It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tower of Babel: What were the Gods Afraid of?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

In Genesis 11, the Lord comes down to see the city and the tower that the people have built. The Lord speaks to his cohorts "well, now they all have one language and this is what they do!"

(Was this really a singular verbal language, or could it be a metaphor that they were all of one mind? Wasn't it their intention to build this tower in order to reach God? Why did this God not want to be reached or known?)

What the Lord said next seems to be disturbing. In Genesis 11:6 the Lord says "if they succeed with this nothing they undertake to do will be impossible." In other words, with this type of unity the people could accomplish anything!

Why were these gods afraid of people being unifed and peaking into the heavens to try to know god?

Is this not the very thing we are doing now? We have babelfish to translate most any language. So not only do we have "one language" many of us are unified in one accord to seek answers. Towers power our communication network.

Why would the Lord not want a unified people that could accomplish great things? Why did this Lord and his cohorts feel so threatened that they destroyed the unity of the people?

seeing i love movies i just watch(original 1981) Clash Of The Titans

and this reminds me of something what i have in BOLD above quote !

here a Quote at the Ending of the Movie of what Zeus Said about what will happen when the People start Realizing ?

Zeus: Perseus has won. My son has triumphed.
Hera: A fortunate young man.
Zeus: Fortune is ally to the brave.
Thetis: What a dangerous precedent. What if there more heroes like him? What if courage and imagination became everyday mortal qualities? What will become of us?
Zeus: We would no longer be needed. But, for the moment, there is sufficient cowardice, sloth and mendacity down there on Earth to last forever.

Just as a Language barrier and Religious Barrier to Keep us Separate from the truth a sad case is Europe so closely netted together biggest Language Barrier Britain Spain France , Germany Italy then the Smaller ones
ass the Dominant is
China Manderin Spanish and English India Hindu

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I for one see a connection between the tower of babel and the lhc in the current form of history.

TOB=LHC

very good connection there... the modern structure as the springboard to become as knowledgeable as the creator.

one of the promary aims of the LHC is to produce/study/ perhaps even sequester the elusive & fabled 'G0D Particle' ?higgs boson?

just as the civilization around the scientists is collapsing via entropy, the god-particle project goes forward completely oblivious to the heathens raging outside the gates.
i doubt whether a Lord or creator God will intervene, as legend says happened at Babyl, probably a natural catastrophe will befall the LHC
and the story tellers will create another meme of menkind aspiring to be gods & being punished for their efforts.

thanks for the inspiration...

[i still contend that the TOB story was for the shephardic peoples,
to encourage them to never become cosmopolitan... as that way of life in cities is destined to always breed all forms of evil]

[edit on 21-4-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Throughout the bible there are prophecies that reveal future events. God looks into the future and is able to discern an outcome. When he looked upon the situation at the Tower of Babel he saw a future that troubled his divine plan. He saw man destroying himself with technology before the appointed time.

I mean humans would have figured out nuclear technology thousands of years ago if the language barrier wasn't introduced. Look at us now as we join our collective inventions world wide.

The destruction of the Library of Alexandria in Egypt pushed mankind's technological advancement back by at least 1000 years.

We are made in God's image which means we were designed to create and invent. He knows how far we can advance. He also limited our brain usage. I don't know when that "governor" was installed in the history of man.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by lostinspace]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
what? i thought the tower was built out of mans pride. Saying I will reach God and be higher than him.

what is the Op talking about?

God seperated their language because of their pride.

Now as for this ridiculous.

" God fears unity "

No. Man fears truth. Truth is unity

God said.

" love your enemies and your God "

this is the teaching of unity.

" love is the fullfillment of the gospel. "

Man rebels. Man is divided.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join