It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History is repeating itself

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Quite often in the course of human events we can witness a curious phenomenon. This phenemomenon is of course, the repetition of history. When people become ignorant of the events of the past and the things that caused them they are unable to realize when they are on a collision course with some of the more unpleasant parts of the past. In my next post I will attempt to dispel some of that ignorance with the hope that it might not be too late to protect ourselves from the horrors of the past.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I will show the parrallels between the US and Nazi Germany to show how history is repeating itself.

NG-1933
Reichstag burns down, Nazis blame it on communists, passed the Reichstag Fire Decree taking away many civil liberties.

US-2001
WTC is attacked, Bush admin. blames it on terrorists, uses it to pass the Patriot Act taking away many civil liberties.

NG
Claims that Jews are the enemy

US
Claims Muslims are the enemy

To be continued

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The last time I checked, Muslim's were living happily in countries like US & Britain. We aren't Nazi's you moron
.... we aren't going to gas all muslims in our countries.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by john124]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
NG
Commonly burned, banned, and censored books.

US
Commonly burns, bans, and censors books (even Anne Frank's diary is being banned voices.washingtonpost.com...)

NG
Used education system and MSM as tools to spread propaganda.

US
Uses education system and MSM as tools to spread propaganda.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
History will always repeat itself.
Go back to the Red Scare in the states back in the 50's. The enemy was the Commies and there was this huge drive to eradicate it. Many people were blamed who may or may not have been 'red'

Then go back even further to the Salem Witch trials. They didn't understand that the ladies were baking hallucinogenic mushrooms into their bread and every one thought they were possessed and witches. Then the mass hysteria came, fingers were pointed and an enemy was chased.

As long as there is a 'We have to protect ourselves from them they are going to get us' coupled with a riling up of the masses you will find repetition.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Propaganda is common everywhere you go, it's human nature to bend the truth to suit an agenda.

History repeats because we all have the same potential flaws as our ancestors. Maybe if Palin becomes President, we'll see a new form of Nazism.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by john124]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
History doesn't repeat itself, people repeat themselves....

2nd line

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

And last I checked Jews lived happy lives in Germany until WWII started. Although it hasn't reached the same level there is propaganda about Muslims in the US just like the anti-Jew propaganda in Germany.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushidomason
History doesn't repeat itself, people repeat themselves....

That is true. My goal here is to make sure people don't repeat themselves.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I've come to the conclusion that time loops. We live forever. The never ending story. We live, we die and repeat. Clean, rinse and cycle.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

And last I checked Jews lived happy lives in Germany until WWII started.

Well, I guess you haven't checked any history books then. In 1933, the Nazi party began taking action to limit what Jews in Germany could do. At that point, there were over 520,000 Jews in Germany. 60% of those Jews realized how the noose was tightening upon their necks, and left Germany, so that by 1939 prior to the actual start of WWII, only 214,000 Jews were left.

www.ushmm.org...

1933-1939 In January 1933, some 522,000 Jews by religious definition lived in Germany. Over half of these individuals, approximately 304,000 Jews, emigrated during the first six years of the Nazi dictatorship, leaving only approximately 214,000 Jews in Germany proper (1937 borders) on the eve of World War II. In the years between 1933 and 1939, the Nazi regime had brought radical and daunting social, economic, and communal change to the German Jewish community. Six years of Nazi-sponsored legislation had marginalized and disenfranchised Germany's Jewish citizenry and had expelled Jews from the professions and from commercial life. By early 1939, only about 16 percent of Jewish breadwinners had steady employment of any kind. Thousands of Jews remained interned in concentration camps following the mass arrests in the aftermath of Kristallnacht (Night of the Broken Glass) in November 1938.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Well I guess technically I was wrong but you know what I meant. Jews lived perfectly fine lives until shortly before world war 2.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think you started off good but went a little too far, reading into it too much. I get what you are saying but I wouldn't say we are exactly like Nazi Germany, or even communist Russia or whatever. We are different and our future totalitarian government will be different than any in the past. What is similar and where history repeats itself is that we are transitioning into a totalitarian styled government. From bondage, into freedom, and back into bondage. Most other countries went through this decades ago, with China/N Korea and some others still in the process. If we cannot stop it I sure hope it's not as bad as Nazi Germany or Russia

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

The nazis and Muslims worked together during WW2. Otto Skorzeny, Hitler's henchman, trained Muslim fighters after the war. I don't totally agree with the OP, but the fact that Muslims are living freely does not preclude the survivaly of nazi ideals.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Good thread, even if history severs me right, right now.

