It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Awakening- a taste of what it's like

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ouroborus2012
fellow enlightened people like myself.

Erm, what IS enlightenment exactly? Is it some static state or..? Or is it a state where you can say: I understand that i know nothing?

The path is only at the beginning my friend

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
where are the christians and muslims why no comment about awakening..
there belief system is either serve or submit. i feel i have awakend but now i want to fall back asleep. ignorance was bliss

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Power without wisdom is akin to beer without malt. Use it over time and you will get drunk on 100% proof alchol and you pass out blind, if your existance is not ended.

It is not my role to command or tell anyone on what is 'spiritual awakening', for I am only a jumble of readable alphabets here.

It is a private and personal issue, for that spirit touches each and every individual differently, under varying circumstances at each's stage of developement in life, which is different for many amongst mankind, and many more awaits to be touched, if they but silently listen and seek out.,,

However, the common thread among those whom had been touched, will realized how insignificant we humans, alone, are in the bigger scheme of the Universe, and our powers absolutely limited if not nil.

If we presume ourselves as mighty individually, then how are we created in the first place? The chicken or the egg question will arise. Intelligence is not born but gained over time by building on knowledge provided by others.Our brains need input. Who gave this input?

No, when you have been touched, you will realized your insignificance and the need to fellowship with others, to follow the taught paths to progress and evolution that had been hijacked by people like you, filled with arrogance and greed, a sense of deluded absolute power that will only corrupts absolutely and eventually.

Alone, without proper guidance and fellowship, you have no more power to move the winds than an ant.

But it is life and free will to perceive as you wish. May others be more discerning and seek for better understanding, which lays in record by our ancestors, records that are not fantasies, but experiences learnt and gain, so that we, fallible humans, will not make the same mistakes again.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

It's not a static state -- enlightenment means "everfresh evernew" as Yogananda describes. Read his "autobiography of a yogi" to find out. For a real enlightened master you can take classes from Chunyi Lin springforestqigong.com...

[edit on 19-4-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

Haha, I know it's not static. I'm just having a hard time with people who claim that they are "enlightened". It just seems so.. pompous.

"Spiritual" (yuck) development is indeed a ongoing, neverending process..

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych

Haha, I know it's not static. I'm just having a hard time with people who claim that they are "enlightened". It just seems so.. pompous.

"Spiritual" (yuck) development is indeed a ongoing, neverending process..

Understand that by "enlightened" I mean those who understand that reality is not what it seems.

Using words such as "pompous" and taking a pot shot at people to serve your ego is indeed pompous in itself. I'm not impressed or amused.. Thumbs down

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Right -- it takes place in a trance -- enlightenment comes from pure consciousness which is the resonance of complementary opposites as "always already" -- so you LISTEN to the source of your I-thought.

No belief is necessary -- just logic. Where does the I-thought come from?

Western science states that the anterior cingulate gyrus regulates our internal thoughts through a timer -- so normally we hear a thought which is our thought. Sometimes the timing gets off and this causes schizophrenia or hearing voices -- you hear a thought from your brain but it's not in time with "your" thought! haha.

When I was in first grade I held my breath till I passed out -- science says this in impossible because the anterior cingulate gyrus over-rides your "intention" to hold your breath! Keeping you from passing out. But the Sherpas of Nepal also had to hold their breath till they passed out in order to prove their capability to lead the climb of Mount Everest -- in other words it's possible for your prefrontal cortex intention to over-ride your anterior cingulate gyrus.

When this happens you are activating your deep brain stimulation -- the limbic region of the brain and this connects to the pineal gland which connects to the cerebellum. The cerebellum connects to the vagus nerve via the inner ear.

