It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Awakening- a taste of what it's like

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Thank you for this post. I think that you are very level headed and have a much better understanding as compared to the "have fun, just a game, enjoy the ride" crowd.

Again. Thank you. This is what I needed.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

So are you implying that we should take everything VERY seriously and be unhappy and not enjoy life?

I personally wouldn't want to live that way.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Regarding judging situations (any situation), good, bad, etc....

JUDGMENT AND CONFLICT

Remember that judgments are derived from what you believe to be right or wrong with the world. They are not necessarily related to the Truth about the world.

Judgments fragment. They divide what is Wholly Perfect into "acceptable" and "unacceptable" categories determined solely by what you believe to be true and not by what you KNOW to be Truth.

Do you see the difference?

Whenever you judge people or situations, you encircle them with beliefs about who you think they are, and forget who you know them to be in Truth. You blind yourselves to the Truth About Them.

It stands to reason that if your perceptions about a person or situation are limited to your beliefs about them, then your understanding of them will be limited, too. You will be unable to recognize their Wholeness, or their Divinity. And if you fail to recognize this in others, how will you see it in yourself? This is the root cause of conflict.

Let me repeat that.

Forgetting your Divinity is the root cause of all conflict.

When you forget your Divinity, when you forget that you, and those you share this world with, are incarnations of God's Love, then you have to rely on limited beliefs, opinions, judgments, and other forms of incomplete information to navigate your way through life and through relationships. Ask yourselves, what else but misunderstanding and conflict can come from this?

And in suffering situations, if you see the situation as just BEING, you are in observer mode and you can use detached compassion in deciding how to respond to it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

I'm absolutely not saying that. I'm just asking you to question what your purpose is. If your purpose is simply to enjoy your own life, what would that gain?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You are welcome. One can only offer what has been found on their path and offering is a very deep part of us. But claiming one understands or knows is somewhat of a path of ego and its important to be aware of this. The reason is that another being can only take another being so far in perspective....to truly have understanding of it, the being places the will to understand, to seek the experience of understanding, for themselves. Only then it will be truth for them.

So as I may come forth with a answer that may resonate with you...I also lower my head in the idea that I am claiming 'I know'.

This is where I must say, dont take my word for it or anyones else, for the opportunity to seek it and understand it is always there when one is sincerely seeking and ready for it.

But as others have posted on here...it will floor you, it will pull the world out from under you....you will be changed.

Enjoying the conversation...I keep logging back in to respond...but I mst go for now.

The moment I think I know...is the moment I need to remind myself, I know nothing.

My best
LV

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

This is deep.. the meaning of life :drumroll:

It depends. To learn. To evolve, mentally. To finally die. And everything between. Live, love, learn. To learn the basics. Maybe have family. To cry, to feel. To laugh my a- off. To stress, to get angry. To get relieved. To know pain, know ecstasy. To know my own mind, and the different levels it has.

Most of all, TO LOOOVE.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hey Guys...had to post the lyrics from the song "No Such Thing" by John Mayer...I''m gonna underline the parts that ring so true to me. I wonder how he found out that there's "no such thing"? Seems like he had some kind of awakening. Great song.

"Welcome to the real world", she said to me (school?)
Condescendingly
Take a seat
Take your life
Plot it out in black and white
Well I never lived the dreams of the prom kings
And the drama queens
I'd like to think the best of me
Is still hiding
Up my sleeve

They love to tell you
Stay inside the lines
But something's better
On the other side

I wanna run through the halls of my high school
I wanna scream at the
Top of my lungs
I just found out there's no such thing as the real world
Just a lie you got to rise above

So the good boys and girls take the so called right track
Faded white hats
Grabbing credits
Maybe transfers
They read all the books but they can't find the answers
And all of our parents
They're getting older
I wonder if they've wished for anything better
While in their memories
Tiny tragedies

They love to tell you
Stay inside the lines
But something's better
On the other side

I wanna scream at the
Top of my lungs
Just a lie you got to rise above

I am invincible (x3)
As long as I'm alive
(forever!)

