It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Brief: Radical Islamic Web site takes on 'South Park'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Most South Park viewers know about the original episode a few years ago, 2 episodes actually that dealt with this issue. This was done after there was retaliation for a Danish cartoon I think it was. But, South Park did actually show Mohammad in season 5.

The episode called Super Best Friends. They did a short from that episode last week, but censored the image that had originally appeared. I think they were pushing the limits here to see how much of a response it would get before going further with this.

People really need to chill. South Park has long been known for making fun of EVERYONE. They have even made fun of themselves. They had the kids talking about how much the movie Basketball sucked. Trey Parker and Matt Stone starred in that movie.

They called Tom Cruise a fudge packer, but he didn't threaten to blow anything up or retaliate anyway, nor has anyone else that I know of, except maybe to sue them.

Muslims should relax a little. Laugh at South Park making fun of Christians, Jews and Mormons, and if they don't like that episode, then don't watch it. They are only bringing more publicity to the show and the storyline by their comments towards it.

And I don't mean all Muslims, just the violent radical ones who are pushing the issue.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I am sorry for all the questions, but as an atheist i don't really understand all this stuff.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla
reply to post by areyosicker

The only part that I find insensitive is the bear costume part. But other than that it was a pretty funny episode.

They probably only did the whole bear costume thing because of that school teacher that was jailed for calling a teddy bear Mohammed a while back. Personally I'd have called the bear Elvis as that is a proper teddy name.

Rev

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyosicker
I am sorry for all the questions, but as an atheist i don't really understand all this stuff.

Don't feel left out. They made fun of atheists too.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Yes they did. but they did not show him. (I think they did not.)

They have never shown him.
In this episode he was depicted as wearing a mascot-like Bear outfit.
Before they just had a "censor bar" covering him.

Not really any different to me (although the bear was a nice touch), but then again I don't see what the fuss would be about.

Who is this group and are they just some American fringe group kicking up dust when the rest of the Muslim world is silent?

Kind of odd to be coming out of New York.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

They have shown him. The prophet of fire. Season 5. The Super Best Friends episode. Before all the controversy began. And the world didn't end then when they did show him.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Yes they have, as two posters have already pointed out:

Series 5, Episode 4, "Best Friends Forever"

Edit to add webpirate posyed as I was typing the above response. Ya gotta be quick around here

[edit on 19-4-2010 by whateverpedia]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
reply to post by lee anoma

They have shown him. The prophet of fire. Season 5. The Super Best Friends episode. Before all the controversy began. And the world didn't end then when they did show him.

Oh yeah, you're right.

Anyway, I don't think this complaint is anything to get upset about.

Usually when a group of Muslims get outraged over something it tends to be on an international level. Protests, burning effigies, threats...all that good stuff.

Like I said, they have all been pretty silent except for this group in New York.

Meh.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

Originally posted by areyosicker

Don't feel left out. They made fun of atheists too.

One of their best episode(s).
I used to dislike that show before I actually sat down and watched a full episode.

I now see how brilliant it is.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
ahahahahah.

this episode was hilarious. I cant believe these islamic revolutionists completely missed the point of the episode. They are just making themselves look stupid.

joseph smith: "boys, you have to understand that people get very offended when Mohammed is mocked because hes a religious figure"
Buddha: hitting lines
jesus: "Buddha dont do coke in front of kids!"

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Yes they did. but they did not show him. (I think they did not.)

In this episode he was depicted as wearing a mascot-like Bear outfit.
Before they just had a "censor bar" covering him.

Not really any different to me (although the bear was a nice touch), but then again I don't see what the fuss would be about.

Who is this group and are they just some American fringe group kicking up dust when the rest of the Muslim world is silent?

Kind of odd to be coming out of New York.

- Lee

they have

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, and as I already said before to the first two people that posted this info, I missed it.

Anyway the site in question seems to be down at the moment but I found out it is actually run by some New York cabbie.

Well he rides a peddle-cab.

I doubt he represents the mindset of the Muslim faith anymore than anti-everything Fred Phelps does Christianity.

Neither of those two deserve air-time in my opinion.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The "religion of peace" once again having a hypocritical rant. "Damn it" they say, "we are peaceful, and we'll kill you all just to prove it!".

[edit on 19-4-2010 by john124]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Dude! I can't believe you posted that image! Now they are gonna suicide bomb ATS. I'd better log off here now so I'm not around when it happens. I don't wanna get hurt......

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

DUCK!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
My view point on this is the following:
1) The creators of South Park make fun of all religions. They do it cause they view it as funny and the episodes are.
2) The more of a reaction they get, the more they are going to do such, cause it shows that people are watching and thus making something out of nothing.
If the muslim world can not handle the freedom of speech, then there is an option, don't watch, don't deal with those countries that allow for such. It is simple, we are going to continue to post our and print our ideas, no matter how distasteful, and who all it honks off. And we as the citizens of countries that have freedom of speech need to back those who are going to print and state such.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I agree, since when is freedom of speech limited?

You can talk about anything...unless its offensive.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This is all lies (satire).
Islam is a peaceful religion (more satire)
Please review my link in my signature below (all Facts).

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chicken_Bone
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

I am a Christian and I always laugh my butt off everytime they make fun of Jesus and make him look like a wussy. I both laugh and think man that is just wrong, then I go back to laughing because it is hilarious.

Yeah they still make jesus a good guy in it.. though I was half watching it last night and i think the pope was reporting to the devil looking like the sith lord? They have made a point of making a moral distinction between the church and Jesus and their Jesus charactor is quite likeable imo.

My fav is the one where everyones an Atheist and instead of GD they say Science Damn It when they are mad. LOL

I really need to get a recorder.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

This has to got to be ridiculous beyond belief. I don't know much about how Muslims love and worship Muhammad. But I don't understand how they're always so angry about Muhammad being made off. I have seen religious figures being made fun as well, even on the same episode Muhammad was made fun of.

Wouldn't you be angry if you had sand in your shorts all the time?

It seems that there is this propensity among poor peoples to be hypersensitive about "respect". You see it in inner cities and other low income areas in America, Mexico and other Latin countries, and Muslims.

I will tell you another propensity in humans: to get VERY pissed at who you cannot control. Think about domestic violence. It is anger out of the need for control.

Perhaps this control is equated with respect in their culture? I don't know....i am just speculating.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join