It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cost of being free....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I look around and i see alot. The girl on the street listening to Nickelback on her Ipod force fed pop music by the industry, the herds of people at McDonalds stuffing themselves with chemicals, preservatives and ungodly amounts of fat that passes for "food" these days, while washing it all down with a cup of high fructose corn syrup and aspertame.

I see the masses praising our nobel peace prize winning president while he continues these invasions of sovereign countries perpetuating endless war. I see the american people think the government is acting in our best interest all the while robbing us blind and hoarding this great wealth to themselves.

I see the MSM telling the population what to do, who to like and what to buy while feeding us this garbage as "news", while websites like ATS are branded as Nut Houses.

I see the reaction and disgust of suburbanites the moment the official 9/11 story is questioned.

A closed mind is a happy mind.

An open mind bears the truth of the world.

I will continue to do my best to spread this truth, even as i watch everyone live their "life" although they are never truly in control. But i am beat and tired, knowing how this world is truly run weighs heavily on myself, while most people dont even bother to listen because its out of their comfort zone.

I can no longer find peace in this world,

This is my cost of being free....

[edit on 19-4-2010 by imeddieone4202003]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well written. I'm right there with ya brother.

(or sister)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by doped00

Thanks, I understand more and more people are waking up, but to be honest the percentage is so small its frustrating. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if i never stumbled onto ATS...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by imeddieone4202003

I often think the same thing. If ATS had never let me express how I really feel, and help lead me to the truth of everything, I would be a zombie. Thank you ATS, and all of you who search for the truth and DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
so if a person who like McDonalds...

enjoys Nickleback..--shudder--

and eats up "normal" news

and is not a 911 "truther"

calling these people "sheep" is the same as them calling you a "nut-job"

just saying accusing them of having a closed mind is...hmmm rather close-

minded.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by wrathchild]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I completely agree, sometimes its scary to think about the masses, mostly the people that we know and love that refuse to just look outside the box for half a second, to see that everything isnt as it seems.

I have lost many people in my life due to the fact that I cannot, I will not, take another minute of my life after waking up, to discuss american idol, or who won a grammy, life is everywhere, and though they seem to skim by, those of us that want whats best in life, not just for ourselves, but everyone, have to endure the weight of the world.

I used to think I was alone in all this, and I know that this is not true, because I have some gleam of hope when I come to a place like this and realize that caring about humanity as a whole, even with our sometimes disagreements on this site, that we want whats best.

So thank you for sharing, and everyone take care, we are not alone (no pun intended)... maybe

Peace to you....

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild

calling these people "sheep" is the same as them calling you a "nut-job"

My post doesnt even contain the word "sheep" Please quote me calling anyone "sheep" if i am wrong. I never made that comment in my entire post, so please dont accuse it.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
you infered "sheep" was easier to paraphrase.

thats the jest of what you we saying.

my point was you being "closed minded" about people who are "closed minded"

my bad..should have used a better reference...but a gotta take a bad McDonalds dump and Lady Gaga is cranked up really loud...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Even if he did call them "sheep", I'd have to say it was nothing more than a keen observation, from an outsider's point of view.

And more and more, people like us DO, in fact, feel like outsiders.

We bare the brunt of not only our own fear, but everyone else's as well.

I've had a childish wish for about 20 years now...I wish I was ten again. Not because I want to know what I know now and go back to being younger, but because I don't want to know what I know now any longer.

However, as of late, I believe we've all been afforded an extreme ray of hope in the fact that there is at least a degree of magnitude of an explosion of awareness happening now.

True it seems small, but I also notice the expansion of awareness happens exponentially by default with every single mind we free. This is cause for hope, IMHO.

The truth is, I am now happy to be near 40, in shape, with knowledge that negates any attempt to hinder or manipulate the truth. I (we) am fortunate in the fact that I was made immune to any amount of closed-mindedness and trolling when it comes to anything that truly matters and impacts us all.

I am, however, quite ignorant when it comes to things that always seem to be the main topic on game show questionnaires or quizzes on what the yellow media deems is important. I can live with that.

It is only within the truth that solutions to real problems are found. And, like the answer in an algebraic equation, it can be tested by simply inserting it into the original equation.

The more this kind of loneliness spreads, the less lonely we'll be. Indeed, you are not alone. And I'd say that every day this becomes more and more true. Just hold on a little while longer, as I believe we are on the cusp of a VERY exciting time.

S&F

[edit on 20-4-2010 by lagnar]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Aware of what???

people like awful music like Nickleback

people like awful fast food like McDonalds.

people like CNN,Fox etc.

people like this garbage...thats why it is fed to the masses

Why you ask?? money.

Thats the reason...not some grand plan to control..people are controlling.

Supply and demand.

Do you think American Idol would be on TV if nobody watched it???

Do they tell us what we like.. we tell them.

Thats why guys like Alex Jones are not making "Larry King" money. because Jones does not have earning power.

you gotta face the the fact that the alternative news and beliefs that most people who hang out at ATS like are not that popular...right or wrong cannot generate the the revenue that a Larry King or a Hannity can.

