......lol

peas

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
We are having some kind of meteor showers, arent we?

second line

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Oh (_+&% looks like we're gonna be cooked since I lived in LA

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I believe the last big cme was supposed to be hitting us right around that time. One of the main affects we are supposed to see from them at this point is a northern lights type affect from what I have read. I have also read that the rare earthquake lights only happen during the quake itself. Now I am no expert but it would seem more likely that you saw the affect from the cme but who knows.

Northern lights can appear in many different shapes and colors. I saw one about 15 years ago in northern ca. that turned the whole sky a deep maroon that sort of undulated. We thought it was the end of the world back when we initially saw this.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by 1Veritas]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
And here is a similar vent on China regarding flashes www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
these lights occur near dip slip faults.

I wonder which fault that would be.

Is the andrea line a stike slip?

Anyhow this is a sighn that we may have activity soon.

AND WOW..did you guys read this..I never knew this...caused from the electrical and plasma cloud...

Freund's mechanism for turning rock stress into distant light and electrical activity extends to earthquake phenomena. A cloud of p-holes, released at depth from seismic stress, can erupt from the ground as a solid-state plasma, causing effects that include earthquake lights, infrared emissions detected from space, radio noise, large-scale disturbances in the upper atmosphere, and even animal behavior and human premonitions.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
And here is a similar vent on China regarding flashes www.youtube.com...

Right, as the video suggests it was HAARP that caused that quick in China.
ATS has talked about that for some time now i think.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Oh God what I'm I supposed to do?I'm gonna die if the earthquake hit!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Freund's mechanism for turning rock stress into distant light and electrical activity extends to earthquake phenomena. A cloud of p-holes, released at depth from seismic stress, can erupt from the ground as a solid-state plasma, causing effects that include earthquake lights, infrared emissions detected from space, radio noise, large-scale disturbances in the upper atmosphere, and even animal behavior and human premonitions.

I think this is most interesting. Human premonitions? wha?
Did we read it ? Read it where?

Who is making this connection? I ask not out of doubt believe me.
I know I have experiencsd this phenomena my self. A number of times.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
1. Geomagnetic activity on Earth's magnotosphere.

Activity noted on the 18th and 19th. Solar protons had penetrated through, and depending on the tectonic plate's stability, it either dissipates or will add to the stress compounding it for later action.

2. Quake monitors in California Region.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Minor tremours, except for 4.3 on the 19th. No signs of build up.

Take care and take precautions only, not fear.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It is in the OPS link near the end of the article.

SO...pulls on gray beard...the question is any premonitions or animal freaky stuff going on near Huntington beach area or LA area?

lol

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
10:22 we had a hard jolt, luckily only a 2.7, but it definitely feels much stronger when it's nearby.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Magnitude 2.7 - GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA
2010 April 20 05:22:55 UTC

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 05:22:55 UTC
Monday, April 19, 2010 at 10:22:55 PM at epicenter
Depth
6.7 km (4.2 miles)
Region
GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA
Distances
3 km (2 miles) NE (56°) from Costa Mesa, CA
7 km (4 miles) ESE (117°) from Fountain Valley, CA
7 km (4 miles) N (8°) from Newport Beach, CA
7 km (4 miles) S (185°) from Santa Ana, CA
53 km (33 miles) SE (141°) from Los Angeles Civic Center, CA

link   
Double Post

[edit on 20-4-2010 by conspiracy88]

link   
There was just an earthquake northeast of Costa Mesa. It was only a 2.2 though. Maybe those were the lights you saw?

Edit: Oops, beat to it.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by conspiracy88]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join