It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Awakening- a taste of what it's like

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Emptiness Dancing

quote from Emptiness Dancing:
"I thought I was going completely NUTS!! I was seriously on the edge of an abyss, looking in and seeing only myself staring back. I was one with God! I could hear the trees cheer as the sun rose. As I went about my daily life I would encounter strangers and when I looked at them I could see my spirit in their eyes looking back at me."

Emptiness:
Wow. Awesome post..gave me goosebumps of remembering my experience. And you being a Pentecostal preacher revealing this Awakening is HUGE. Kindof makes church irrevelent, eh? NOW YOU KNOW. Maybe now that you have opened up here you will be able to help others by showing them there is more to spirituality than Sunday Church. I wish every religious leader on the planet could have this experience......the world would be changed in a heartbeat. Thank You again for your courage in revealing your enlightenment!! Bravo! Bet you feel better, eh?

I love the part about the trees! The first thing I noticed after being outside in my awakening was THE TREES!! They were all vying for my attention like puppies! They would say 'Look at Me! Look at Me! See how big I''ve grown for you! Very Cool.

Namaste! (the God in me fondly greets the God in you!)

-Boypony

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Boypony]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
the break down of the information that the user in the original post added was beautiful. like he stated there are diffrent paths to reaching enlightment, and as humans we are a linked and connected, but the search boils down to us individualy, each must acheive this thru diffrent methods. let your spirt be you guide. learn to understand that our reality is molded by our own thoughts, all we are is the result of what we have thought. and what we think we become.(buddah) learn to start seeing this world in which we physically live in, in a new light. dont be pushed into living in the world that was enginereed for us to forget our true self. we are being dumbed down by propoganda, and the constant external fruitless activities which constantly bombard us, and keep us from focusing on ourself. i personally agree that religion was established as a method of crowd control, but i know of people that have reached diffrent stages of spirtuality with thier faith in religion. the act of believing in something to a great extent triggers our minds, and can be a positive and healthy in many cases. our individual journey will lead us into our own path. reasearching and being knowledgable is always smart how else can we aquire diffrent reasourses. how else would we have found ourselfs in this website. its time to start relying and understanding our body and mind cycles, moving at that pace and time kind of like indians, they were so intune with astrological and natrual asspect of this world its cool . not moving at the time in which we currently live our lifes by. obiously you have to be concious of everything invovled in our current livelyhood, but these changes were crucial for me.
thats all i wabted to add for now

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Oouthere

If you feel the need to be involved in a war! go sign up to join the Army. That is your choice

If it is video games you desire! Play them

Each and everyone is confronted with decisions to make, each and every moment the choices you make will be the outcome of your life.

Awakening is not what they speak of here in this forum. That is all I am saying and to be truly Awakened is not what anyone would won’t in this world.

If you have been Awakened there is no purpose or need for your existence in this world.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by smashenator]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JustStop

I came to my awakening without reading any of the stuff I read now. Before my experience, I read a little bit here and there of spirituality, some of kabbalah, tarot, and some books about the afterlife. I was raised Fundamental Baptist which I abandoned at age 17, moving to agnosticism of a sort and finally forming a tenuous belief that there IS something else based on my own experiences, not what I was told I would/should experience and not based on what other people experienced.

That experience drew me to different websites in search of understanding what happened. I had lots of words/concepts come to mind I had never heard of before and I looked them up. I tried understanding why I was thinking of "one" and "unity" all the time which led me to the idea of Christ Consciousness. I began seeing 11:11 all the time. I had associational thoughts that were bordering on bizarre, but actually I think were closer to the truth than the "reality" others want to impose upon people.

Then a few years later, I decided to become initiated into the spiritual practice of Sant Mat and meditation. Sant Mat teaches that there are inner planes to discover...and I'm still on that journey. I don't "know" exactly what I'll find through meditation, but I'm going to base my understanding on my own experiences. If I don't experience it, then it doesn't exist for me.

For me, synchronicity has been my guide. I've also learned to let go of some people/things. This was not easy....as the "world" teaches you that there are some things you should never give up....or people you should never leave. I think actually you have to be willing to walk away from "IT all" in order to find yourself....not that you have to actually do it, but that you must be willing. At least that's where I am in my own personal understanding of MY path.

