It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Migraine Leaves English Woman with Chinese Accent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I have seen multiple articles lately with very similar things occurring.

In this instance a 35 year old woman from England got a migraine that was so severe, she called an ambulance. She then woke up in the hospital speaking with a Chinese accent.

Full Article

Here is more on Foreign Accent Syndrome.

Here is another recent account of something similar: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder why there seem to be several of this type of similar event happening now? I know there are more recent stories of this. Still looking for more though. WIll add them when I find them.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

WTH!!! haha that actually kind of sounds fun lol. . .
im purty good at accents myself haha

ive actually never heard o' this type o' de problem de mon. . . curses JAMAICAN!

wait was that FOX?. . .

[edit on 19-4-2010 by LocoHombre]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Youre right, this is third story ive heard this week, and this week is the first ive heard of it, and if i heard it in the past then i dismissed it and it would have been only once.
when i saw the post i thought of something. kind of off the wall but the kind of stuff i like to throw out for consideration.
in the bible there is something or other about humans speaking a common language and god was mad because humans were building towers and worshipping idols so he took away their common language to confuse them. also in the hopi prophecies we all spoke a common language. maybe somehow these people are accessing parts of their brain thru trauma and accessing that common language somehow, or perhaps are becoming enlightened somehow. maybe we are evolving (or devolving if you like) back into a common language. (if we are i hope its gonna be russsian, they have a word for every type of feeling and situation, very rich language!)
just a crazy thought, not well thought out or anything. could be worth considering!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Oh uh I have a migraine.

I should like to wake up making the sounds of Dolphins!

join