It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost caught on camera Exclusive Pics *HOAX* :( sorry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

Long time no see
Well I've got a corker for my return, and it's exclusive to ATS! . Last Wednesday a friend of mine, who is a motor mechanic, was working away in his garage here in North Yorkshire when he called me - which is unusual during the workday, but whatever. He said 'you're not going to believe what I've got...' And he's right I didn't.

Me and him have an interesting time discussing the paranormal - he's seen odd things happen at my house and dismissed them - he's what I'd call a paranormal denier, not a skeptic, he just doesn't like talking about it more out of fear of the unknown so when he said "I took a picture and I'm telling you... it's a ghost!" I thought he had a dust orb or something ... but when he came round that night he showed me this, still on his iPhone...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/1912cc8df6f64fc1.jpg[/atsimg]

I was astonished but it wasn't clear enough for me... and sadly it never will be - he took the image and saved as his screensaver - he then looked again through his photo's and saw there were 2 instances of the same picture so he deleted one (yes, I've given him an ear bashing about this) and being a technophobe and all round worry wort he's not letting me jail break the phone to recover the image. Having said that I know it's just the type of thing john would do, and I have no reason to not believe him as:

a) I've personally stood in that garage... at length.
b) I do simple flier's for his business because he doesn't have a clue about how to use pretty much any software (sorry mate, just being honest!!)
c) I took the picture straight from his phone on his way home from work.

There isn't much of a story, but I'll tell you as he told me.

"I was texting the missus when I heard a rattling from the bolt stand (right of the door in the picture) like someone was shaking it. Obviously there's noone there, but then I saw... well it was like mist, but not mist, like smoke but not that either, kind of like a gas... so I thought someone on the other side of the door was pumping something in and so I quickly changed to camera and snapped this to make sure I could show the boss... but I didn't expect this..."

And he was right. He didn't. I could tell. I've never seen anyone so shaken. He didn't want to go back. He didn't want this talked about but I finally convinced him that though small it's just too good a picture to remain unseen.

I won't say what we think it is, I'll let you be the judge... but here I've re-sized the pic and cropped only to show you a close up of the area in question... this has only been re-sized, nothing more.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/af0af7fd075f3317.jpg[/atsimg]

Now then. What does everyone make of this? Personally I think its amazing evidence... but some of that is because I know the guy so well, I'd like to hear a few unbiased opinions.

Again, this is exclusive to ATS (Yes, that means please don't upload this picture anywhere else without my permission... I probably visit the same sites as you, so please just don't)

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Pr0t0]

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Pr0t0]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Lovely picture! I would love to hear what our resident photography experts have to say.

Edit you should probably add a water mark with your screen name on it to the bottom of the picture.

[edit on 4/19/2010 by Tentickles]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
That's a great photo. I see a blonde haired little boy in a button down shirt. It would have taken me awhile to spot it had you not enlarged it.
Great photo.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Thanks Ten... I can't wait either... if only that convincing me this isn't real is futile as I know it to be the only evidence I have full accountability for... but they don't, so I will understand skepticism

As for a watermark it's a good idea but I'd rather not marr the image. If someone steals it then they do but it just makes them an ass since I've asked nicely enough, so my faith in the honesty of human kind is currently resting with the members... it's not the end of the world if it ends up somewhere else, but it's only uploaded one place online so traceability won't be an issue.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Yep, pretty much what we saw (although John's GF said little girl because the head is not full it looks like pigtails). It looks to me like a jacket that's too large for him, but I may as well tell you, in researching (what little we've been able to get) we stumbled across an interesting find this weekend - just across the field from this workshop is an old derelict building (not unusual for here) which, rumour has it, used to be a childrens' psychiatric hospital! We can't confirm this but have asked the local historical society to do some digging so hopefully I can confirm that soon.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

that is freaky!!!

it looks way too real to be faked, and plus how you said john was way more shaken than you've ever seen him, he's either a really good actor or tellin the truth. and why would a technophobe go through the trouble of faking an image like this?

great pic S+F

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If this is legit it is a pretty good picture I would say. There does appear to be an image...possibly of a boy, or small figure of a man in the picture.

The biggest problem I always have with random pictures of the paranormal is why was he making this picture right then? What was he trying to catch? You have already answered that though in that he heard a rattling and saw a mist.

Has he ever had a similar experience of hearing noises in that shop before?

I'm leaning towards believing this is a real, unaltered image.

Nice catch.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Great picture.

The building in question, that you suspect to being a childrens' Psychiatric hospital... Where is it?

