It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if you were dropped in a vat of super glue?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Dropped in a vat of super glue but was able to climb out...

Death? Encrusted to the point of immobility? Permanent damage to external/internal organs?

Comments from a super glue experimentalist or chemist/biologist?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Totally R A N D O M

What brought this thought about?

I would have to go to Sam's Club and get a giant bottle of nail polish remover!!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

I think the best option would be for you to pour a vat of super glue
and jump in. Then you will find your answer. Do you think someone
actually has an answer for this? Maybe not, maybe so.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I read this before they deleted it.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

In my ER rotation I saw some wierd superglue stuff. I take it fishing to seal cuts on my hands. I saw a frat prank where they covered a guys feet with super glue. It contains cyanacrolayte which gave the guy some skin irratation. Nothing major.

I assume if you covered your entire body that your eyelids would be glued shut and you'd have superglue on the surface of the eye. It would fill your ear canals, your nostrils and your mouth. Deaf, blind and suffocating. It fills all of your pores meaning you can no longer sweat. You'd have massive skin irratation and probably absorb enough of the chemical(provided that suffocation didnt kill ya) that it would shut down your liver and kidneys.

100% coverage would kill you in short order. If you had folks with solvent nearby for your experiment then you have blindness, chemical burns all over your body and potential renal failure to look forward to.

Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
well done Dr.Jay.

not to mention every other opening on ones body.
jesus...
i cant imagine... lol

it is bad enough when my fingers get covered in it...

whole body? no way.

ill take the hot lava vat please. lol

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
you would be sticky

and un-happy.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

LOL!

Possibly the best response in the history of ATS right here.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009
Totally R A N D O M

What brought this thought about?

I would have to go to Sam's Club and get a giant bottle of nail polish remover!!

It was a random thought
but then it turned into logical and progressive thought. In which I wondered if anyone had tried it, or had happened to anyone. Then i wanted other opinions after i came to my own conclusions.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
ah my guess would be praying somebody would hose me down with oil paint remover.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Nothing will happen if one quickly comes out from such a vat. It all depends upon the duration. Even if one is dropped in such a vat it would also depend whether the glue has entered the body through mouth/ nose or has touched the retina.

If someone gets out quickly chances are not much will happen except a long time to clean up and perhaps a head shave.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Probably gain some sorta super powers! like the ability to spit superglue into peoples eyes and stick to things, unless it's a cheap brand that hardly works, those would be useless powers!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Let's just say I don't think you'd be wiping your bottom again.

Nothing in...nothing out.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
You have missing parameters. You did not specify the kind of super glue.

Super Thin
Thin
Gap Filling
Thick
Extra Thick

Each has different properties and set times and would have different properties on the body.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

If someone gets out quickly chances are not much will happen except a long time to clean up and perhaps a head shave.

Except for the fact that it bonds skin nearly instantly... Not to mention, any internal amounts (nose, ears, mouth, or eyes, not to mention other orifices)...

What a grisly way to go, but if you were completely immersed...I'd think you'd die a horrible death, or at the very least suffer some severe internal injuries and skin problems...depending on how fast you could get medical attention...

I'd imagine they could use tubes, etc. to ensure the patient was breathing, eating, drinking, waste disposal, etc. while they worked on the other problems, but it would be quite a horrible ordeal...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
What about logistics? What kind of holding area will you use? What kind of delivery system? If a averaged size human being falls from a certain distance could he penetrate the vat of glue? Or will it be poured onto the person who is pre-placed? What about cleanup?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Everyone missed the point of requiring water to complete the bonding of methyl 2-cyanoacrylate and ethyl-2-cyanoacrylate.

Humans are just bags of water.......

Sure, it will adhere to your lovely moist skin, but every mucous membrane will also be effected. Lips and mouth, nasal passage, eyes, vagina, anus, penis urethra, they all bond very well.

Ears have a bonus because of wax secretion, so you might be able to hear yourself scream due to those not being glued shut.

Moisture is the key, so DON'T JUMP INTO A VAT OF SUPERGLUE.:shk:

new topics

top topics

join