The strangest thing is that I've had family members tell me that they just want me to be "happy" and they don't understand that I am! I don't accumulate wealth the way they do and the "security" they seek in houses, cars, jobs, etc. However, I find myself happy nonetheless with no mortgage payment, a car that works, and relationships that work. I have the time to read and delve into my personal development. I have time to experience nature, dig my hands into the ground and garden, and to enjoy what is before me. I last had a watch 23 years ago.

I don't worry about dying. Whether my "story" of how the universe works is "true" or not, whether I continue on or disappear into dust...I'm ok with that. Not knowing for sure is also ok. I have a strong feeling that things work a certain way, but I'm also honest enough to say at this point, I'm not exactly sure...just happy to be along for the ride....

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

ED,

I felt the same thing you did, as feeling all of creation. There is a movie I saw again after this "experience" that kinda described it for me. I'm not sure what movie it is in, but it was a popular one a few years ago (science fiction) where animals are progressing through evolution over time. This kinda explained how I felt, I felt like I was all of those animals, beginning to end, that's the best way I can describe feeling like ALL of creation. Strange.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by smashenator
My awakening experience: Warning all you out there, These people that say that they have experienced an awakening do not have a clue.

Enjoy what you don’t know about life’s great mystery while you are still alive. Life is short, Be happy, have fun and enjoy yourselves.

It brought me to my knees I had tears running down my face and I am scared S H I T L E S S. I don’t have much time left now because I have been Awakened and it is impossible to come back to the normal reality of this world once you know.

The true fact is you will want to be placed straight back into the reality that we live in when and if you experience an awakening.
I am not kidding, just play the game and enjoy it for what it is, because when you find out this so called awakening you will wish you had just left things as they are.

You don’t want to be awakened trust me. This world we live in has been created to be enjoyed and once you know (AWAKENED) there is no longer a place for you here.

Originally posted by Josephus23 reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

I have also heard the "Dark Night of the Soul" called... "Chapel Perilous" Either way.... the metaphors still convey the same basic message. Meeting "God"(self, whatever....) Will either be TOTAL ENLIGHTENMENT or COMPLETE FEAR. There can be no in between.

Hang on my friend ! You have to learn to go further. That fear wants you. Don't let it win. If it may be of any help find confort by people you like, by Jesus or Buddha, whatever works for you. You will succeed !

The "awakening" only tells you what you want to be told, or what you are afraid to be told. Don't believe everything... There is something up there (or deep within
), God, the Father, Gaia, the One, the Source, whatever, and this thing is Love. Trust "It", trust in your strength to overcome your fears.

You've only taken one step, there are many others
And YOU decide wich direction you go.

Peace to you.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boypony

They were all vying for my attention like puppies! They would say 'Look at Me! Look at Me! See how big I''ve grown for you!

(the God in me fondly greets the God in you!)

Hi Boypony,

As much as I like your OP, as much I have to give you an advice...

I know the enthusiasm you feel after that experience, feeling like the hero of the story and all. But be careful, there are many more lessons after that.

A very important one is humility.

You have to learn to respect the sensitivity of other people. I don't find your posts offensive, but by keeping to call yourself God you may hurt many people. Even if it's not your intent.

Some people are deeply religious and need the image of a One God, perfect. Not thousands of lil' gods on Earth. You may call yourself a "shard" of God's reflection for example, or whatever you like, but if we are One as you say, you have to learn to feel empathy with others. Who are we to say "nay, religion is a mirage. Leave the churches and find God in you ?". I don't need to go to the Church, but some people do ! And it feels good to them ! Respect their choice

Action-Reaction. The more pride you put in your sentences, the more jalousy you will reap.