I'm in North Yorks now, and can dig up quite a bit of historical data on this sort of stuff.

If you send me a PM I'll get you as much info as possible.

This is a great find.

As a previous poster already suggested, if this is exclusive to ATS you might want to watermark the images.

Great work!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I just saw the part about the childrens psych hospital. That opens up a lot of interesting theories about what this might be.

I'm even more inclined to believe this now than even 10 mins ago when I first replied.

And I too agree you should watermark the image so it doesn't get reused. You can always copy the image you have to have an original without the mark.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

Pr0t0.....

Someone should look at the iPhone "Ghost" app to see if it can produce this effect.

www.geeksugar.com...

www.appstorehq.com...

www.newlaunches.com...

Amongst other things, it adds a little ghost boy into a photo:

Here it is adding a little ghost girl into a photo:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c9cb0a799a4e.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Woah that's pretty darn freaky, man. It sure enough looks like a young boy in a jacket and maybe even short pants. Cool shot your friend got.
Just wondering if that was the only time he had heard the jangling in the garage? Or if anything else unusual has happened since he's been there?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I want to say it looks faked but im not sure. If its real, then wow that is just crazy.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Wow. I had not heard of that iPhone app before. That is crazy. That one little girl image from the app link you posted looks really close to the image in the OP's pic........

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Acting? HA! He wishes! No, all 100% above board. Like I say, I literally know him better than pretty much anyone and there's no way he put that on for my benefit. He's not seen anything before in the workshop, or since. The timing was just one of those things - phone was in hand and he wanted to get proof of what he thought was a prank in progress.

If need be I'll get video of the garage, just to prove it's really the place he works / a place I know and not some random picture off the net.

With regard to the ghost cam effects I've not seen those before they really do have everything for the iPhone huh... that's a rum trick to play!! But, no I don't believe it was I'm looking at some pics there now and they're nothing like this, plus as a long standing friend I genuinely don't think he'd

a) lie to me.... or
b) keep it up so convincingly for so long ... or
c) ask me to keep it quiet...

The location is Masham, North Yorkshire. We asked someone from the historical society but they're not sure. If you can dig up I've asked if I can do a seance but the owner of the garage said no... I'm still pushing though and if he does cave and let me rest assured it will be taped.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
Wow. I had not heard of that iPhone app before. That is crazy. That one little girl image from the app link you posted looks really close to the image in the OP's pic........

Webpirate.....

I agree.....

It does look similar.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Busted. Its the kid from the bottom, 3rd from the left.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Wow! That's a great pic you got there...

I for one think your a genuine person, you come across as the kind of person who is genuine and expects the same back in return.

At first I couldn't spot the spirit but on the enlarged pic it was made more clear. Please do see if your mate will be ok with you doing a seance as I know that I'd love to see that, as many others here would I can imagine.

If the claim of an old childrens psychiatric hosptal can be substantiated and you do a seance then I am in no doubt that you will get some interestering things happening. I can imagine that a situation like that would stir up lots of emotion and energy for a spirit.

A word of caution, if you do a seance there then I think you should prehaps get a local paranormal research group and/or a psychic, as you could unwitingly create a problem and end up with far more activity and I'm sure your mate wouldn't be too happy with that!

Kind regards and good luck,

Resentedhalo08.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You know what... forget the little girl... I found this though after searching the ghost app stock images. So it looks as though he has been playing games... I'm changing title, please move to hoax (unintended sorry guys).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c84a0d473b0.jpg[/atsimg]

Thanks for your input Maybe... Maybe Not. I'm afraid I've been a sucker... and I'm really really angry that he knew this and behaved that way for the best part of a week and has allowed me to embarrass myself - he knew fine well I'd talk about this online, but seems he also knew I didn't know much about iPhone app's and ironically the technophobe fooled me.

Next week I'll be bringing you exclusive pictures of John's ghost... or at very least his cold dead body... everyone think this is the same image? it has to be... too coincidental. Sorry for those who's time I wasted, it was entirely unintentional, as you can tell I believed this... but who needs enemies when you have friends like that huh? I'm hoping the lady at the historical society see's the funny side of her time being wasted now... I know I don't.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Ah man that sucks!

Damn you iPhone and your ghost app.... lol and damn your mate proto! But I'm sure you'll pay him back in your own way

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

Pr0t0.....

I agree…..

The 2 images are extremely similar.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c84a0d473b0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/af0af7fd075f3317.jpg[/atsimg]

I think it's a match.

Hey....don't worry.....it's all good fun!

I for one can see the funny side of this

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join