It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Awakening- a taste of what it's like

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Puresilence

True, sort of.

However, in "What IS," "Oneness" is not opposed to "Multiplicity." It isnt logic of the form "either/or." It is logic more like, "both and neither."

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Great post, very valid points made!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

[...]
the greatest wisdom seems childish.
[...]

So true. Children are much closer to wisdom than what many believe. In a sense, those who are the closest to "the Source" are the children and the very old or dying people.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

Yeah, but ancient at the same time. On a certain occult board people thought that I was a hundred years old (because it said so on my profile). That cracked me up. Now to think about it, I wrote the stuff in a quite trance-like state and did not joke around at all.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych

Yeah, but ancient at the same time. On a certain occult board people thought that I was a hundred years old (because it said so on my profile). That cracked me up. Now to think about it, I wrote the stuff in a quite trance-like state and did not joke around at all.

Lol, I'm trying to picture a 100 years old hermit behind his computer screen, posting on some internet boards

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
To me, spiritual awakening is to find inner peace with yourself. To find a goal in your life. To be happy.

I have accomplished this just by many sessions of self reflection...no meditation, LCD, or dope.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
[edit on 21-4-2010 by lowki]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3
Great post, very valid points made!

Y0u'r3 Gr34t

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts

Originally posted by Tryptych

Lol, I'm trying to picture a 100 years old hermit behind his computer screen, posting on some internet boards

If including past-life experience,
those with access are much more elderly,
having wisdom of many lives.

Remember being a pebble,
flying from a volcano,
liberation,
breaking of new ground.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

That's admirable. I wouldn't really advice the use psychedelics to anyone. They're merely tools, a shortcut. Although I wouldn't label them as "dope", more like sacred sacraments. From where we get to: what is happiness?

I'd say that understanding and wisdom creates more stable happiness than seeking it through momentary ecstasy. Seeking final happiness through impermanent things can lead to addiction and disappointment.

EDIT: I love classic rock btw, among others

[edit on 21/4/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
To me, spiritual awakening is to find inner peace with yourself. To find a goal in your life. To be happy.

I have accomplished this just by many sessions of self reflection...no meditation, LCD, or dope.

You are correct, the whole "breakthrough" experience is just one way among others to reach the state of mind you mention. And not necessarily the one I would recommend because it may have the opposite effect...

But some people (like me) didn't choosed to experience it. It just happened. That's what make it so scary sometimes. You are not in control of it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lowki
Remember being a pebble,
flying from a volcano,
liberation,
breaking of new ground.

How does a pebble die ?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thanks again to everyone...what a great thought provoking thread.
I wanted to explain my ""cruise-control" idea....this doesn't mean I sit around doing nothing feeling enlightened....far from it. What I meant is that once you awake you don't WORRY about anything. You no longer have that nagging fear factor hanging over you like a dark cloud. You know that the universe willl provide you with exactly the experiences and things you need to continue your journey.

Maybe that includes something crappy....but that's OK too! The difference is you no longer get wrapped up in the negative thinking and fear that dominates too many peoples lives. The PTB broadcast fear in every way they can so that they can maintain control and further their bizarro plans for the world. But I say Let them have it! I plan on being in the new 4th dimensional Earth that already exists just one channel away on the dial. The negative energy vampires can suck the carcass of the 3D world dry- and then what will they do? Maybe finally realize how misguided they were and begin their LONG, LONG path back to the Light.

Namaste!
-Boypony

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I must say though, that these threads are the ones I look for. I am glad this is up high on the list. There are so many negative threads about doom and gloom lately that topics such as these are quite refreshing.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

How does a pebble die ?

Lots of screaming usually. Occasionally some begging and pleading too. Its pretty horrific. I saw it on "Faces of Death" once I think. I dont recommend it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

It is kind of like once you see life through the viewpoint of Truth. You no longer buy into and become caught up in the content of the moment. This leaves you free to see each moment as it is, fresh and new.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
An external force is always needed, even to make a simple decision. Whether it is the force that implants thoughts into your head, or a physical source external of the mind.

To deny externalization is also to deny internalization. In an awakened state decisions still have to be made. Cruise control is okay, but you stay at one speed. The change in vibration is the change in reality. Limitations and boundaries are part of the growing, learning, and living of this reality.

Is that the scientology logo in your avatar ?

also :

"Cruise control is okay"
You cracked me up with this

[edit on 21-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

Some have asked that question before, so I am assuming it is. Didn't know. lol. Now I know why you are laughing.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
this is my first post on ATS. I have been checking this board daily for quite some time now, but have refused to create an account and get in on the topics because, well, alot of the threads i see are so negative and people are so rude and egotistical behind the keyboard.

but this threads first post was the first thread i have seen that made me want to drop in my 2 cents. it brought me back to my awakening. which was the most incredible day of my life.

whoever started this thread, thank you for that. i remember when i felt everything you spoke about and more. How i cried at the sight of a beautiful little girl dancing around her mother and others on the festival grounds, looking so happy and loving. How i was awestruck that i was the christ, and the christ was me. how all of the love i could have ever asked for just poured into my awareness and out of my being, turning the heads of everyone i walked past. throwing the dirty money out of my pockets onto the ground for someone else who still had a desire for such things. there are no words to describe how magnificent the feeling is.

However, after the awakening the feelings of strong compassion and love for every single piece of life and energy around me slowly faded as i dropped back into my every day life. i separated myself from everyone i knew for a few months and went into a deep confusion and slight depression after that because i was so hungry to have that feeling back.

since then, i have gotten my feet back on the ground and continue to just do my best to live with utmost compassion. although i have my problems like everyone else, and alot of the time my lower self still shines through, i have been steadily following the light, knowing that one day soon, the day will come when i am reunited with that glorious cosmic feeling.

thank you so much for taking me back to that.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
Some have asked that question before, so I am assuming it is. Didn't know. lol. Now I know why you are laughing.

Ok. Be careful, I remember a kid who got in trouble because he wore an armband with a swastika during some dress-up party.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

How does a pebble die ?

well in a particular instance I cracked in half,
it was a dry season, and something stepped on me.
seemed like as ostrich, or tough gray birdfoot,
though I was sedimentary rock by then,
quite close to moving onto being a more conscious lifeform (bacteria, algae, fungi).

I had traveled some ways down a mountain by then,
well into a plateau, carried by wind and water,
It was certainly interesting for me at the time.

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Lots of screaming usually. Occasionally some begging and pleading too. Its pretty horrific. I saw it on "Faces of Death" once I think. I dont recommend it.

How about joy and happy, love and acceptance?
Yes, embrace of game exit,
game enter quite attainable.
Have fun in game now,
that's what it's for,
fun and learning
edutainment. :-)

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link