It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 200 students suffer food poisoning in NW China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

XI'AN: More than 200 students had symptoms of food poisoning on Monday after drinking school breakfast milk in two cities of northwest China's Shaanxi Province, provincial authorities said.

More than 100 students in primary and middle schools in Mian County of Hanzhong City started to vomit and had stomach aches after drinking milk, and 27 were hospitalized, said a spokesman for the provincial government.

In Ankang City's Xunyang County, almost 100 middle and primary school students had the same symptoms. Twenty were treated with intravenous drips, he added.

That must have been some pretty bad milk. And my wife wonders why I won't drink milk after the date on the carton.

This is still breaking it seems. Not much info yet. Here is the link.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well that's certainly pleasant.

I actually learned about foodborne illnesses today in my Emerging Diseases class. Sounds like the pathogen L. monocytogenes could have caused the contamination (due to improper pasteurization), but who really knows?

Haha, I also strictly abide by a milk carton's sell-by date. Gastrointestinal death by milk doesn't sound too appealing.

join