It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Awakening- a taste of what it's like

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by smashenator

You remind me of the guy in the matrix who wants to go back in. He doesnt like the truth and wants to go back to his cushy ignorant existence. I guess the ultimate question is: to TRUTH or not to TRUTH!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

Or you can just have your head screwed on right and question reality, thats what I did 20 years ago although its all a bit obvious now and so more and more people are beginning to question reality.

I've slowly watched the agenda unfold before my eyes and now it appears that I have to read bewildering baffle about meditation and daft bongo drums being the key to the awakening process, lol.

I'm afraid not my friend, its all part of the plan, like a magician unmasked who shows you behind the scenes of his illusion and yet it was all so obvious, you should of known, the signs were everywhere.

lol

There will be no star and flag from me I'm afraid, I know the difference between awakening and delusion

[edit on 21-4-2010 by EvilTwin666]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

I was actually referring to "gain" as a whole. As in the grand design. I did star your post anyway because I enjoyed the questions you posed.

Understood on the gain aspect.

Well, I'll tell you what I have personally gained. I've gained complete freedom to do anything that I choose. I've gained piece of mind and the willingness to love others. I've learned the life is not nearly as serious as I insisted that it was. I've gained knowledge and internal wisdom, and enjoy sharing it with anyone who will participate.

Personally, I enjoy helping others, living in a positive fashion, and uplifting the collective whole. The way I look at it, if I can make at least one person a day smile in my presence, then I have done a greater good. It can be subtle or it can be huge. Ultimately, it helps to spread happiness and uplift the collective. For me, positivity is a must. I spent years in the hole of negativity and confusion... and damn, it was completely rotten. It caused body tension, anxiety, paranoia, and all sorts of other things that I'd rather not rehash. But, in the end, after all of the searching and constant effort...I finally broke through.

So, I guess my answer is that the ultimate gain is greater wisdom and love to the collective. Self-service is a path to the dark side, therefore, I enjoy doing just the opposite.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I've been traversing this site and just recently joined as a member.

It's amazing to me that there are so many spiritual people here.

I enjoyed the original post as you lay out what I believe completely well.

We are our own Gods, we are are own controllers of our destinies. Why is it that the original teachings of so many religions have hints of searching within for the truth? Why is it that internal clarity of thought and intent is so emphasized?

In our human shells, I believe we've been suppressed of our true capabilities in thoughts, emotions, and supernatural manipulation. This is because it has grown to be taboo to believe in these types of things, but luckily, as of late, it seems this is reversing and we're entering into some sort of spiritual awakening age.

If you think about it, the reason our spiritual abilities and knowledge may have been suppressed because SO few people were able to achieve this and still so few are able to achieve this. Society comes with this mindset that is exemplified so easily by the following:

"Everyone has an iPod, therefore the Zune must suck."

compare to

"Everyone doesn't think the way that "person who claims he is spiritually awakened thinks," so he must be a loony."

Yet, I know deep down, everyone who listens to someone like that takes it to heart, but suppresses it themselves because they're afraid to "be shunned."

Those who feel enlightened generally overcome that obstacle. I'm not going to say I'm awakened, but I've experienced some amazing things in my life.

I've always been interested in spirituality as a child and even when I was little, questioned the existence of God.

The peak of my supernatural awakening occurred when I was coming into High School. I was at the point in control of my body that I had contracted the flu but believed that I could over come it in a day. For one whole day, I meditated focusing internally, breathing, and telling my body what to do. In essence, controlling my cells. I was completely fine by that night.

Unfortunately, I've regressed and stopped with the meditation. However, I still believe that we all have the ability to achieve great potentials if we truly desire to.

Although we may or may not be Gods, I know for a fact that we are a thousand fold more capable than we give ourselves credit for.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I have a big question. so what does this all mean exactly for the New World Order, and everything cynical going on in the world? Do we just say that it this is meant to be at the present time and that we shouldn't do anything about this? For example no one has the need to "fix tihngs" in the world and everything is perfect as it is. Regardless of how "awakened" we are, we are still under some control by our governemnt, and they still have direct influence over our everyday lives. We still have to defend our rights, no? I just get the impression that when everyone who's awakened says the world is perfect the way it is, that it is because we are lucky. We do not live in Iraq where our lives are threatened everyday. We are free from war (at least war that is immediately in our face during our everyday lives). I wonder how youre reaction would be if you were in one of these shaky situations. Would you have an urge to help a person next to you? To help them and yourself make the best of this situation? I feel like the way every awakened person on this thread makes it sound like it's wrong to intervene with absolutely anything. Like its wrong to help another human being because everyone is where they are for a particular reason.

