It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More proof congress doesnt care about our citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I got this email in my inbox today. Its from congress.org, and it talks about the 10 " most hopeless bils"

The 10 Most Hopeless Bills on Capitol Hill

In Congress, some bills get a shot and others don't.

With more and more bills introduced each session, the number that actually make it to the president's desk is comparatively low.

During 2007 and 2008, 11,077 bills were introduced in Congress, while just 460 were signed into law. That means for every new law that session there were 23 bills that didn't make it out of Congress.

To be fair, some of those bills were resolutions congratulating sports teams that wouldn't have gone to the president or bills introduced just to make a point.

Still, some of those unenacted bills stand out for their sheer hopelessness.

Read the complete story or learn more about the individual bills below.

1) Opening trade with Cuba. 2) Electing shadow senators. 3) Changing presidential succession. 4) Allowing the president a third term. 5) Creating term limits for Congress. 6) Tracking gun purchases. 7) Decriminalizing personal use of marijuana. 8) Allowing everyone to join Medicare. 9) Abolishing the Federal Reserve. 10) Starting a U.S. Department of Peace."

im in support of 9 and 7.

thats a big F you from the congress. On my day off Wednesday, Im sending my senators a big F you back. Seriously way to piss me off Congress.

Bad day to you sirs in Congress. I hope everyone but RP hits a deer on their way to work tomrorrow, and that deer lives and poops on thier car hood.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Actually, some of these bills sound good.

1) Opening trade with Cuba. - think it's time?

2) Electing shadow senators. - Wait, what? Heck no.

3) Changing presidential succession. -With out researching this more this sounds like a HORRIBLE idea

4) Allowing the president a third term. -Maybe. Presidents get burnt out after their second, and there was only one that I would have wanted to have in longer.

5) Creating term limits for Congress. -I've read good points and bad on this. We want someone with experience but we don't want some one in 35 years who was bough and sold in his/her 10th year.

6) Tracking gun purchases. - does gun education come with it?

7) Decriminalizing personal use of marijuana. So for this but not to just get high and I could write a few paragraphs on why.

8) Allowing everyone to join Medicare. -Only after the health care system is truly fixed for the citizens can we even consider this...but that's not going to happen in my life time.

9) Abolishing the Federal Reserve. -Yes

10) Starting a U.S. Department of Peace. - Should have been made a long time ago.

join