It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM has lost it - they did that Timothy McVegh today on Msnbc

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I saw a couple of threads already - but I must have got 10 calls from people who are telling that MSNBC has lost its marbles, it appears they chopped his words so much it was obvious to a lot of people ... I really think they want us to be really pissed for some reason, at least 5 phone calls today were about this and they were pissed. 5 others that just wanted me to know it was on. so, 50% pissed 50% asleep.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I remember as a child,
when the oklahoma bombing happened...

and all the crap you saw in the media....

I remember, I truly did believe what they were saying....
that : "this man is a terrorist who's goal is to kill innocent people"

however,
you eventually 'grow up'...
and see that is was all BS.

Maybe the media should put it this way.........

"ex-military man, fed up with his BS government and their BS antics, decides to act out against them"

pretty simple.

but then that would contain some truth.
god forbid, people receive any of that.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Well that would still certainly not make killing 100's of innocent people justifiable?

Anyway, I read some stuff online a while back that basically stated TMV was a pawn in all this, but would need to find this material again to reference. It was pretty convincing.. but that doesn't mean much of course.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Was that the special report on militias? I wanted to see that one to see just how far media will go and just how desperate they are. Dont have cable tho, I'll have to catch in on youtube. Was it worth watching? what were your thoughts on it?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

I remember, I truly did believe what they were saying....
that : "this man is a terrorist who's goal is to kill innocent people"

however,
you eventually 'grow up'...
and see that is was all BS.

Maybe the media should put it this way.........

"ex-military man, fed up with his BS government and their BS antics, decides to act out against them"

pretty simple.

You're defending what that monster did?

He was a terrorist. A radical right-wing terrorist. It sounds ugly, especially if your political leanings tend to the right, but that's the cold hard truth.

Just because a right-wing terrorist blew up a building and killed a bunch of people doesn't mean all right-wingers are like that, so don't get all defensive. You don't see leftists coming on this site and defending the acts of Stalin, do you?

Seriously, why is there this underlying need to defend everyone who's political motivations you agree with, regardless of how horrible of a person they are and how many innocent people they killed?

Why can't we just step back and say "hey I don't really like the government either but jesus christ that guy was insane."

Because he was. He was #ing insane.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I don't think that guy was necessarily defending Timothy McVeigh, he was simply pointing out that the media never really explains the real reason behind things. They just want the public to think he's "crazy" and that's the end of it.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
People defending that idiot.

I hope you all grow some sense one day. That man fair gamed men, women, and children. There is no excuse for that nonsense. He was a terrorist with a disturbed ideology, and to say anything but is simply arguing for the sake of political dissent.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil
I saw a couple of threads already - but I must have got 10 calls from people who are telling that MSNBC has lost its marbles, it appears they chopped his words so much it was obvious to a lot of people ... I really think they want us to be really pissed for some reason, at least 5 phone calls today were about this and they were pissed. 5 others that just wanted me to know it was on. so, 50% pissed 50% asleep.

I certainly do not want to look like I am defending McVeigh but...

I have been seeing the promos for this all month long and in the promose they kept saying "Hear his own words" and then played hims saying "Women were fair game, children were fair game."

This really bothered me because I had heard him saying this and what he said was that what pissed him off about Waco was the government attitiude that...'women and children' were fair game.

I know he killed women and children too so I am not trying to get into all that. It just really struck me that they were so obviously taking his words WAYYY out of context in order to make it seem like he said something totally different. I just do not feel that is cool.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
So I imagine MSNBC will be following up with the three other bombs reported on site, the multiple bomb squad teams going to diffuse these other bombs, the third suspect the gov was searching the world for until they just stopped looking, the local law enforcement who were bullied tortured and killed?

I mean, it's a news station right? Investigative journalism is supposes to be their thing, right? Right?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
"...and others unknown."