They give us what we want...a crappy 3 dollar burger that makes you run to the toilet.. or a 80 yrs old, dopey host like larry king..that makes you run to the toilet... thats what we want...we created the monster.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by imeddieone4202003

I've been there. Take some time to pursue self-sustainability areas of freedom. Slavery is the state of being addicted or subject to a specified source. You'll find short turnover prosperity in your efforts, and will better be able to lead others by example. A garden is an obvious example, as are many other things to be found over in the Survival forum.

people like this garbage...thats why it is fed to the masses

Do you think American Idol would be on TV if nobody watched it???

Ok, now we're talking about a society that has been engineered deliberately and incrementally for generations. You cant expect to undue 'established traditions' overnight. It has to be undone in increments, like peeling layers off of an onion. The outer skin layers of the onion are tougher and harder to remove.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Hey how did you get in my head?

Know exactly how you feel my friend. I have been unmotivated or even a little depressed lately because of it. The frustration of not really being able to do anything about it wears on you.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
They say the best revenge is living well.

Enjoy a nice Natural Cane Sugar Soda with Natural Cola Nut Extract, made with sparkling spring water.

With a nice free range fed, totally organic, 100 % sirloin burger, charbroiled on an oak fire, on a seven grain bun!

Then crank up the Led Zeppelin.

So they didn’t catch you coming, they caught you going. Life is short, be happy!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

people have always been this way...thousands of years.
being comforted by religion etc..

the leaders have always given us what we wanted

the advertisers have given us what we wanted.

this is humanity....cant change it.

I agree...the crap we injest... the Idols we worship are just plain awful.
But these people you talk of who a enslaved are our parents, friends and loved ones. 95% of the western world cant all be idiots.

They just like the stuff we find stupid, childish and lothsome...however..

unfair to say they are closed-minded when we put them in a catagory.

maybe they are right...they are comforted and happy..yet we are the ones who are stressed and worried..hell..I might join the darkside.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

maybe they are right...they are comforted and happy..yet we are the ones who are stressed and worried..

Knowing seems to come with a responsibility and yet, maybe that responsibility is not waking others....maybe it's something else we are supposed to do.

I know how you all feel...knowing is a burden as well. And when it comes to "waking" others to the truth, I think back to how traumatic it was to find out soooo much in such a short time....and then to come to terms with it. Would I really want to disturb the happiness and bliss of others by putting them through the distress I encountered? No. I prefer to see them innocently enjoying what they find as happiness in life. Maybe it wasn't meant for them to know.

I think this is a soul stir that is not meant for everyone to experience at this depth.

Some people approach the view of life on a global scale, others can only deal with what is in their immediate surroundings.

Why should we shatter their world and their happiness? Why should we cause any pain to others? Let them sleep. We will keep watch.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
www.primitivism.com...

The importance of this self-respect as a prime motivator of human nature can hardly be overstated; it may enable an individual to defy civilization, even in the face of the hatred of the whole modern world. When an individual acquires fundamental self-respect, then s/he will be made a fool no longer, and all the blows of civilization are nothing but the battle scars of a proud warrior. Civilization is powerless against it, because a person who has re-claimed fundamental self-respect cares nothing about the laws and standards of civilization.

This self-respect leads to genuine self-love, the second and decisive step on the path to sanity, for self-love (and happiness in large measure) consists in becoming one's own ideal again, as in childhood. This self-love eventually overflows and becomes love for others and for external nature.

www.continuum-concept.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I couldn't agree with you more.

As much as I can relate to the OP and agree with almost everything he/ she/ it is going through, life really is too short to let things get to you.

I think that we should all try to change the world and make others see the side of the world that we see, but at the same time rememeber that life really is too short. See the forest for the trees.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I think people have lost a sense of respect. A respect for their body (stuffing their faces with preservatives, fat, and artificial food). A respect for Nature (littering, raping of the earth's natural resources).

If you don't respect your body and yourself first, how do you expect to respect another person?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies and words of encouragement by some, the truth is out, we just need more people to open their eyes and ears. It wont be easy, but it can be done!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

maybe they are right...they are comforted and happy..yet we are the ones who are stressed and worried..

Knowing seems to come with a responsibility and yet, maybe that responsibility is not waking others....maybe it's something else we are supposed to do.

I know how you all feel...knowing is a burden as well. And when it comes to "waking" others to the truth, I think back to how traumatic it was to find out soooo much in such a short time....and then to come to terms with it. Would I really want to disturb the happiness and bliss of others by putting them through the distress I encountered? No. I prefer to see them innocently enjoying what they find as happiness in life. Maybe it wasn't meant for them to know.

I think this is a soul stir that is not meant for everyone to experience at this depth.

Some people approach the view of life on a global scale, others can only deal with what is in their immediate surroundings.

Why should we shatter their world and their happiness? Why should we cause any pain to others? Let them sleep. We will keep watch.

Wow, that is some truly deep insight. The open minds on this forum are truly amazing. Thank you ATS

[edit on 20-4-2010 by imeddieone4202003]

top topics

join