I wanna scream at the
Top of my lungs
Just a lie you've got to rise above

I just can't wait til my 10 year reunion
I'm gonna bust down the double doors
And when I stand on these tables before you
You will know what all this time was for

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

I applaud you Sir. Fine lyrics that is.

Mayer's got it in a bag.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yeah. I think that pretty much closes this thread for me.

Thanks for the responses.

Take 'er easy, brahs.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
Yeah. I think that pretty much closes this thread for me.

Thanks for the responses.

Take 'er easy, brahs.

Eww, don't be so negative. You could give us your view too.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

I liked the response. Had to laugh.

But yeah...things are going to unfold pretty naturally. Everything will fall right in place just when it should. I promise.

If you're awakened, you'll know exactly what to do and how to do it.

Much love to you and all...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

Uplifting to hear friend, more and more people everyday are waking up to this illusion we call reality.

Peace be with you

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

I'm absolutely not saying that. I'm just asking you to question what your purpose is. If your purpose is simply to enjoy your own life, what would that gain?

Well then, you need to ask yourself..."What is it that you want to gain?" If someone wants to simply enjoy their lives, then, that's the "gain" in question.

What are your objectives??? And if you have objectives, create a strategy and make it happen.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

If you're awakened, you'll know exactly what to do and how to do it.

Much love to you and all...

I was serious
I did it.

I just don't know exactly how it fits in "the grand scheme of things".

Much love to you too

[edit on 21-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Sorry. That was a knee jerk reaction. I'm just really trying to analyze what my views are and I don't need a Mayer song thrown in there.

That's really what it boils down to for me. I don't know what it's all about. I don't know what happens when we die. I read things. I feel things. I hear things. But I don't know.

I mean we are all here for something. Do I want to enjoy it? Absolutely. Do I want to make the most of it? Positively yes! But what does it all mean?

No clue. But I can't imagine that it's all some kind of eternal game were I choose to be what I am over and over again just to have fun. Believing that life is a never ending cycle where we never truly die is the same level of hope that Christian preachers are handing out.

But on the brighter side...questioning is closer to finding answers than not.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Ok so I know Boypony awoke from lucid dreaming. If you could expand just a little bit on exactly what you do, because I always have rediculously vivid dreams. What do you exactly search for in your lucid dream?

and what about the others on this post such as Blujay and EvolvedMinistry? How did you two awaken?

I am just trying to find different ways to experiment with and see which way is best for me (lucid dreaming, meditation, etc).

Thanks.

-switch182

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

I was actually referring to "gain" as a whole. As in the grand design. I did star your post anyway because I enjoyed the questions you posed.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbitBut what does it all mean?

Well thats one big question. It might just be that it's limbo and that everything is dream. That is actually one idea that really scares me, but then I remember that "Hey! Don't be afraid! Ever".

If everything is a dream (and in a way it is) that gives you huge amount of freedom, because nothing is really real. It can be really fun, but scary sometimes.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Emptiness Dancing

Thank you for your response and the beautiful post. The percentage example you mention is pretty accurate. I personally believe, at least at this time in human evolution, that we have to strike a good balance between states. This way you can experience and see things from Oneness/Truth and also still function in this illusion. Very soon, however, I think we are going to be moving the balance more to the Oneness side and be experiencing more and more unity as people awaken. WE are all ONE GOD. Yes, that means that YOU ARE GOD! It is not a SIN to know you are GOD, even though the bible may be making you think so.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Yep. I understand your frustrations and questions.

There's a million answers that I could give to you that would serve as a minor comfort, but, ultimately, that takes the fun out of the equation.

The Universe is one huge, and very vast, ocean of never ending energy. You are a part of that system, making you as infinite as the system itself. From that, a vortex of questions and answers are proposed, and one answer will inevitably will lead you to a multitude, if not infinite amount of additional questions. Until you remove the veil, this is the cycle that will perpetuate itself.

However, once you come to terms with the reality of what you are living/experiencing, then things become much easier and you realize that there really isn't much left to stress about.

Keep looking. You'll see.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join