Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Amazing Examples of Ancient Astronomy Through Prehistory

page: 2
66
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot
 
Good thread again...you've got a knack for presenting the past in an interesting and accessible way. Ancient & Lost Civs needs more of these quality threads.


The Northern Europeans planned and built their stone structures with an eye on the heavens. The Egyptians were building the mastabas whilst the European cultures were littering the landscape with dolmens, stone circles and passage graves. From the shores of the Black Sea to the farthest reaches of the Orkney Islands and Ireland...they were busy people.




posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Thanks to all those who read the thread and posted their appreciation, much obliged as always. I'm just happy that others find the topic as interesting as I do.



Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by kiwifoot
 
Good thread again...you've got a knack for presenting the past in an interesting and accessible way. Ancient & Lost Civs needs more of these quality threads.


The Northern Europeans planned and built their stone structures with an eye on the heavens. The Egyptians were building the mastabas whilst the European cultures were littering the landscape with dolmens, stone circles and passage graves. From the shores of the Black Sea to the farthest reaches of the Orkney Islands and Ireland...they were busy people.



Thanks mate as always, I tried sharing my conspiracy theories but they were deemed too loony even for ATS!! That's how I ended up posting in this forum, that and a fascination with the Ancients for as long as I can remember!

If you or any of the readers have any ideas for threads feel free to U2U me, I'm always looking for new ideas.

All the best, Kiwi



posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I can't believe the ancients were just cavemen. They had a great grasp of the universe. I know rock is endurant, but it's hard to believe these things are millions of years old. Seems like even 20,000 years of weathering, rain, freezing, ect would have eradicated their intricate form. How do they survive in earthquake zones. Seems like they would get shaken "out of kilter"



posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed
 


Let's not get too carried away. It may have been clearer at night to watch the skies back then BUT the downsides are simply too many to be ignored (disease, infections, everyday hardships, shorter life spans, no "utilities" to make life easier, I could go on for days). It would be cool to visit though, get a brief "taste" and return



posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Thanks for your work. Personally I think a lot of the examples you've given of Orion match ups are dubious, but who knows.

Incidentally, you missed the sphinx. I do think it pretty likely it points to the solstice in the age of Leo. The constellation of Leo is possibly the constellation in the sky that most looks like something--it really looks like a lion. It's a really wacky coincidence that the sphinx points where the sun rose in the age of leo.



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Hey kiwi,

you forgot to look in your own back yard! Aligned stones to lunar events and the rest!

www.celticnz.co.nz...

Silverdale boulders and their alignments.
www.celticnz.co.nz...

Same source but hardly anyone else seems to want to touch this. It delves into alleged suppressed history of New Zealand and many records of fair skinned or orange haired people inhabiting New Zealand pre modern discovery.

I love how they can't explain the moeraki boulders, or the silverdale boulders... same thing but hundreds of kilometers apart.

edit: I've always thought astral projection could conveniently explain the detailed knowledge that many ancient 'primitive' races had. Some of which we couldn't even figure out until extremely recent times!

[edit on 21/4/10 by GhostR1der]



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
Hey kiwi,

you forgot to look in your own back yard! Aligned stones to lunar events and the rest!

www.celticnz.co.nz...

Silverdale boulders and their alignments.
www.celticnz.co.nz...

Same source but hardly anyone else seems to want to touch this. It delves into alleged suppressed history of New Zealand and many records of fair skinned or orange haired people inhabiting New Zealand pre modern discovery.

I love how they can't explain the moeraki boulders, or the silverdale boulders... same thing but hundreds of kilometers apart.

edit: I've always thought astral projection could conveniently explain the detailed knowledge that many ancient 'primitive' races had. Some of which we couldn't even figure out until extremely recent times!

[edit on 21/4/10 by GhostR1der]


Bro, I'm hanging my head in shame!! I'll give those links a good read later in the day when I have time to sit down properly!

thanks very much mate, now, off to kick myself in the butt!




posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot
 


It is good to see that there are still research and presentations of the highest order here on ATS.

Thank you for restoring a bit of faith in this site and it's membership.

Personally, I find it remarkable that so many cultures from across the globe have so much in common in their myths, legends and monuments etc.

Coincedence?



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot
 


Fascinating thread! The Ancients have been looking at the stars for thousands of years and tracking the movements. They knew of the 26,000 year precision cycle of the Earth.

It is also curious as to why some star systems were given a lot of attention too. Thank you for your work on this thread.



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot
 



Bro, I'm hanging my head in shame!! I'll give those links a good read later in the day when I have time to sit down properly!


