It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Addicted To Drugs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This has been on my mind for a while now.

Look back to the times of, say, World War 2.
People would commit suicide if they couldnt fight, a different world.

Could you imagine this happening now ?
people would commit suicide incast they got drafted.

We live in a world now, where most of the population is on drugs.
Be them from a drug dealer (illegil) or a Dr.

Most people I know, Aunts, Uncles, Friends etc are on some sort of opiates, OR tranquilizers.

It got me thinking.
Are we an asleep world ?
are we being kept sedated on a mass scale.

If so, why ?
was Endgame right ? was Alex Jones on the money ?
are we being kept in line ?

I watched Endgame last night, been meaning to watch it for a while, and I have to say, he does well presenting his case.
Video : Full :

As I say, it got me thinking.
Are we being medicated and kept in line ?

Would be a good discussion this perhaps.
I have started this low key, in the hope others that are more into this can get the debate going.

Thanks
Shauny

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Maybe people have become so selvish that they rather take thjeir own life then offer it to a war ?

In my case ? The hell with war !!! All wars on this planet are fought for power. Never ever does civilian life benefit from war. People that willingly risk their life to benefit someone else. Idiots !.

However I would definitely not kill myself. If I did that I could just as well sign up and get killed.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Many people are addicted to drugs. Oddly enough drug addiction was quite low in the 19th and early 20th century when opium, heroin, morphine, coc aine, marijuana etc were legal. This is because big pharma and their associates make billions of dollars a year through their control system. Our entire world paradigm has been changed. People are on "medicines" that are unsafe, have worse side effects than the malady they are prescribed for, and could be causing permanent damage to the human gene pool.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
My own belief is that we are being poisoned by everything, especially what we eat, from hormone dosed animals, to what is in our water, milk, etc....

This is what I think is driving people to having to be sedated.

Remember what you were like when your own hormones were kicking in, and when your body should be adjusting to your own, more are added to it?

This might sound funny, but seriously, look at girls who are 10 or 11 years old and physically developing very early.

This all has to have an effect on the mind also, I think. Our brains can't handle all the junk, so yeah, a lot of people need to be sedated!

To counter the poisons we consume, yes, one heck of a lot of people need to be sedated, so they won't do anything about the rest of the poison they consume!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

This is true, genetic modifications in our food supply will hurt us in the long run as people are now starting to see.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
30 to 40 years ago the family head of household was the traditional person bringing home the bacon. However, our would has become ever more complex. People are sucumbing from lack of downtime.

The thing is, it takes two people to make the mortage, pay the cars, insurances and taxes upon taxes. People work far more hours; as they are afraid to lose thier jobs in this fragile economy. The powers that be have made it difficult to afford general living expenses by one income alone for a small family. Even single people have difficulty making ends meet. Unless you make over 50K a year a single person, your circumstances are a bit tight.

People are stressed out and in my opinion we seek out vices to comfort ourselves.

On the other hand we have far better medical/medicine advances to treat those diseases we never had a name for years ago. Therefore, there are more drugs on the market.

Women bare the brunt. They work, take care of the kids and the home. It is no wonder we now have fibromyalgia, Lupus, obscure maladies, more cases of major depression, anxiety and list could go on and on.

Abuse will always exist. There many people who legitimately need medication. Those that are ligitimately in need rarely abuse medication. There are many studies to google to back this up.

Some people need escape, so they abuse. Its human nature and has been around as long as humans existed. Abusers peee me off to no end! It makes it harder for me to get the legitimate medical needs met.

Sorry for being all over the place with this, but your opening post is a complex issue. However, well worthy the discussion.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I wonder the same thing. Ever since i was put on anti-depressants and ADD meds i just can't think the way i used to. I used to write alot but now i can't be creative for the life of me it seems. And the anti-depressants make me em otionless and causes heart palpitations, which fuels my paranoia. I lost 10 pounds a week after the dosage was increased and i lost my appetite altogether, one of my friends got worried when i realized i hadn't eaten in 3 days and force fed me

The doctor did not really care as long as i got a refill and i wasn't dead, he kept bringing up a time when i passed out at home and all the tests i was put through to determine why were inconclusive and if anything similar had happened since. Yes, that didn't sound strange at all.
I canceled the prescription shortly after, I wanted my mind back and not find myself thinking what would happen if i swallowed a handful and went about my day.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by ItsAgentScully]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well, you have two choices in life. You can either escape reality and take illegal drugs or you can deal with reality and completely lose your mind and be put on drugs. I wound up fitting into the latter group. One way or another, in a sense, the title of your thread is correct. That's just the cold, hard truth.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I don't want to go to war because I am a pacifist. There is a difference between having balls to fight and having the will not to.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
First it’s important to note that America has had problems with drug addiction and at times more severely than today, well before World War II.

Up until the time of Prohibition in around the 1920’s, Heroine and Marijuana was legal, and Heroine was touted as amongst other things as a remedy for Headaches and was available complete with syringe through the JC Penny and Sears Roebuck Catalog.

China’s Opium addiction was so severe at one point a hundred years earlier the Emperor practically begged British and American suppliers to stop flooding China with the drug.

Drugs go back a long time.

Further drugs and war go together, many of today’s prescription painkillers, including, oxy-codone, and methadone, were developed by the German army to give their soldiers to fight fatigue and to march and fight longer and harder, and make service in the Army and the War seemingly more pleasurable.

Some surviving Americans from the Battle of the Bulge, the big German Counter Offensive to the Allied Invasion of Europe in late 1944, swear that the Germans had to be stoned and hopped up when they started the offensive; they fought with such inhuman ferocity and energy.

Drugs like xanax were developed by the military to counter drugs like '___' developed by the military.

In fact one could say that before there ever was a War on Drugs, there had in fact always been a War conducted on Drugs because even Alexander the Great’s troops chewed opium leaves to numb their fatigues and pain.

War and drugs go together like Sex and Rock and Roll, Pizza and Beer, Laurel and Hardy, Donnie and Marie, Abbot and Costello, Archie and Jug head, Batman and Robin, Superman and Louis Lane, Maulder and Skully, the Captain and Toneille, Pretzels and Salt, Movies and Popcorn, Valentine’s Day and Massacres, oops Candy!

History, it can be your friend!

[edit on 19/4/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
A world filled with drugs does not scare me. A brave new world was all about people on drugs and they were happy. Imagine a world where everyone actually has feelings, and wants to do something for a change.

Thats a scary thought.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

precisely ! It takes

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
pretty much everyone i know is on something too, it has become alot more prevalent since drug comercials became legal in 1999. what worries me are the synthetic drugs. weed and shrooms, st johns wort, herbals etc.. have been around forever and do not cause sickness in the way that prescription drugs do. with the exception of opiates.
i think all the commercials are turning us into hypochondriacs and that alot of people have become whiners who need something to alleviate whatever stress and sadness they bring upon themselves. i firmly believe that the corporations are all in on it together, to make us sick sad and malleable. i think in time it is going to be one of the worst epidemics man has ever seen.
what bothers me the most is that it is being introduced into the water suppy and people are exposed to it even if they dont want to be and are helpless to stop it. its just so sad. even the animals have to pop our pills. i think it is just a horrible, horrible mess we are making of it all. so very sad.

top topics

join