Could someone provide some enlightenment? Thanks.

-Switch182

[edit on 21-4-2010 by switch182]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilTwin666
reply to post by Boypony

Or you can just have your head screwed on right and question reality, thats what I did 20 years ago although its all a bit obvious now and so more and more people are beginning to question reality.

I've slowly watched the agenda unfold before my eyes and now it appears that I have to read bewildering baffle about meditation and daft bongo drums being the key to the awakening process, lol.

I'm afraid not my friend, its all part of the plan, like a magician unmasked who shows you behind the scenes of his illusion and yet it was all so obvious, you should of known, the signs were everywhere.

lol

There will be no star and flag from me I'm afraid, I know the difference between awakening and delusion

[edit on 21-4-2010 by EvilTwin666]

Well, if you know the difference between awakening and delusion...what is it???

Because, I've attained a completely negative vibration to your posts. It doesn't take someone who is aware to be able to see it though.

Take a look at what you represent. This, by the way, is a quick observation from this post only.
1. Look at your Avatar. This tells me loads about the state of mind that you are in. You are into conspiracy. You've probably studied the illuminati, are anti-freemason, and spend the majority of the time worrying yourself sick about the coming conspiracy of the NWO and how its being played out all around us.

Although this is one of the steps to becoming aware, it only serves to feed your own paranoia and keeps you in this state of anger and frustration. (I've been there, so, I know exactly how you feel.)

2. Look at what this Avatar symbolizes. You've got the all seeing eye in the pyramid with 666 written beneath it in a very dark undertone.

You must understand that this is a reflection of your mind and the current state in which you perceive the world. And the way you perceive the world is almost entirely negative. Truly, this is a path to mental imprisonment, AKA...the Dark side.

But, at least you're learning to look around and notice that there's something wrong with the world around you. For that, you deserve applause.

Nonetheless, you can usually tell where a person is emotionally by the way that they approach and interpret the world that they live in. This is your Universe too. You can choose to entertain the paranoia and the negativity, or, you can flip that switch and start appreciating the things that you have and the people who are in your life.

Just an observation.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Don't even bother. I've read some of his posts, and they're all more or less like that, full of misinfo and negativity.

He probably thinks it's funny or something.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
And one last question: what does is anyone's take on "everything happens for a reason"? In your opinion is that true?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by switch182
And one last question: what does is anyone's take on "everything happens for a reason"? In your opinion is that true?

Yes...I'm more than positive that everything happens for a reason. Including down to this very exchange right now.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
An external force is always needed, even to make a simple decision. Whether it is the force that implants thoughts into your head, or a physical source external of the mind.

To deny externalization is also to deny internalization. In an awakened state decisions still have to be made. Cruise control is okay, but you stay at one speed. The change in vibration is the change in reality. Limitations and boundaries are part of the growing, learning, and living of this reality.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Actually I believe it's more "everything happens because of something else"

But if you want, yes, everything happens for a reason. It's really a matter of perspective ! It is always possible to find a reason afterwards if you look deep enough...

If your bottom line question is "is everything already written", it's another subject though.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
An external force is always needed, even to make a simple decision. Whether it is the force that implants thoughts into your head, or a physical source external of the mind.

To deny externalization is also to deny internalization. In an awakened state decisions still have to be made. Cruise control is okay, but you stay at one speed. The change in vibration is the change in reality. Limitations and boundaries are part of the growing, learning, and living of this reality.

Is that the scientology logo in your avatar ?

also :

"Cruise control is okay"
You cracked me up with this

[edit on 21-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I have a big question. so what does this all mean exactly for the New World Order, and everything cynical going on in the world? Do we just say that it this is meant to be at the present time and that we shouldn't do anything about this? For example no one has the need to "fix tihngs" in the world and everything is perfect as it is. Regardless of how "awakened" we are, we are still under some control by our governemnt, and they still have direct influence over our everyday lives. We still have to defend our rights, no? I just get the impression that when everyone who's awakened says the world is perfect the way it is, that it is because we are lucky. We do not live in Iraq where our lives are threatened everyday. We are free from war (at least war that is immediately in our face during our everyday lives). I wonder how youre reaction would be if you were in one of these shaky situations. Would you have an urge to help a person next to you? To help them and yourself make the best of this situation? I feel like the way every awakened person on this thread makes it sound like it's wrong to intervene with absolutely anything. Like its wrong to help another human being because everyone is where they are for a particular reason.

Could someone provide some enlightenment? Thanks.

-Switch182

Allow me to share with you my insignificant insight on the questions you pose.