In american Past: An USA president puts the Serbian flag to be waved at the white house for the first time after WW1 .

WW2:America Says Serbs are allies to the western efforts.

Turning Cold Wars: America & Military companies make private deals in ways to trick the Yugoslavia federation nation.

Per yugoslavia Wars: Americana military private companies with bill Clinton
Re Hire the Mujahideen with the help of Mustafa Ceric.

Today:Grand Mufti Mustafa Ceric Is the leader of the so called The spiritual leader of Bosnia's Muslim majority but in truth it was the west that installed him in the first place.

if history serves me right, today if the ottoman empire exited they would have win.

Stay tuned later this year for my thread of the yugoslavia Wars i think you would surprised on what i have digged out

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I very much look forward to that. When do you think you will have it up?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by Nosred

And last I checked Jews lived happy lives in Germany until WWII started.

Well, I guess you haven't checked any history books then. In 1933, the Nazi party began taking action to limit what Jews in Germany could do. At that point, there were over 520,000 Jews in Germany. 60% of those Jews realized how the noose was tightening upon their necks, and left Germany, so that by 1939 prior to the actual start of WWII, only 214,000 Jews were left.

www.ushmm.org...

1933-1939 In January 1933, some 522,000 Jews by religious definition lived in Germany. Over half of these individuals, approximately 304,000 Jews, emigrated during the first six years of the Nazi dictatorship, leaving only approximately 214,000 Jews in Germany proper (1937 borders) on the eve of World War II. In the years between 1933 and 1939, the Nazi regime had brought radical and daunting social, economic, and communal change to the German Jewish community. Six years of Nazi-sponsored legislation had marginalized and disenfranchised Germany's Jewish citizenry and had expelled Jews from the professions and from commercial life. By early 1939, only about 16 percent of Jewish breadwinners had steady employment of any kind. Thousands of Jews remained interned in concentration camps following the mass arrests in the aftermath of Kristallnacht (Night of the Broken Glass) in November 1938.

I know this is going to piss a lot of people off, but I really am curious. If what is quoted above is true, then how did the Nazi's kill 6-8 million Jews? It is my opinion that the actual number is much lower but is inflated in order to produce a desired effect. Its really not that far fetched is it? And by the way, no I don't condone genocide no matter how many were killed.

However, that does bring up a very good question about why we don't consider Americans to be on the same level as Nazi's with that whole Native American genocide thang that almost completely wiped out an entire race/culture of people.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

I know this is going to piss a lot of people off, but I really am curious. If what is quoted above is true, then how did the Nazi's kill 6-8 million Jews?

To answer your question, most of the Jews that were rounded up, and placed into concentration camps, came from the countries that the Nazis occupied, or invaded.
en.wikipedia.org...

You can go to the link above to see the actual figures killed by country. By far, the majority of Jews killed by the Nazis were from Poland, around Polish Jews 3,000,000 killed.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
We are turning into a police state. Things like what happened in this article www.examiner.com... happen almost every day and people aren't even shocked by them anymore.

Welcome to Nazi America.
Arbeit macht frei.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

We are turning into a police state. Things like what happened in this article www.examiner.com... happen almost every day and people aren't even shocked by them anymore.

Although this may seem like an unfortunate incident, the fact remains that the cops were enforcing a law, namely that dirt bikes cannot be ridden on city streets. Don't blame the cops for doing their job. The law is the law, and you cannot make excuses if the law is broken. If people feel a law is unjust, then petition to have it changed. Although there certainly are cases in the US where draconian measures are taken, in this case, I do not blame the police for doing their job.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join