It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to test nuclear device underground near Tehran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I can only base this prediction on three links and a bit of logic.

1. Is Tehran coming to the end of its days as a capital city?

Plans to move the capital elsewhere.

2. Five million should flee Tehran over earthquake fears: Ahmadinejad

Telling Iranian's to leave Tehran in large numbers..... (I doubt out of innocent sincerity because of the natural faultline).

3. Extramarital sex fuels earthquakes, warns Iran cleric

A sign that he expects an earthquake soon??? Of course he can't predict natural earthquakes.... so it's slip up by the cleric that gives us a clue of a coming nuke test.

Blaming the tremors caused by a nuclear test on an earthquake might be how the regime thinks they can test a nuke undetected.

Although on a fault line, a nuclear test might even set off an even bigger natural earthquake, that would probably cause a huge humanitarian disaster even bigger than the "testing" tremor caused and any radioactive fallout (if any at all from an underground test).... and so cover up the test because the media focusses attention on earthquakes.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
hey i've been noticing that too. I wasn't thinking a nuke test until you mentioned that, but I was linking this up wondering why they are wanting people to leave.
it may be worth taking note

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
That would be hilarious. Perhaps Syfy will do one of their interminable formula Saturday night movies about it. It couldn't be worse than the one about the giant Piranhas.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Maybe they will test a nuke and trigger a major earthquake that levels Tehran.

To me that would be there just reward and very funny.

As for hiding a nuke shock wave by calling it a earthquake good luck they do not look the same and no one would be fooled.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboxoftrix
hey i've been noticing that too. I wasn't thinking a nuke test until you mentioned that, but I was linking this up wondering why they are wanting people to leave.
it may be worth taking note

They are probably being told to leave because your Angel-country Israel is probably planning to bomb the bajesus out of their capital city. Ever thought about that?

Maybe you should switch your prayers to Iranians.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PsyOpCyclops

They are probably being told to leave because .... Israel is probably planning to bomb the bajesus out of their capital city.

It doesn't strike me as though the Iranian govt. would make this much effort without having an ulterior motive.

People like Ahmadinejad & Khamenei are only going to care about themselves in the event of an Israeli airstrike, and not the innocents dying. The deaths of innocents could even be a bonus for them to win over the whole populace.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by john124]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Maybe they will test a nuke and trigger a major earthquake that levels Tehran.

To me that would be there just reward and very funny.

As long as the revolutionary guards get their nukes, then the rest of the country is expendable from their point of view.

As for hiding a nuke shock wave by calling it a earthquake good luck they do not look the same and no one would be fooled.

What they think will fool the world is not neccesarily what could or would fool us.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by john124]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

That is probably the silliest thing I've heard all day.
Do you think Persian people are stupid? Why in gods name would anyone test a nuke just outside they're own captiol city?
More importantly, on the whole matter, why would Iran or any other Rouge Nation have to go through all the song, dance and rigamorole of building clandestine enrichment sites, when supposedly, there are lots on scary nukes on the black market anyway?
Keep reaching for that Rainbow!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by firsttimecaller

Isn't ATS the place for wild ideas. I'm not placing a date on it like some silly doomsday threads that pop up every now and then without any sources.

Do you think Persian people are stupid?

Tell me where I said that.

I think the revolutionary guards - their puppets Ahmadinejad and most of the clerics aren't pragmatic or caring enough of their populace to rule this out.

The cleric blaming earthquakes on pre-marital sex is either stupid... errr... or stupid depending on if he actually believes what he says, or if he's inadvertently given the game away.

Why in gods name would anyone test a nuke just outside they're own captiol city?

I've given a few reasons already. It has to be near a faultline, so anywhere near the faultline would probably suffice including the capital. Since the regime has given strange signals and warnings about the capital I've suggested it could be there.

More importantly, on the whole matter, why would Iran or any other Rouge Nation have to go through all the song, dance and rigamorole of building clandestine enrichment sites, when supposedly, there are lots on scary nukes on the black market anyway?

Yes supposedly, but they may still test at least one that they buy to ensure they aren't duds, and that may even mean a test is closer.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Could they get any dumber, its certainly a possibility maybe they are.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
If it is true I am going to kind of worry about the “Mount Damavand”.