The vagus nerve is the parasympathetic nervous system - and it's the KEY to enlightenment. The secret is that humans have a huge supply of blissful serotonin in their lower bodies but normally it can not bypass the blood brain barrier. But humans can HEAR ultrasound internally -- through meditation. Drosher's book documents this -- the ultrasound causes ionization. Kummer's book "Tangled Wing" -- Harvard physiology -- documents that when there's ionization of the vagus nerve this changes the blood brain barrier. Anyone studying electrical smog -- EMP -- electromagnetic pollution -- knows this as well. Ionization of the vagus nerve enables BLISS serotonin to bypass the blood brain barrier via the endothelial cells.

From there the serotonin builds up increasing the melatonin which then increases the '___' and that further opens up the pineal gland. The pineal gland in turn works as a piezoelectric transducer and in opposite creates '___' and melatonin and serotonin. But more so the electromagnetic energy keeps increasing -- this is the chi or prana of enlightenment and as it increases it turns into shen or shakti -- the holographic laser or biophoton energy.

You can read my blog for more details naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com...

But suffice it to say this works through the autonomic nervous system. You can train the central nervous system to regulate the energy -- but it takes a while through experience. Again full lotus is the most efficient means of inducing the "enlightenment" trance but there's also the "small universe" or "microcosmic orbit" which works through complementary opposite resonance.

Western science relies on symmetry A X B = B x A but in nonwestern music the goal is for sound to create LIGHT through complemetary opposites so 2:3 is C to G while 3:4 is G to C.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

A star for yous.

I've experienced Prana, Chi or the lifeforce (however you want to call it) and continue to do so all the time. My theory just was that I don't actually believe that we can reach some state from whereon we cannot proceed. I feel like it's saying: "this was it" and there's nowhere to go. I think we can always learn more and become more aware.

Great blog btw, will look into that later.

[edit on 19/4/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Right Master Nan, Huai-chin says there are "different levels of emptiness" -- or as Ramana Maharshi says -- all is consciousness. Consciousness is emptiness -- how can there be different levels?

Because the process of enlightenment is asymmetric or complementary opposites. So we have the I thought. We can repeat "I - I- I I IIiIIIII" -- to logically infer the source of our thoughts.

Eventually we listen to the source of the I-thought. Ramana Maharshi says to focus on the right side of the heart. Why?

It turns out the left-brain dominance -- lanuage -- connects the left brain vagus nerve which goes directly to the right side of the heart. So that's "mind yoga" -- left brain inference of the source of the I-thought.

Visualization or listening -- is right-brain dominant. No one is listening. The visions just happen on their own -- we can focus the energy but the source is not us -- it's emptiness or pure consciousness.

So we have awareness which is the left brain consciousness -- our prefrontal cortex -- and then we have consciousness which is the eternal creation of LIGHT through what Dr. Stuart Hameroff and Roger Penrose postulate to being the

microtubules -- acting as quantum logic gates -- creating light but through quantum logic.

It's called the "time-frequency uncertainty principle" in quantum mechanics -- as discovered by Dennis Gabor the creator of the holograph.

But in science it's always converted back to symmetric math but in meditation it stays asymmetric or complementary opposites.

So there are different levels of emptiness or consciousness. We can focus on the space between our thoughts -- but who is THINKING that we are focusing on the space between our thoughts?

And so it goes -- you just keep listening -- but as per right-brain emptiness -- the power of meditation comes from our life force hormones - hence celibacy for monks, yogis, etc. So the right brain connects to the autonomic nervous system.

As the left brain vagus nerve connects straight to the heart the right brain vagus nerve connects to the lower body. So while left brain logical inference of the I-thought, the foundation of all other thoughts -- goes straight to the source of consciousness - the heart neurons, it is still dependent on sublimating the sex energy of the lower body.

The hormones have to be ionized -- burned off and converted to electromagnetic energy via the vagus nerve -- and then as this builds through the liver it opens the heart for the oxytocin love sensation that then creates electromagnetic energy. Finally the middle of the brain opens up.