Please, take note of my words if they mean something to you :

WE NEVER STOP LEARNING

Oh and have fun in this life, it's a gift. Damn, EACH DAY is a gift. When you get such a gift you say thank you and make something great of it

Sorry for the unrequested advice, I love your enthusiasm but sometimes temperance is required

Peace my friend

[edit on 21-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

namestae ponyboy. thankyou so much for sharing. some will "grok" it. others------later.
you give me hope that consciousness is really heightening slowly around the world and that war may become superfluous.

for any who experience fear with "awakening", you must leave EVERYTHING behind.

my experience of oneness with sand rocks grass and trees occurred immediately after a shipwreck on the great barrier reef. it lasted less than an hour probably, never to be forgotten.

some, very few, external things still hold my attention, so there is an incomplete maturity of mind. when i am totally detached i feel the "real" will take me over, although it seems to stub its toes every 14 years or so.
:

PS: you have been chided for referring to yourself (and everyone) as God.
pray tell me who else could you be? i remember a yogini in katoomba mountains saying;-"you are Gods, so you might as well get good at it!

as for learning, everything we've learned will have to be unlearned, for the "real" to take over.(ramana maharshi)

[edit on 21-4-2010 by orangutang]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Awesome post Boypony ! all the naysayers are still on the 'books learning these steps' to bloddy wake up :O

hate us be angry at us it will only close you up more.

peace

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

My awakening experience: Warning all you out there, These people that say that they have experienced an awakening do not have a clue.

Enjoy what you don’t know about life’s great mystery while you are still alive. Life is short, Be happy, have fun and enjoy yourselves.

It brought me to my knees I had tears running down my face and I am scared S H I T L E S S. I don’t have much time left now because I have been Awakened and it is impossible to come back to the normal reality of this world once you know.

The true fact is you will want to be placed straight back into the reality that we live in when and if you experience an awakening.
I am not kidding, just play the game and enjoy it for what it is, because when you find out this so called awakening you will wish you had just left things as they are.

You don’t want to be awakened trust me. This world we live in has been created to be enjoyed and once you know (AWAKENED) there is no longer a place for you here.

You're not even close to being awake my friend. You're still in your fear stage and it is obvious you have not overcome it yet.

When you're awake, everything is at your disposal. When you're awake, everything becomes beautiful and the transference of love and truth is the only thing that you live for.

When you're awake, you seek to show others this path so that they can find themselves as well.

When you're asleep...you still struggle with fears, warn others and spread your fear into them (like you just did).

What you have had is more like a glimpse. And, a glimpse when you're first discovering the other side, is usually the antithesis to the truth and, or awakening. That's your ego desperately trying to remain intact and will use any fear tactic in order to maintain itself.

Much love to all...

[edit on 21-4-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

You're not even close to being awake my friend. You're still in your fear stage and it is obvious you have not overcome it yet.

When you're awake, everything is at your disposal. When you're awake, everything becomes beautiful and the transference of love and truth is the only thing that you live for.

When you're awake, you seek to show others this path so that they can find themselves as well.

When you're asleep...you still struggle with fears, warn others and spread your fear into them (like you just did).

What you have had is more like a glimpse. And, a glimpse when you're first discovering the other side, is usually the antithesis to the truth and, or awakening. That's your ego desperately trying to remain intact and will use any fear tactic in order to maintain itself.

Much love to all...

[edit on 21-4-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

do you see beautiful thing in everything?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Well said. The current PTB wants you to be fearful, confuse you, get you tangled up.. what's their worst enemy? A couple of clear-minded individuals which some knowledge and a plan.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

A couple of clear-minded individuals which some knowledge and a plan.

We do have a plan ? Nobody told me ! Guess I should have attended the meetings more often

Peace

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

Well you know what i'm sayin'.

2nd line.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Just so I can make sure I have the right takeaways...

1. We are all God
2. We are infinite
3. We are all things
4. We can, nay, we have chosen our path already
5. Life is a game
6. Life is a ride
7. It's all about learning

So. With these 7 truths, my question is why? What is the end goal? After you've reached the top, what are you supposed to do?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

SGF said:
"You have to learn to respect the sensitivity of other people. I don't find your posts offensive, but by keeping to call yourself God you may hurt many people. Even if it's not your intent.

Some people are deeply religious and need the image of a One God, perfect. Not thousands of lil' gods on Earth. You may call yourself a "shard" of God's reflection for example, or whatever you like, but if we are One as you say, you have to learn to feel empathy with others. Who are we to say "nay, religion is a mirage. Leave the churches and find God in you ?". I don't need to go to the Church, but some people do ! And it feels good to them ! Respect their choice."