Hiya Kiwi, I don't know your political tastes, but just be aware that the celticnz website is associated with an underlying racial agenda. I found out during the course of a thread last year. They subscribe to the idea that whites were the first people of New Zealand and have been part of a conspiracy to seed false information on the internet. Martin Doutre has sought to legitimise the idea of whites (celtic) being the indigenous population of NZ...he's a NZ white supremacist.

I won't bore you with all the details...if you're curious...Is there an ARCHAEOLOGICAL COVERUP going on in New Zealand? It was a bloody good thread with plenty of debate. Page 5 is where it becomes apparent how much political schemery is bubbling in the background.



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky
 


Politics has no place in archeology, whose sole purpose should be to unearth, literally, the facts.

I am not naive enough to think that governments and political groups don't use archeaolgy and history to suit their own personal agenda's.
This should be discouraged at all costs.

People like Professor Hawass in Egypt allows no dissension from the accepted viewpoints and timelines.
He is by no means unique within academia who especially dislike uneducated amateurs throwing spanners into the works.
There are many and varied vested interests involved in archeology and ancient history.

And that is why kiwifoot should be commended for this excellent piece of work and why it is important that The 3 Amigo's continue trying to attract new visitors / members to this site so that it can be broadcast to as many people as possible.

Only when we, the minority, become the majority will the truth be out!



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn
 
Hiya Freeborn. I tend to agree with your posts...maybe the avatar? Reminds me of an artist off 2000AD.

In this case I disagree slightly. Politics drives history and makes political interpretation of history unavoidable.

Kiwi is one of my 'sharp friends' for the simple fact that he's an outstanding provider of well researched and written threads.



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Absolute rubbish Kiwi!

Why even bother posting this?

NAH! Not really!


Really well done mate, very interesting thread.

Amazing really, and shows how very advanced so called 'cave people' were.

Thanks mate.



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky
 


Hey...2000AD..(if the OP will permit me to go off topic here?)

I used to read that when it first came out, i collected years worth of them!

Blimey that brings back memories.

I think his avatar looks a bit like the old 'Stainless steel rat' character, or at least the same artwork style.

Cheers for jogging the memories.

(Still think this is a great thread Kiwi, crawl - crawl)



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky
 


Major Easy from Battle / Action comic when I was a young'un.

Of course politicians will interpret history.
But at present politicians and other vested interests control history and allow very little dissensionfrom accepted opinions and timelines.

Thus we have so few academics from respected universities etc investigating ancient alien contact / ancient advanced civilisation theories.
There are so scared to do so due to the threat of ridicule and retraction of funding etc.

Thus the only people who investigate such theories are considered leftfield and somewhat maverick and are subjugated to quite considerable attention and smear tactics from MSM.

Make no bones about it, it is our political masters who control interpretations of major acheological finds.

Oh, your assessment of kiwifoot is bang on the button.

And a question about your avi; are you into scootering etc.
I was a regular attendee of both national and local rallies until last year.
I intended to go to Whiby but unexpected work and domestic situations prevented it at the last minute.
Still hope to get to Llandudno, Kelso, Cleethorpes and Bridlington at least this year.



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by kiwifoot
 



Bro, I'm hanging my head in shame!! I'll give those links a good read later in the day when I have time to sit down properly!


Hiya Kiwi, I don't know your political tastes, but just be aware that the celticnz website is associated with an underlying racial agenda. I found out during the course of a thread last year. They subscribe to the idea that whites were the first people of New Zealand and have been part of a conspiracy to seed false information on the internet. Martin Doutre has sought to legitimise the idea of whites (celtic) being the indigenous population of NZ...he's a NZ white supremacist.

I won't bore you with all the details...if you're curious...Is there an ARCHAEOLOGICAL COVERUP going on in New Zealand? It was a bloody good thread with plenty of debate. Page 5 is where it becomes apparent how much political schemery is bubbling in the background.



Hey Buddy, thanks for the heads up! Is that the thread talking about burials of tall red haired people not connected to the Maori, 'predating' the Maori as it were?

If it was then I caught it, but I must have stopped reading before all the political BS came out. I thought the idea was intriguing (there are similar stories from China, South America and others so I found it plausible), but never did I imagine there was a racially motivated basis for the reports.

A little disgusting IMO, in my time in NZ I did come across a fair bit of racism, but in my experience it was a lack of understanding and ignorance that belied it. I lived in South Auckland, an area well known for having a large Samoan/Maori population and I played a lot of basketball, so my mates were mostly Maori/Islanders, I saw them in a different light than did some of my Pakeha (white NZ) mates. Stereotypes and ignorance, a recipe for trouble.

All the best mate, and again, thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to check out that page 5







top topics



 
66
<< 1   >>

log in

join