As the electromagnetic energy builds then you can convert the atmosphere into oxygen or water -- you can go without breathing and without drinking water! The center of the hands and feet pulsate with electromagnetic energy! That's just the chi or prana.

The shakti or shen is even a higher frequency or energy intensity -- the laser holographic love energy of the heart-pineal gland. This is very refined energy after fasting and pure mind focus. It can do very powerful healing and also has telepathy and telekinesis, astral travel and precognition and even immortality.

But still all these powers come from the emptiness or pure consciousness -- no one is meditation! The universe LISTENS TO US!! We are created from sound as light energy that bends space time eternally -- so power comes from emptiness -- from submitting to the truth of reality -- the resonance of complementary opposite harmonics or asymmetric logical inference.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

Now, I have to ask...
How did it happen for you?
Thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Holy s.., that's some heavy info man. I'm going to need some time to digest all that.
I truly do believe that everything is conscious, at least on some level. It can be experienced. Very, very interesting.

What was your profession again?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I have a self-designed masters degree -- naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com... is my blog with my masters thesis (bio included), online interviews, articles, books -- all for FREE. I worked 10 years at an environmental nonprofit while reading a scholarly book a day! I finished my masters thesis in 2000 by doing the qigong training with springforestqigong.com... -- Chunyi Lin. I spent my masters thesis doing radical progressive conspiracy activism on sweatshop labor, slave labor, etc.

mindhacks.com...

The EEG studies mentioned above found that during skilled athletic performance there were an increased number of alpha waves - electrical brain activity between 8-12Hz (cycles or waves per second) - usually associated with wakeful relaxation. In other words, mental calm.

However, these waves do not necessarily imply that the brain is similarly relaxed. In fact, a study that directly measured the link between alpha waves and the brain's use of glucose found that more energy was need as alpha waves increased.

This whole brain energy / activity link is a little crude, however, and a more recent study using fMRI - a technique that measures the difference in oxygenated blood - has found increased alpha waves linked to reduced activity in parts of the occipital, temporal and frontal lobes, but with increased activity in the deeper brain areas the thalamus and insula.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
I worked 10 years at an environmental nonprofit

I cannot stress how much i appreciate that. That is cool.

On Ramana Maharshi:

Might the "emptiness" he's describing be the Tao? To my experience, that is, when focused on, the source of the consciousness itself. And when focused on, it activates the pineal gland at hand (or the third eye). I haven't read this from anywhere.

I have actually read about him earlier, and agree with almost everything I have read.
I particularly like his idea, that the way to Moksha (sry, bad with the terms) cannot be tough, but only gained through self-realization and exploration. This is true. These same ideas exist in Buddhism and Taoism also, although in different forms.

"Through the gate.."

This is getting pretty cosmic right here

[edit on 20/4/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Though the gate?

Obviously you need to read "Opening the Dragon Gate"!!

www.amazon.com...

Yes this is the same -- the teacher I trained with did his training through qigongmaster.com... -- 49 days in full lotus without water, food or sleep!!! Just in a cave and traveling up to heaven!! Now he's corroborated by the Mayo Clinic!! He just got named "qigong master of the year" for the World Congress of Qigong this weekend in S.F. through

www.eastwestqi.com...

Effie Chow -- I saw her in 1995 and she blew the fuses out on the room behind us! I knew this because the security guard came in wondering what was going on! haha.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Hehe, good stuff, now I recommend you check this out:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271741107&sr=1-1

Easily one of the best books on yoga I've come across.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Yeah I've looked through that website a bit before. All I can say is that nirvikalpa samadhi -- what's called simply the "Emptiness" in Taoism -- is the "highest" level of meditation but in fact it's just the BEGINNING of real meditation. And nirvikalpi samadhi is indescribable in words!!

So monks have to take a vow of secrecy but in reality you could not put it into words anyway! Actually the best is to have the transmission of the energy master -- because once you experience the shakti-shen transmission -- the laser love holograph transmission -- then you get a taste of this nirvikalpi samadhi. But these shakti-shen masters are rare. Jim Nance and Chunyi Lin can do this of springforestqigong.com... -- even over the phone.

