It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it be so bad to be required to have a license to have a child?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I could totally see this happening... Oh of course, this is so oh so logical, and better for society, yes you are a god damn genius if you agree with the OP. *puke* But, do you really want to have to renew another license. Enough is enough already!

I'm almost finding myself wishing that I lived in the early 1900s when licenses were scarce, forms, contracts, paperwork, regulation... I might die from some disease at 35, but at least I wouldn't have to visit my grandchildren. I hate children. Hmm, maybe I'm a little biased.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

I would rather vote on the reformation of the systems/institutions/corporations responsible for making the majority of Earth unsustainable for families. The problem is not how many children there are, it is the upturning difficulty to even be capable of raising a functional family. To put a tax on having a kid would be the easy solution, despite the negative variables that would no doubt exist with such a law. But I don't believe that it is the real problem.

We don't need less children, we need more happy ones.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
No licence for a child, NO.

But a lot of people who have children, and there are very many people who have kids who are not qualified. Well, no-one is qualifed to have kids.

And a lot of people who want to adopt kids are so much better than the natural parents.

But the court would rather leave those kids with people who will abuse them.

Please help me make sense of this, and help those kids,

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Everyone advocating this is smugly imagining a group of people like themselves making decisions on whether "people like those" should be allowed to have a child.

Think. Who would you trust to have the power to prevent you or your descendants reproducing?
Someone like Obama, with Biden and crew to advise him? ... The White Pride folks will be convinced he's encouraging all the blacks to outbreed the whites so one day the Blacks can enslave them.

Sarah Palin? ... Yeah, she'd make fair and intelligent decisions.

Mitt Romney? ... You're 14 and Morman? - No worries, of course you can have all the children we can impregnate you with.

How about the duel nationals in government? Trust that lot to care about Americans?

Come to think of it, who wants to lower the American population drastically if other nations are going to keep breeding like flies? Gotta make this scene world wide, dudes!

Obviously we'll need to put the U.N. in control.

Or we could wait till the patient dragon, silent as dripping water, takes over the world and punishes it for the one child policy the rest of the world has forced on China for so long.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yes it would be as I don't support eugenics.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm all for it.

Let's start with that creepy Duggar family.
edit on 4-12-2010 by Darkrunner because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join