I think that last line speaks volumes...and the truth!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Not meaning to be off topic or anything but what building did they implode in that X Files movie "fight the future"? Remember Mulder didn't have the correct change for the soda machine or something.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I dont think many people believe that right wingers are like Mcveigh at all. He was a crazy fringe person that every affiliation has. Just like the people who claim video game violence makes kids go out and kill people, the people are messed up in the head already.

He was insane and couldve been a member of any party and still would've hurt people.

They couldn't twist his words enough to make what he did any worse though. He killed 19 children. So, with the quote about him being so upset about the waco incident when 'women and children were fair game' being miss used by the press, clearly this is not wrong, he's a monster.

I dont affiliate him with the right, I affiliate him with a murdering terrorist who just happened to believe a few things these people do, they're not all like him by any means.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
So I imagine MSNBC will be following up with the three other bombs reported on site, the multiple bomb squad teams going to diffuse these other bombs, the third suspect the gov was searching the world for until they just stopped looking, the local law enforcement who were bullied tortured and killed?

I mean, it's a news station right? Investigative journalism is supposes to be their thing, right? Right?

The only part of that I had not heard about is hte bully and torture of law enforcement. Have any links of relevance?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
Not meaning to be off topic or anything but what building did they implode in that X Files movie "fight the future"? Remember Mulder didn't have the correct change for the soda machine or something.

The bombs were reported in the Dallas Federal Building but Mulder suspected they were in another building when none were found there.

X-Files Chronology

[edit on 19-4-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Funny, I almost watched that movie the other night, darn, I guess I should have, but yea it was supposed to be a building along the sorts that TMV blew up. So your question isn't completely OT.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
They couldn't twist his words enough to make what he did any worse though. He killed 19 children. So, with the quote about him being so upset about the waco incident when 'women and children were fair game' being miss used by the press, clearly this is not wrong, he's a monster.

I guess you did not even actually read my post. I said he was a bad man and the point was kind of moot because he killed women and children as well.

My point is that journalistic integrity still should have made them portray his words correctly. If he was such a monster, why twist his words to make it worse?

I know he killed women and children. I understand it makes no sense to do it in justification for someone else doing it.

I was just pointing out that this "documentary" using his own words, was still deceptive. Why? Why did they have to be? We know what he did. Why not tell us the real reason he did it? You promised us his own words so why are they then taken out of context and twisted to mean something else?

We all know what happened was bad. We were promised insight as to why this man did it. Whether he was logical or not, I still expect a news orginization to present things in a factual light.

If you want to use his words "women are fair game, children are fair game" then why would you not put them in the context he said it? They could have taken 1 minute to do that and spent the next 42 minutes pointing out that he killed women and children too. That would have been just fine.

Am I wrong for wanted honesty, especially in a "documentary" using his own words?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Reply to post by K J Gunderson

www.newworldorderreport.com...

www.sott.net...

Heres a quickie of the two off o the top of my head. My searching and linking is handicapped by my mobile browser.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by K J Gunderson

www.newworldorderreport.com...

www.sott.net...

Heres a quickie of the two off o the top of my head. My searching and linking is handicapped by my mobile browser.

Thanks. I had watched a couple of movies about it a long time ago. I do remember that they had some compelling mysteries and facts I could not believe. Unfortunately, one was by Alex Jones but it contained so much footage NOT of HIM TALKING that it was still pretty good. I was not sure what to think about it all and I guess I kind of forgot about a lot of it. Thanks for the links, sounds like interesting reading.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
"You promised us his own words so why are they then taken out of context and twisted to mean something else?"

Because most of the morons who are watching this crap have no clue that his words were taken out of context by a bunch of disreputable scum in the mainstream media. Like you said, since the guy is a monster, why the need to take his words out of context? If anything, this makes the Official OKC Bombing Story even more suspect. Some people should learn to leave well enough alone.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
McVeigh was a CIA shill if you ask me. Same tactics they've been using since JFK's assassination.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by cepheusdraco]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join