It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Brief: Radical Islamic Web site takes on 'South Park'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm sorry if I put this post in the wrong board. But this is more then a discussion of an television program.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

The radical Islamic Web site Revolutionmuslim.com is going after the creators of the TV cartoon series "South Park" after an episode last week included an image of the Prophet Mohammed in disguise. Revolutionmuslim.com, based in New York, was the subject of a CNN investigation last year for its radical rhetoric supporting “jihad” against the West and praising al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden. Its organizers insist they act within the law and seek to protect Islam. On Sunday, Revolutionmuslim.com posted an entry that included a warning to South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone that they risk violent retribution – after the 200th episode last week included a satirical discussion about whether an image of the prophet could be shown. In the end, he is portrayed disguised in a bear suit.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This has to got to be ridiculous beyond belief. I don't know much about how Muslims love and worship Muhammad. But I don't understand how they're always so angry about Muhammad being made off. I have seen religious figures being made fun as well, even on the same episode Muhammad was made fun of.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Didn't south park do this before in an episode about family guy showing mohammed?

Peace (wouldn't that be a fine thing)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Yes they did. but they did not show him. (I think they did not.)
But I am just tired of hearing their little Sissy fits.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It is so unnecessary. In the same episode they had Buddha doing coc aine. But put Muhammad in a bear suit and all hell breaks loose.

Censorship is a funny thing

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You should know that Muslims don't "worship" Muhammad at all. He was a messenger and prophet, just like Jesus, Moses, Abraham, and many others.

Muslims worship Allah, and only pray to Allah.

Christians are the only ones that worship a human.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PsyOpCyclops

Yes, I already know that. But that does not change a thing about the issue.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
After watching the 200th episode, it's seems pretty obvious that the idea wasn't and isn't to show Mohammed. it seems much more like Matt and Trey are trying, in every way possible, to show how scared america has actually become of the Muslim world as well as poking fun of Mohammed. The idea of Mohammed being contained to a u haul or a bear suit, in my opinion, seems much more inflammatory than just showing his image outright.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

That was the whole premise of the episode. Since it was the 200th episode they tried to incorporate as many previous plots as possible. Including the Ginger Kids, Mecha Streisand, and the "Who is Cartman's Father?" plot.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I find it hilarious that these people that South Park so seriously.

Edit: and who are they kidding they pretty much just asked for the makers of south park's head on platters.

[edit on 4/19/2010 by Tentickles]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Those radicals need to calm down. I myself am Muslim. I saw that episode of South park. Though it did contain some stuff that I found insensitive I don't think it was that offensive. I mean seriously, it's just a t.v. show!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by frail-wretched
After watching the 200th episode, it's seems pretty obvious that the idea wasn't and isn't to show Mohammed. it seems much more like Matt and Trey are trying, in every way possible, to show how scared america has actually become of the Muslim world as well as poking fun of Mohammed. The idea of Mohammed being contained to a u haul or a bear suit, in my opinion, seems much more inflammatory than just showing his image outright.

You gotta admit though, it was a funny episode.

Rev

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

What part of the episode did you find insensitive, if you don't mind me asking.

link   
OK this is ridiculous.

Episode 504 of South Park entitled super best friends, quite clearly shows Mohamed and all the other religious leaders, but funnily enough no trouble.

I implore everybody to download and watch this as it is great and the only person ridiculed is David Blaine.

People need to grow up and get a life!

link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I wonder how mad the Muslims would have been if Trey and Matt had been able to do Mohammed up right? Just think if they had done something where Jesus and Mohammed wrestle and then Jesus wins by tea bagging and farting in Mohammeds mouth. Now that would be funny, I don't care who you are.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by PsyOpCyclops

Yes, I already know that. But that does not change a thing about the issue.

You just said a second ago

I don't know much about how Muslims love and worship Muhammad.

You brought up the issue, and I corrected you. Muslims don't worship Muhammad.

Saying that, it is severely against their religion to make an image of ANY of the prophets, and mocking them is grounds for imprisonment in many countries. Muslims don't make fun of Jesus, because Jesus is considered to be a prophet of Islam.

If the cartoonists have the freedom of speech to make an image, then the Muslims have the freedom of speech to be mad about it. If they transgress the law into violence, then they will go to prison. If you don't want to deal with it, don't piss them off.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by PsyOpCyclops]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by areyosicker

The only part that I find insensitive is the bear costume part. But other than that it was a pretty funny episode.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Would it have been better if they just had artist draw Mohammad? Or was the simple fact that they even brought up the prophet made the situation insensitive?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Abdulla, I give you credit for both being a Muslim with a sense of humor and a Muslim with some sense. You are a credit to Muslims everywhere.

I am a Christian and I always laugh my butt off everytime they make fun of Jesus and make him look like a wussy. I both laugh and think man that is just wrong, then I go back to laughing because it is hilarious.

My fav is the one where everyones an Atheist and instead of GD they say Science Damn It when they are mad. LOL

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Chicken_Bone]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyosicker

Would it have been better if they just had artist draw Mohammad? Or was the simple fact that they even brought up the prophet made the situation insensitive?

It was okay that they censored Mohammad. It actually shows that they respect him a lot for it.

It especially shows it to all the other people who have seen other South Park episodes, because South Park didn't go as hard on Mohammad as they went on other people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join