From wiki…

A potentially active volcano and the highest peak in Iran, has a special place in Persian mythology and folklore. Located in the middle Alborz Range, adjacent to Varārū, Sesang, Gol-e Zard and Mīānrūd, it is the highest point in the Middle East and the highest volcano in all of Asia. It is a potentially active volcano,[2] since there are fumaroles near the summit crater emitting sulfur, which were known to be active on July 6, 2007.[3]

The mountain is located near the southern coast of the Caspian Sea, in Āmol county, Māzandarān, 66 kilometres (41 miles) northeast of Tehran.

wiki

It could trigger something rather nasty imo..

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsyOpCyclops[/]
They are probably being told to leave because your Angel-country Israel is probably planning to bomb the bajesus out of their capital city. Ever thought about that?

Maybe you should switch your prayers to Iranians.

are u one of those Internet stalker types? Are u filled with hate or something? Maybe op is right i don't know, it is wired
though.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by firsttimecaller

The cleric blaming earthquakes on pre-marital sex is either stupid... errr... or stupid depending on if he actually believes what he says, or if he's inadvertently given the game away.

Actually, you have a point there, remember when Pat Robertson said that the earth quake in Haiti was caused by their pact with Satan? And now that you mention it, The U.S. nuked itself over and over again for years...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes

Here's the cleric's words:

"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes," Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi was quoted as saying by Iranian media. Sedighi is Tehran's acting Friday prayer leader.

Ahmadinejad's "prediction":

Ahmadinejad made his quake prediction two weeks ago but said he could not give an exact date. He acknowledged that he could not order all of Tehran's 12 million people to evacuate. "But provisions have to be made. ... At least 5 million should leave Tehran so it is less crowded," the president said.

Seismologists have warned for at least two decades that it is likely the sprawling capital will be struck by a catastrophic quake in the near future.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Sorry, but I'll have to line up with firsttimecaller on this one.

Tehran does sit on an earthquake prone fault line, and since the majority of buildings are of poor constructions, even a moderate earthquake of magnitude 6 on the richter scale could reduce the city to rubble. The city's got 8.5 million inhabitants.

Iran is one of the most seismically unstable regions in the world, and in 2003 the Bam earthquake killed more than 30 000 people and leveled the city.

With this in mind, Ahmadinejad's proposals to move inhabitants out of Tehran make sense. It would be a catastrophe to the nation, the Mullah dictatorship would be fragilized and could even loose control of the captial due to such an event.

An earthquake of magnitude 6 or more striking Tehran would force the dictatorship to ask for international help, which means that they would be at the mercy of a UN they continuously ridicule.

Also, where would that help come from? Would Iran accept help from US engineer corps stationed in Iraq, right next door? Hah, I would like see that.

With all this taken into account, holding nuclear test in an unstable region and close to the capital is more than a wild idea, it's a total no do.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by firsttimecaller
reply to post by john124

Do you think Persian people are stupid? Why in gods name would anyone test a nuke just outside they're own captiol city?
Keep reaching for that Rainbow!

Now that's a good head on your shoulders. These spurious articles threatening Iranian nuclear holocausts are the best joke material I've found in a while. Same kind of thing back in the early 80's.

Remeber back when Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz headed up "Team B" that tried to say that the Soviets had a super secret submarine tech device even though there was no evidence for it, and the evidence that was out there suggested that the Soviet Navy was already in an accelerated state of decay?

These incorrigible d-bags then went on to say "the absence of evidence isn't the evidence of absence." Then, paraphrasing, 'it is BECAUSE we can't see it is what means that it is even bigger and worse than we feared.'

We almost went to a nuclear war in 1983 with the Soviets partly becasue of the fear that Team B had whipped up within the up and coming neoconservative movement which was already present in the CIA with William Casey. This kind of unverified fear mongering is what leads us to war. Not specious claims of idiotic testing in a populated area.

Remember when North Korea did their underground tests? You know what the verification of that was? Hint: It wasn't the tremors. Give up? The IR heat bloom which was clearly visible on satellites monitoring the area, and it was internationally verifiable. Plus....the North Koreans did that waaaay off on their east coast away from populations. Populations give cover for spies. Spies see up and coming nuke tests and are able to relay the information back to their handlers. Do the tests away from people, then any people in the area are automatically suspect. Even those at a distance.

When Iran starts digging holes out in their mountains, or transporting larger trucks out their in funny patters....THEN I'll start looking more seriously at the "Iranian nuclear threat."

join