It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please share your views on a one world religion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
As I've been reserching the new world order and the aspects of having a one world government I've come to conclude this will effect religion.

In my own personal views I have never been a follower to any one elses beliefs but my own and I ask myself where did I come up with that statement lol.

I would like to know what every one thinks about the idea of our government trying to create a policy so that every one has to follow but one religion.

What will fall under this religion?
And has anyone come across any other forums that better understand this topic?

"If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything" -The girl in front of me

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Umm... a 1 world religion means that their are no differing views. Without differing views, people will just follow the herd, instead of making their own way across the field.

One government is bad enough, but one religion..........

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I don't believe it will be made world policy by all governments to make people think a certain way when it comes to religion. I think instead one day everyone on Earth will know who to follow and people will do so voluntarily.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by againstNWO_acts

I got no problem with a one world religion, as long as It's my religion.

2nd line.

[edit on 4/19/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Even if one world government pushed aetheism there woukd still be a world religion of sorts where the state is god. For too many people now the state is god. They pay their taxes and demand you do as well because taxes make the sun rise in the morning.

O e world religion is sort of a moot point. The state will shape whatever belief is predominant into what it needs when it needs it. It would have to be maliable and dynamic. A staticly imposed belief would eventually backfire. Just as the I dividual would have to bend like a reed in the wind or risk breaking so should the government if it wishes to retain control. In such a case of dynamic belief and action it will be the roots that determine ultimate survival. Even complete breakage can be overcome by healthy roots.

There will always be detractors and there will always be people who accept it as gospel.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I don't like the sound of it. If the world united as one and started worshiping the same way. Will only cause distress. Progress will be difficult to achieve for different types of people and to me it's just a bad idea.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
www.remnantofgod.org...

It already started.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

It's impossible to indoctrinate 6.9 Billion people into a one world religion IMO.

You would have to drastically reduce the population to under a Billion. Even then it would be very difficult.

I think main stream religion is on it's way out and personnal religion will replace it. Which in my opinion is far better as there's no agenda to indoctrinate others.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Oh Ye foolish Galatians (who messed you up?) as if religion matters with no knowledge of the truth. Is the imputed wisdom of God now a dress that we can go buy for a Saturday night prom? My point is, God's wisdom is imparted through the holy spirit which works a miracle in the heart. It isn't Catholic; it isn't Muslim; it isn't Baptist; it isn't Reverand so and so but the divine work of the holy spirit convicting and convincing you of the knowledge of the truth. Religion? Get rid of it. The love of God? Look for it, wait for it, listen for it. Cut the crap.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
1 religion in the world would never work
also it's in the Bible that Satan will do this
in Revelation so anybody asks me to convert

then he is the anti-Christ

why do u ask this??
r u part of the NWO agenda????
or do you have a Luciferian agenda???

people will die before they submit/convert to
such a religion.

this makes the 2nd thread I have seen
on this in the past few days. Someone
seems to be pushing this agenda very hard.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
A Billion is still too much. You'll have to reduce the total population down to a grand total of one for a single world religion.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Through my studies of various religions and philosophies I have found many "Universal Truths". Most significantly, "The Golden Rule" and karma. A "One World Religion" MUST have these 2 doctrines.

The Golden Rule: "Treat others as you want to be treated." "And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise." [Luke 6:31]

Karma: "What goes around comes around." "You reap what you sow." "Every person will be rewarded according to their good deeds, and punished for their bad deeds."

In essence, the vast majority of religions and philosophies universally teach to have love, compassion, and respect for all of mankind.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Still, so many of the world's religions are so similar in content. How closely do the different religious teachings have to match before you can claim that there is but one religion for all practical purposes? Just hours ago I remarked on another post about how similar the proclamations of Islamic Fundy's are to Christian Fundy's. The thread had to do with earthquakes being blamed on promiscuous women by an Iranian cleric. If the results of many religions are a brain-dead acceptance of such ludicrous proclimations then could we not make a convincing argument that, although the details of their respective dogmas may not be in complete agreement, the end results are the same?

Might we not then further argue that this specific "end result" could conceivably be the shared goal of these religious philosophies, or, at the very least, the desired result of how these philosophies are introduced to humanity by certain ruthless types? Finally, if the "end results" are the same, can we honestly claim that there is any quantifiable difference in these religions? Does it really matter if your savior is called Jesus or Mohammed if your religion reduces you to an easily manipulated tool for authority figures? Isn't the true face of a One World Religion the blind obedience that it invokes in its adherents irregardless of their specific rituals and sacriments?

I would claim that, for all intents and purposes, the One World Religion is already here, dividing humanity into rediculous cults that are then set against each other in senseless conflicts that result in endless death and suffering for the devotees and riches and power for the high priests. Dr. John Lilly once stated that Religion is not about salvation but control. It is my belief that he was correct in his summation. If the real goal of most religions is the subjagation of the human mind and spirit to a higher human order then how, exactly, can they be said to honestly differ?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
A one-world SPIRITUAL path or direction would be completely great and lovely, if ever truly possible, but a new RELIGION, anything with an actual name, leadership, organization, hierarchy and whatnot garbage, would be horrible - totally unacceptable. Of course there would first have to be the end of rule BY secrecy etc. for any kind of real change for the better.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Global Religion would be a bad thing. I like living in a world with a myriad of different belief systems, if we were all coerced to believe the same things life would really suck. Part of the fun of being human is debating and disagreeing, social discourse, its basically what ATS and many other internet forums thrive on.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

No one is going to change their faith deliberately. And you are right!

Religion is like farts. Yours isn't too bad, but everyone elses stink!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Why do some people want us all alike? The only saving grace of humanity is our diversity. It would be nice to have ANY religion without the "kill all unbelievers" clause.

But no, they will try and convince you that it's the "only" way.

It doesn't matter how silly it may be, but your religion should never be challenged, so long as it doesn't involve hurting others.

This new religion of peace and world unity WILL hurt people, it's intrinsic to the group mentality.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

lol you beat me to it, that was the first thing i was going to write when i saw it.

back on topic:
As funny as the comment "as long as it's mine" is funny in practice it would not work at all. People will always have different views which is why humanity works. And even if we had a one world religion it would only last for a few hours. A great example look at the old and new testaments, 2 books and how many religions and different branch religions are there? It just would not work.
Even if you had a group of new-nazis and gave them their own town, the problem would not be solved they still hate and that is the problem.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I vote for keeping the constitution and let people continue to believe whatever they chose to believe .

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
there's already a very long thread on this- use the search function.
why waste words?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join