SGF:
I know I seem to come across a bit intense.....but I've read so much from so many different people/books, etc....that mislead people and beat around the bush. As the old lady in the Wendy's commercial said years back- "WHERE''S THE BEEF?"

By being brutally honest I hope to shake people up. We all create our Reality by our thoughts. And in my Reality I know w/o any doubt that I am God. Sorry if that offends anyone...but it's the "God's Honest Truth"! And all of you are God too, you just need to REMEMBER. The vast majority of brainwashed masses of church type people need a wake-up call. I believe time is short for a big shift of some sort....and if you only know of the 3rd dimension, you may be stuck in it if you are not ready to make the jump.

I don't force my beliefs on anyone....if people were not interested in the Truth, they need not enter the fray of this thread. (ha...thread...fray..)
Sometimes the Truth hurts. But if it makes even one person question the nature of thier personal reality, it's all worth it.

Namaste!
-Boypony

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

So. With these 7 truths, my question is why? What is the end goal? After you've reached the top, what are you supposed to do?

Enjoy

Namaste.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Oouthere

If you feel the need to be involved in a war! go sign up to join the Army. That is your choice

If it is video games you desire! Play them

Each and everyone is confronted with decisions to make, each and every moment the choices you make will be the outcome of your life.

Awakening is not what they speak of here in this forum. That is all I am saying and to be truly Awakened is not what anyone would won’t in this world.

If you have been Awakened there is no purpose or need for your existence in this world.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by smashenator]

I dont think this is so much fear on your part smashenator as others may suggest to you, but I do believe there is much for you to see when ready.

To reach the prime image, we must have a will to 'let go'. What is of this 'world' and 'existence' as you say....are things that have purpose to teach us, but they are not what makes us. I think you are sad in the knowing that you are ignoring, that the will to 'let go' must be.

What may help you, is that you can choose to come back, your feeling of sadness about leaving here may be blueprinted into the idea that you are a guard to this sphere, incarnating many times, or that you just are not ready to let go of the Earthly things here. Being that you seem to be a seeker...I think it could be the later.

If you have experience the love of God, you know there is nothing to fear, and the sadness...is only a catalysts for you when you are ready to see it as such.

In what ever you are in need of, it is ok and just, for there are no mistakes, even in your sadness of letting go. Mabey look at it all and ask yourself why you are not ready to let go and venture more and beyond....it probably holds for you a great key of wisdom.

Mabey you are a bit angry about the idea that the next stop involves a offering of what is of Earth back to Earth? Mabey you would like to desire the comforts of Earth longer? And what ever it is....it is ok and a part of what is needed for you.

Just bringing thoughts, no facts, and hope in no offense.

LV

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Hi Boypony,

As much as I like your OP, as much I have to give you an advice...

I know the enthusiasm you feel after that experience, feeling like the hero of the story and all. But be careful, there are many more lessons after that.

One very important one is humility.

You have to learn to respect the sensitivity of other people. I don't find your posts offensive, but by keeping to call yourself God you may hurt many people. Even if it's not your intent

This is a really crucial point to make. We're not children. No one needs a Big Brother Daddy State of Fasicst Bloodlines trying to suppress freedoms to the point where any unorthodox opinion, anything other than slave, group homogonized pablum, is going to be offensive or upset someone.

Its GOOD to get upset at times, to feel challenged, stressed,to have those deep stirrings within. Its good to get into a heated debate, rather than suppress debate!

What is never ever going to be allowed, is FASISM of any kind!

Humility? I can think of a few bloodlines, and leaders who really need to learn some real humility.

Instead what is needed is a much stronger, more instrinsic concept of worth, both of self and all others, even nature, repsect, love, and an understanding of everyones Infinitenatures, and how profoundly equal and how much we are on fire with love for each other in the Beyond, where Dreams really DO COME TRUE!

Something that is REALLY good, especially when the masses are mind controlled by a small dark hearted elite, and held in a matrix of lies by intent, including in their psuedo religions that separate themselves from SELF, is to speak boldly and interject NEW concepts our in the open. Truth has a frequency, we respond in our hearts, in "time" where there is "no time".

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

How can you say that you are OF the ONE but are not GOD? If there is ONE, then you are certainly GOD. There can be no other way. Any other way would be separation. The illusion of separation is just that, an illusion.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join