It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen pleads guilty to killing sex assault suspect (and walks free)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Teen pleads guilty to killing sex assault suspect (and walks free)

www.gazette.com

A 16-year-old Colorado Springs girl pleaded guilty today to manslaughter for shooting to death a man who was accused of sexually assaulting her.

Hazard, 43, died nine days before he was scheduled to stand trial. He had been accused of molesting the girl over a period of three years. When police arrested him and searched his home, investigators said they found several hundred sexually-explicit photographs and videos on his computer, including some of the girl.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
She got 2 years supervised probation for doing Justice. I know the arguements, we have all heard them before-except for one aspect: from the victims point of view.

None of us can even begin to imagine what happened to that child by the pervert (allegedly). Seems to me if the courts won't do their jobs and impose harsh sentences-including chemical castrastion, then the victim should seek revenge-if they see if. My 2 cents.

www.gazette.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/19/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'm glad she had the courage to do what most women would not. No "justice system" should stand in the way of true justice.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think this world would be such a better place if criminals were happy to go to jail out of fear of vigilante justice.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Don't know the circumstances but in a "Just Country", we would have a Grand Jury investigation that would clearly determine the situation. What drover to take matters into her own hands, I would guess has to do with the guy provoking the situation. Since the so-called Justice System is focused on profiteering they have little to know interest in truth and even less if the guy was connected. The key question is "Does she posse a threat to others". If not, personally, I don't see any justification for prosecution of her. "God will sort it out" when she leaves this world and humans don't need to play the part.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Good for her!

Don't want to get shot? Don't molest people.

If more sixteen year old girls defended themselves like she did, more perverts might think twice before deciding to 'act' on their urges.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
50 years ago the young lady who killed a person who had sexually assaulted her would have received a medal for serving justice. I'm glad to hear that she will not do any time for this, and I hope people see this from my point of view.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by drwizardphd
The key question is "Does she posse a threat to others". If not, personally, I don't see any justification for prosecution of her. "God will sort it out

well i forgive her , an eye for an eye, but in this case that girl will hav to go on thru life with that pain inside her, ,, an evil man has died, the girl and her family will forever be affected by his sadistic actions!!! he would have still had a life in prison , probably an easy 1 and an early release!!!! i hope she sleeps better at night!!!! God will sort him out

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
While I would like to say good for her (and I do think justice was served)..

She will have issues from taking someone's life later on down the road, on top of the trauma of being abused.

I feel deeply saddened for her.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

The only issues I see her having from killing that guy are the ones associated with knowing that no one else will be hurt by him ever again.

She wasn't the only victim.

This is the ONLY way to deal with perverts and peadophiles IMO

Peace

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Those who would take the justice system from others should abandon it for themselves. I hereby accuse all of you of sexual assault, and demand that you waive your rights to due process and immediately kill or castrate yourselves since you all seem to think due process is such a bad idea.

Had he stood trial and been found guilty, THE COURT should have locked him up and chemically neutered him.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Why is it manslaughter? Surely she intended for him to die, hence shooting him with a gun?

Anyway kudos to her. Sometimes the only way for a person to recover is to take things into their own hands.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
Those who would take the justice system from others should abandon it for themselves. I hereby accuse all of you of sexual assault, and demand that you waive your rights to due process and immediately kill or castrate yourselves since you all seem to think due process is such a bad idea.

Normally, I would agree with you.

However, I think in this case it wasn't as much the girl seeking some form of vigilante-style justice, as much as it was her simply defending herself.

If she had told a friend that the man molested her, and the friend took it into his own hands, then that would be vigilantism and, hence, disagreeable under the law.

However, she killed him in self defense. He was molesting her, and she retaliated. They conducted a murder investigation, discovered evidence of the abuse, and absolved her of the crime.

If you ask me, justice was served. And I am normally on your side of the fence in situations like this one.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
It's too bad the girl was forced to do this-by the perp. She apparently didn't think enough was done, or being done, to put a stop to this man. Maybe she has some twisted infomation about the guy she never told anyone about.

Like things he said to her about other victims, or potential victims etc. Or maybe she knew of plans he had pre-arranged and she felt only she could stop him. He can thank himself for messing the girls head up with the abuse to begin with.

He made her crazy. Sucks to be him. One thing for sure-he won't molest and harm children anymore. Mark one up for the good guys.

I wonder what the ending scene was like? I am sure it was intense. The exchange of words, the begging for his life, her words to him-that only he knew and carried to his grave. Did he die a slow dead-time to think about all of his errors and sins on this earth. Who knows-only her now.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
And I got to thinking-from the DA's side of things. What jury in the world would vote to concict this person, on anyone else? I think they would risk of extremely bad puplicity and therefore potential for voter backlash.

If this man would have went before the court and the way they are now-a-days, he may have walked free or with a slap on the wrist. You know I'm right as we hear stories of Perv's getting away with stuff all the time.

Matter of fact I recent posted another matter that kinda of goes along with this story-we'll say from the beginning stand point. I posted it in Below Top Secret in the Rant area as I didn't think it should go anywhere else. But to demostrate how these sickos work (you be the judge about the guy in the short video.

It is creepy: www.liveleak.com... and here is the post link if you wish to read more and see comments posted: www.belowtopsecret.com...

When does society step in. At the beginning when they see odd stuff or when the damage is done?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I wonder if the victim in this case saw the movie, "Hard Candy," starring Ellen Page of "Juno" fame.

Anyone who hasn't seen it, ought to.

Just deserts in this case.

My feelings about pehophiles has always been that they should be let into a room full of victims and thier families, rather than clog up jails, only to repeat again when they are released.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This is what you call INJUSTICE!!

They gave her 2 years supervised probation?? .. That's way excessive.. they should have given her a reward, key to the city, they should hold her as a hero!

And it's not "allegedly" .. they found pictures of both of them on his computer.. and I would think after 3 years constant abuse abuse, she'd have a pretty good idea who he was..

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

WoW .. lol .. that was an incredibly creepy video .. he even looked creepy. I'd say im surprised no one ever said anything, but it was the 70's .. (i think judging by the clothes) .. weird though.

new topics

top topics

join