It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reality of things...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Waking up after a sleep that felt like it lasted for eternity. The moon shines brightly in the sky. The stars, like shining eyes, look at me from the distance. Feeling watched, I sit beside the window and look outside at the world casually continuing its path.

The world looks like a movie now, everything flowing like a dream, like an intangible entity. As I watch the people walking by my building, I realize that they are faceless, every single one looking like the last. How to snap out of it? How do I change the way I see this world?

I decide to take a walk through the streets in the middle of the night. Every light post I pass dies out, and so does a little part of me inside. Every step I take, I feel weaker and weaker. The muscles in my body feel more and more strain. Like a lost person in the desert, I turn to find water, only there is no water that can quench the thirst I have.

I turn the corner, and find hopelessness staring at me in the face. His name is Dave. His hands are as dark as oil, his toes stick out from his "shoes", his jacket is made of scraps of blankets, and his face, oh his face, it shines; eyes bluer that the sky, the sea, and anything ever on this planet.

Dave looks at me and says : "Good evening sir!". Stunned I answer "Good evening" back to him wondering what he would want from me. "It's a fine day to wake up to! The moon is shining, the stars are bright, and the air is crisp with freshness!". Not knowing how to answer I nod my head and walk on in my melancholic state.

I feel someone following me in the distance, almost as if an eerie presence was making it
known that it was there on purpose. I turn around but all I see are the shadows of the empty night. I keep walking in my daydream state and still I feel the presence.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Dave appears. "What's on your mind sir?". "Well, I don't think I want to share this with you. Thanks for the offer", I reply. "Nonsense", he says, "I have nobody to talk to, nothing to call my own, and no place to go. Who best to talk to than someone you know doesn't have anyone to share your secrets with?". I reluctantly sit down next to this man I never saw in my life, but who I probably walked by a million times, not even noticing him.

I sat down and started talking, and soon enough I felt like my world was crashing down on me. I just started to lose it, crying for every imaginable reason. Pain came flushing from my veins and coming out through my tears, sobs, and words. Pain I did not, do not, and will never understand. Dave gets up, smiles and says “Go now, you are free”. I look up at his dirty figure in confusion but his confident smile makes me comply. I walk away and go home.

I don’t remember falling asleep. I don’t even remember how I got home. I wake up feeling like I slept for an eternity…

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
You aren't the only one feeling kinda weird.

Some strangeeee stuff be happening.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Well I started writing this last night and just let it keep going its course without really putting any thought into it. I just suddenly quite literally "woke up" from a trance like state and when I read it I thought that maybe I should share...

Weird indeed...

Magnum

new topics

join