It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Will obama return $994,795 in goldman sachs campaign contributions?

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
All that is available is the list of top donors to Obamas campaign. No story but it is self explanatory. Now that the Obama administration is directing the SEC to go after Goldman Sachs will Obama return the ill gotten gains that were contributed to his campaign?

Source:
www.opensecrets.org...


[Edit to remove CAPS]

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]




posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well to answer your question, probably not. The Obama administration does not care about what their campaign contributors do, as long as he is still in office.



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
conversations.blackvoices.com... =3

Heres a little background. I chose the black oriented website because I felt the need to be inclusive.



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf
 


I'm guessing probably not. Look at the people he likes to associate with. Domestic terrorists, racists, and thieves to name a few. His sense of morality isn't exactly of the highest caliber.



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I dunno, you think John McCain will return his campaign contributions [from Goldman Sachs] too?

Hrm... Perhaps you guys should have voted for Nader. Know why? Cause he didn't get any campaign contributions from Goldman Sachs


[edit on 19-4-2010 by Kaytagg]



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Obama, Barack D $994,795
Clinton, Hillary D NY $411,150
Romney, Mitt R $234,275
McCain, John R $230,095
Himes, Jim D CT $155,098
Dodd, Chris D CT $112,500
Giuliani, Rudolph W R $109,450

www.opensecrets.org...


Edit:
Nader, Ralph I $-10


Ralph Nader is such a threat to the institutions that have been screwing you people over for decades that Goldman Sachs donated -10$ (not sure how you go about doing that; this must be some technical error. but it does reinforce the importance of voting for nader.. The PTB actually fight against this guy, while supporting BOTH democrats AND republicans. What does that tell you? It tells me to vote Nader 2012)

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Kaytagg]



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg
 


www.opensecrets.org...

Well considering they only donated 230,095 to McCain which is 4.3 times less than the amount the donated to Obama, there would be considerable less pain for McCain.

And yes, he should give it back too.



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Obama, Barack D $994,795
Clinton, Hillary D NY $411,150
Romney, Mitt R $234,275
McCain, John R $230,095
Himes, Jim D CT $155,098
Dodd, Chris D CT $112,500
Giuliani, Rudolph W R $109,450

www.opensecrets.org...


You forget though. Obama is our beloved leader. He should have first opportunity to set the example.



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
little history lesson here fellas> goldman with the help of levinsworth got the 1929 stock market crash assumed and on its way! so guess what goldman that that everyone owned him something! would love to see this corporate harrasy go down as not only the american tax payers payed for it, but payed for half of europe!



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
little history lesson here fellas> goldman with the help of levinsworth got the 1929 stock market crash assumed and on its way! so guess what goldman that thought everyone owned him something! would love to see this corporate harrasy go down as not only the american tax payers payed for it, but payed for half of europe!



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It says in bold red letters in this article that "The organizations themselves did not donate , rather the money came from the organization's PAC, its individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families." Weird.



posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by captainbitter
 


Soo...if you say you're wife works for Goldman Sachs that's considered campaign contribution from Goldman Sachs? Weird indeed.

Why should he give the money back? Major corporation gives him a bunch of money then he screws over the major corporation to help the public? I'm not crying here. Well done...now if he could only tap into big oil and then promote wind energy and electric cars for his second term that would be great.



posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf
All that is available is the list of top donors to Obamas campaign. No story but it is self explanatory. Now that the Obama administration is directing the SEC to go after Goldman Sachs will Obama return the ill gotten gains that were contributed to his campaign?

Source:
www.opensecrets.org...


[Edit to remove CAPS]

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]


No, they will have ANOTHER SHELL COMPANY or whatever to move this crap to, the little people think justice is taking place. THOSE IN CHARGE WILL WALK, take other jobs (see the BONUSES they are getting now, lmfao), then the NAME "Goldman-Sachs" will go down, but it is like condemning the holocaust only to do 1,000 times worse, in present day. That is like a rapist saying, "I was raped, so it allows me to rape others, don't doubt or question me, I was raped, you should worship me...we killed your Jesus and we'll kill you too." Just a "For example", the enlightened people see the analogy. This is for SHOW only, nobody is getting punished. Obama is an actor. Bush said, "I am going to screw you over" then did it. Obama talks a great game, but in reality, he hates everyone, except the elite, and it shows. ANY campaign promises been FULFILLED? It is called "Window dressing" or "Lipstick on a pig." What a joke.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by AdmiralX]



posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by links234
 


Hopefully he won't employ similar tactics with his Nobel prize money, and buy a F-16.


Either way I'm sure he has no money to give back, according to this he had spent his campaign funding on his campaign.
www.opensecrets.org...



posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by captainbitter
 


Soo...if you say you're wife works for Goldman Sachs that's considered campaign contribution from Goldman Sachs? Weird indeed.

Why should he give the money back? Major corporation gives him a bunch of money then he screws over the major corporation to help the public? I'm not crying here. Well done...now if he could only tap into big oil and then promote wind energy and electric cars for his second term that would be great.


Oh I think thats coming

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We'll be seeing 7 dollar a gallon gas soon. Havent they been promising jetpacks for years now too? I want my jetpack big oil!



posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Didn't even read the thread.

So my response to the OP is solely based on the thread title.

Is anyone else returning their campaign contributions?

Why return good money to thieves thus giving them more?

What does Goldman recent trouble with the government have to do with campaign contributions?



posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
Didn't even read the thread.

So my response to the OP is solely based on the thread title.

Is anyone else returning their campaign contributions?

Why return good money to thieves thus giving them more?

What does Goldman recent trouble with the government have to do with campaign contributions?


If they're honorable they do.

I don't like Hilliary Clinton and don't have the time to do the research for you but if memory serves she returned ill gotten campaign funds during the campaign. Good for her.

There are others.




top topics



 
4

log in

join