It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The other 31+ senses a person has, but sometimes not understood on a conscious level.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I was just reading up on some material from Ingo Swann ( one of the famed Remote viewers of SRI who worked for the CIA) and thought it would be a good thread of its own. As the title suggests there is lot of our Mind/body connection that we dont fully understand and until we properly understand it in on a conscious level, then we are only using at least only half of our abilities and the rest just get squandered away etc.
Though a lot of Ingo Swann's material can be long winded at times he does get to the point and here is a just a part of it. These articles are actually from the early 90's onwards but I still see that they are still quite relevant today:-

www.biomindsuperpowers.com...

Recently Discovered Bioorganic Basis for the Following Additional Senses
1. Receptors in the nose sensing systems that "smell" emotions, and that can identify motives, sexual receptivity, antagonism, benevolence, etc. (All these are formats of what are commonly referred to as psychic vibe-sensing.)
2. Receptors in the ear sensing systems that detect and identify differences in pressure and electromagnetic frequencies (formats of ESP.)
3. Skin receptors that detect balance and imbalance regarding what is external to the bio-body, even external at some astonishing distances (formats of remote-sensing, a mixed form of ESP and clairvoyance.)
4. Skin receptors that detect motion outside of the body, even when the body is asleep (a format of subliminal ESP.)
5. Directional finding and locating receptors in the endocrine and neuropeptide systems (formats of dowsing, intermixed with formats of cognitive ESP or intuition.) 6. Whole-body receptors, including hair, that identify fluidic motions of horizontal, vertical, diagonal, even if not visually perceived (as, for example, in the "psychic" portion of the martial art of Akhido.)
7. Skin receptors that "recognize" the temperament of other biological organisms (a format of psi "reading".)
8. Subliminal sensory systems which locate and identify pitch of sound, a sense of heat across great distances, a sense of frequencies and waves, either mechanical or energetic (all being formats of ESP and vibe-sensing, sometimes also referred to as "shaman perceiving.")
9. Receptors that identify positive and negative charged particles at the atomic level. (The term utilized for this in psychical research is "micro-psi" but which is rare. However, it has been convincingly demonstrated, especially in the case of C. W. Leadbeater who published Occult Chemistry (1908). Thirty years before the invention of the electron-microscope he correctly described sub-atomic particles, many undiscovered at the time, but discovered since. Micro-psi faculties are mentioned as one of the ancient Sidhis of ancient India (see, for example, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali).)
10. Microsystem transducing of various forms of mechanical, chemical, and electromagnetic energy into meaningful nerve impulses (all commonly thought of as FORMS OF ESP.)
11. Receptors that sense gravitational changes (a form of PSYCHIC DOWSING.)
12. Neurological senses for interpreting modulated electronic information by converting it into analog signals for mental storage, interpretation, and cognition (one of the bio-mind bases for TELEPATHY.)
13. Bio-electronic receptors for sensing radiation, including X-rays, cosmic rays, infrared radiation, and ultraviolet light, all of these receptors being found in the retina of the eye (part of the basis for various forms of CLAIRVOYANCE.)
14. Receptors that respond to exterior electrical fields and systems (producing forms of CLAIRVOYANCE and AURA "READING.") Today, the following highly specialized sensing systems are referred to in the new sciences as HUMAN SEMAPHORE CAPACITIES.
15. Skin receptors for sensing perceptions of bonding or antagonism (thought of as forms of INTUITION.)
16. Senses for non-verbal "language" communicating (thought as a form of TELEPATHY or VIBE-SENSING.)
17. Combined sensing systems (neural networks) for making meaning out of at least 130 identified nonverbal physical gestures and twenty basic kinds of nonverbal messages (thought of as INTUITIONAL CHARACTER ASSESSMENT or a particular form of CLAIRVOYANCE.)
18. Receptors that trigger alarm and apprehension before their sources are directly perceived (a particularly valuable type of PSYCHIC FORESIGHT, FORESEEING, INTUITION.)
19. Sensing systems for registering and identifying nonverbal emotional waves (a form of INTUITION and/or TELEPATHY or CLAIRVOYANCE.) The following are now known to be associated with the PINEAL GLAND if it is healthy and in good working order.
20. Senses and memory-stores cycles of light and darkness, anticipating them with accuracy as the daily motions of the sun and moon change (a kind of PSYCHIC FORECASTING or FUTURE SEEING.)
21. Senses and responds to solar and lunar rhythms, solar disruptions (flares, sunspots) and moon-caused tidal changes (water or geophysical ones), and can sense "coming" earthquakes and storms (a form of PREDICTIVE ESP especially noted in sailors, farmers, but also in cows, dogs, cats, and snakes.)
22. If the pineal gland is fully functional, it acts as a nonvisual photo-receptor (the psychic equivalent being "X-RAY VISION.") * The following senses or sensing systems are similar to some already mentioned, but they appear to function upon a completely different basis and are additional those senses already mentioned. It is now thought that this basis is almost certainly the WATER contained in the bio-body, in the physical components of the nerve systems, and the physical part of the brain. It is not yet understood how WATER is used this way to create a fluidic but elaborate series of interconnected sensing systems. One of the best guesses, yet to be established, is that the vibrations of the water molecules link together throughout the entire bio-body and form the equivalent of radar or sonar antennae. These liquid antenna sensing systems appear to detect the following categories. Divided by categories, they can be thought of as individualized and highly refined sensing systems. All of these categories have been thought of as PSYCHIC, ESP, CLAIRVOYANT, or INTUITIVE - which is to say, been thought of as unexplainable and hence impossible.
23. Sense of non-visual wave motions.
24. Sense of non-visual oscillating patterns.
25. Sense of magnetic fields.
26. Sense of infrared radiation.
27. Sense of electrical energy.
28. Sense receptors for local AND distant sources of heat. (This is an unnamed PSI faculty, but one familiar to Amerindians.)
29. Sense of geo-electromagnetic pulses, magnetic fields, especially biological ones (psychic equivalents unidentified and unnamed.)
30. Although the mechanisms are not at all understood, the liquidic sensing detectors apparently are somehow involved in the remote sensing of anything at a distance, however great. The results, of course, are remote viewing, remote hearing, remote tasting, and so forth. * Finally (although there is no "finally" here), we come to sensory systems' receptors spread throughout the entire bio-body, and which apparently feed information into the mind-body interface (if "interface" would be the correct concept.)
31. Whole-body receptors (millions of them) to detect pheromones, sexual receptivity, fear, love, admiration, danger, pain in others, intentions in others, etc., (all formerly thought of as inexplicable forms of ESP or so-called VIBE-SENSING and/or PSYCHIC `READING".)
Please note that the list above is not complete and is presently in process of being extended.