The need to be awaken had always been initiated into mankind time to time throughout the centuries, when man gained power and over-ruled other men.

Power corrupts and absolute corrupts absolutely. In the times of pre- French renaissance, revolution, American Independence, Civil War, Communism, WW2, Vietnam, etc happened because man deem himself an all powerful Almighty and subjugated the rest of humanity.

As a result, our forefathers had to be awakened to the dangers posed by such evil men, beginning with the few who then created 'mental awareness' to reach out to others to topple such despots.

The Financial crisis happened, and imminent Earth Changes are at hand. Thus many are awakened, to look around, and with their own free will to reach out and help others achieve mental awareness on social problems and find solutions.

It may not need to resort to arms, as we have political infrastructures that may help topple such shadowy figures safely without loss of precious lives, but there is a need to mount the masses to demand a better share and equitable sharing of wealth to everyone in the world, more so when the effects of Earth Changes climaxes.

The awaken do not only come from ATS. Many more out there in the world are being awakened, to reach out, to share, and prepare for Nature's changes, without fear, but with courage.

May this help you understand what is going on....

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

I think you, BoyPony, and Unity are all THREE correct! God is found not only in happy kindness but also in challenging people's beliefs. God is found in Buddhist monks but also in a church pastor on Sunday. God is found in awakening experiences but also in sad experiences of loss. God is found in beautiful flowers but also in frogs and dirt and mud. God is everything, every belief. It is only the mind, the ego, that would make a distinction or a preference of one thing over another. All of your experiences, even though each is different, are IT. Some things may be better at pointing people to ONE than other things but I think you eventually get to a point where unity can be seen in every experience no matter how divine or mundane it may seem.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Great post. Another way to look at this is to consider that people do not exist. There is only God expressing itself. There is an apparent appearance of different separate people but that is illusion. It has to be if Oneness is true. It is just the other angle of looking at every person as God.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

I believe that when you see the truth for what it is you no longer view the world as imperfect. That means that everything is perfect and in its rightful order. You will see that it is only your ego mind that is labeling things as good/bad. It is only the ego-mind that would consider another human to be suffering rather than playing the exact part that the person was meant to play in this cosmic performance.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

To BE or not to BE....That is the question!

And it is also the answer!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Puresilence

So is that predetermination or free-will? I would have to say predetermination at least starting at the part where the sufferer is condemned to suffer as part of their role in the performance.

Is the sufferer privy to the fact that their suffering is part of the perfect harmony?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boypony

As long as you look to the sky for an external God, you will never find him. As Christ himself said The kingdom of Heaven lies within. And if Heaven is within yourself- don't you think God might be there too?

Hence the wise and ancient admonition to "Know Thyself."

As Krishnamurti said when he dissolved the Order of the Star, (The whole speech may be read here)

www.jkrishnamurti.org...

I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organize a belief. A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organize it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallized; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others. This is what everyone throughout the world is attempting to do. Truth is narrowed down and made a plaything for those who are weak, for those who are only momentarily discontented. Truth cannot be brought down, rather the individual must make the effort to ascend to it. You cannot bring the mountain-top to the valley. If you would attain to the mountain-top you must pass through the valley, climb the steeps, unafraid of the dangerous precipices.

Everyone who might truly be thought to have awakened has advocated this. And the vast majority of those who hear it reject it, or twist it somehow to make it into a religion in and of itself.

Its the way it is. Its not wrong that most cannot hear it.

From Lao Tzu; academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu...

When a superior man hears of the Tao,
he immediately begins to embody it.
When an average man hears of the Tao,
he half believes it, half doubts it.
When a foolish man hears of the Tao,
he laughs out loud.
If he didn't laugh,
it wouldn't be the Tao.

Thus it is said:
The path into the light seems dark,
the path forward seems to go back,
the direct path seems long,
true power seems weak,
true purity seems tarnished,
true steadfastness seems changeable,
true clarity seems obscure,
the greatest are seems unsophisticated,
the greatest love seems indifferent,
the greatest wisdom seems childish.

The Tao is nowhere to be found.
Yet it nourishes and completes all things.

It is why none of the mystics try too hard to be understood. As Jesus said, "Let he (she) who has ears hear."

Even what you have said, though true, is of no use to those who dont already know it to some degree, or who were on the verge of knowing it anyway.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puresilence
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Great post. Another way to look at this is to consider that people do not exist. There is only God expressing itself. There is an apparent appearance of different separate people but that is illusion. It has to be if Oneness is true. It is just the other angle of looking at every person as God.

This is true - in a way.

Physical is a thought energy creation. Given the independence of individual thought and free will.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join