There's lots of meditation teachers and yoga teachers but very few shakti-shen transmitters. Most at best can do qi-prana transmissions -- the electromagnetic force. I did that as well and I had some shakti-shen but then I "fell back into worldliness." As Master Nan, Huai-chin states most modern practitioners fall back into worldliness -- i.e. fall out of nirvikalpa samadhi.

Ramana Maharshi states that even most yoga masters go into nirvikalpa samadhi but never finish it -- once in it then you can do astral travel and have powers, etc. but it's even easier to get attached to these powers. Ramana Maharshi says the key is to stay in nirvikalpa samadhi without using the powers. The powers may happen but not based on individual awareness or intention -- instead just keeping focusing the mind on the source of the I-thought.

Eventually then the source of the soul is achieved in the very bottom of the heart and the heart actually stops for over 10 minutes and then eternal liberation is achieved -- sahaja samadhi. I know a lot of Westerners claim sahaja samadhi is just the space between our thoughts which we are always-already within. This is true and not true! haha.

There's lots of angles and tricks to the practice based on right brain or left brain dominance -- the best is just to sit in full lotus to override this dichotomy and go straight for the pineal gland. Then if the energy goes out of the body it's to heal other people -- if it goes internally it's because you need it more! In other words the energy know what to do.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

I just want to say to you, Congratulations! It is something many of us are experiencing, though some more slowly than others It makes me happy to hear your description of how it happened for you.

Blessings,

Ceri

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel

Ramana Maharshi states that even most yoga masters go into nirvikalpa samadhi but never finish it -- once in it then you can do astral travel and have powers, etc. but it's even easier to get attached to these powers. Ramana Maharshi says the key is to stay in nirvikalpa samadhi without using the powers. The powers may happen but not based on individual awareness or intention -- instead just keeping focusing the mind on the source of the I-thought.

Yeah, I believe they are called siddhis, right?

I have understood that the saddhus advice strongly not to use them and that is completely understandable, because it would hold back the true progress. I really have check out some of these terms since I cannot always remember 'em even if i've heard them.

Dig Shpongle btw

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden

Yeah, great stuff.
I'm saddened to see people trying to consider themselves as God. I think it speaks volumes on how successful the nwo just might be yet. If you're a GOD on cruise control, then it better be perfect words and advice you're giving or else it deserves some questioning! The bigger the claim, the longer the measure.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Northwarden]

I think you are taking the words you quoted as a religious thing, when I think the OP is making a comment on something not religious but spiritual. This happens when one is enmeshed in religion and I am not faulting you for that, as it is apparently your culture to be so. What I am saying is that for this to happen to you, were you to even wish it to, you must step away from indoctrination and ritual and move towards spirituality in general. The belief that you are more, and that you are part of something bigger, i.e. God.

Ceri

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Right the "siddhis" are considered the powers used based on the ego -- for self aggrandizement -- whereas "shakti" is inconsidered the spiritual power from the pure consciousness.

This is a matter of debate -- for example if you read "Nothing Ever Happens" by David Godman, the biography of Ramana Maharshi's foremost follower, H.W.L. Pooonjaji -- he creates MULTIPLE PHYSICAL BODIES AT THE SAME TIME. These are called "yang bodies" in Taoism -- or "bilocation" in Western spiritual energy -- read D. Scott Rogo's "Miracles" for the Western bilocations.

But the thing is H.W.L. Poonjaji was not consciously aware he created multiple physical bodies! It was because others desired to have him in their place on his birthday.

Now according to Mahayana Buddhism this is not supreme complete enlightenment because in Buddhism you're supposed to maintain personal awareness of the powers -- while remaining detached from them. Bill Bodri details this in his new book with Master Nan, Huai-chin - "Measuring Meditation."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join