It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Brief: Radical Islamic Web site takes on 'South Park'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by areyosicker
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

What part of the episode did you find insensitive, if you don't mind me asking.

you seriously didn't just ask that did you?

Why would you type that? You clearly could read what he typed. So pointless.

I typed this because I love correcting people just in case anyone is wondering.

When Jesus threw his halo and it just bounced off Mecha Streisand, I laughed so hard, if they could watch South Park I'm sure Jesus and his super best friends would laugh as hard as I did, they have to have a sense of humor, how boring would everything be without one.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Ok, I am going to write the questions I have while trying to wrap my mind around the illustrations of Muhammad, and I sincerely hope either a Muslim or someone knowledgeable in Islam will answer them.

First, as I stated before, no where in the Quran does God prohibit depicting Muhammad or anyone else. This "command" is found in the Hadith. Which brings me to.....

Question number 1, as I understand it the Hadith is a compilation of the life and sayings of Muhammad. Muslims emphatically believe that Muhammad was merely a man, a prophet, who received revelations from an angel (Gabriel) which was the direct word of God. Now, the Hadiths were not revelations but how Muhammad lived. In the Hadith it says there are to be no pictures of any living thing, which by default would include Muhammad, but it would also include yourself, your children, your cat, etc. (you get it). It includes family photographs, t.v., movies, paintings. So at some point the ban of lifted on most items, and replaced with the "command" to only pertain to Muhammad. How and why? Also, it appears that this was not always the case as there are some beautiful pieces of art from I believe during and before the Ottoman Empire. Oh, I believe the Hadith said something to the effect of it not being a forbidden thing (pictures) but that it is better not to do it, and if it is done that it must be respectful.

Question 2, In the Quran, it states that Muhammad was not sinless, that he and all others were to repent their sins. So, why is what he did or said currently being considered as, well as I see it, as divine, that Muhammad could command as God commands. A person that has sinned and has the potential to sin again is not perfect and his words are not divine, only when speaking after/during the revelations. I'm not sure if that is clear to the reader, so if not ask and I'll clarify.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join