Source

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Epsillion70]

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Epsillion70]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
cool post! thanks mate!

Indeed, the human senses go far beyond 'the 5'.

I thought that was a 'joke' even as a kid. lol

if anyone has taken the time to actually study this,
and researched these things...
(if they are even semi intelligent)
It is clear to see,
that there really is "something to this".

and Swann is not to be taken as a 'joke'
by far, no joke.

not to mention all of the others who were doing this work for the CIA.

well done, good post, thanks.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
this thread is extremely impressive

not sure if the source answers this but, where exactly do the CIA get this information?

i've noticed some CIA techniques that could only have derived from the skills of the shinobi no mono (the ninja of ancient japan) but i've always wondered how they would obtain such knowledge seeing how the ninja never recorded their methods onto paper, also their methods were closely gaurded secrets anyhow...

how in the world does the CIA obtain this accumulation of 'secrets'?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
More than a few of those senses I've always been able to use. I think they are normal, like 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, because I think a lot of other people can do them as well.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

I didnt no that scientist understood this stuff,let alone gave it a name.interesting .

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

Nice thread..

I know that we have more than the five senses we are consciously aware of but:

there is lot of our Mind/body connection that we dont fully understand and until we properly understand it in on a conscious level

Good luck!! It is not some form of laziness by our conscious mind that we are not aware of all the things around us. It is the computational power of the unconscious mind that is allowing us to take in all the information around us. Trying to become aware of all the information we take in is madness!! (plus it would radically change the way we watch television
).

Instead of trying to comprehend and understand everything on a conscious level, just try to trust and rely a bit more on what your unconscious is telling you without trying to understand it. Just flow with it......

Peace

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
How does this thread not have more attention? I just blew through maybe half of the senses but it's bookmarked on my phone now, I need to look at them all in greater detail! Thank you much for this thread! S+F (whenever I get back on the PC again)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by philosearcher
How does this thread not have more attention? I just blew through maybe half of the senses but it's bookmarked on my phone now, I need to look at them all in greater detail! Thank you much for this thread! S+F (whenever I get back on the PC again)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

TextHow does this thread not have more attention?

Thats what i said,! its so good ,i told my self,this is one of those threds in which i really have to sit down and pick all the grovy 1 through 30 that fit me,and then i can understande a little more,very accurate to !

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I totally agree with this.

I also skimmed through it, will have to go back and go in detail. but yeah definitely cool.

new topics

top topics

join