It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Are More Skeptical of Washington Than Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Americans Are More Skeptical of Washington Than Ever

online.wsj.com

By almost every conceivable measure, Americans are less positive and more critical of their government these days. There is a perfect storm of conditions associated with distrust of government, a dismal economy, an unhappy public, and epic discontent with Congress and elected officials...Record discontent with Congress, dim views of elected officials generally have poisoned the well for trust in the federal government. Public opinion about elected officials in Washington is relentlessly negative.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-4-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
America, make your voice be heard, There is no time like the present. This is mainstream and is not left, nor right.
And maistream is reporting on this!
A desire for smaller government is especially evident!

There is something terribly wrong with Government when they can squander 1 Trillion dollars, and they have not even began to touch on the real problems facing this country!

Voice your opinions loud and clear to your representives, while you still have freedom of speech!

They are coming for that too, as evidenced by the headlines today.

America, what is bothering you today?
Let freedom ring!

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

No, this is the WSJ, the WSJ is a entity owned by Rupert Murdoch...the same guy whom runs Fox News, and like every other hyper-conservative outlet out there.

Nothing like having an Australian corporatist telling you how to think. Yay America, brought to you by.......

and of course corporate america wants less government...the damned government keeps regulating them and exposing their scams and frauds. Poor wall street...poor milti-billion dollar corporate entities that suck the soul and money out of a capitalist society. Ya, let me go fight the government as a Murdoch zombie soldier.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Whoops! Double post! See below for corrected version.

[edit on 19/4/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I most whole heartedly agree with you. It is my habit to use mainstream media to expose it's self.

However you can not argue that facts of the article.
The write-up reports on a poll that Americans are
skeptical of Washington....it is not reporting that Wall Street is skpetical of Washington.

We all know that Washington is ran by Wall Street, not the other way around. And America is sick to death of it.

Make no mistake, and yes WSJ is stirring the pot.
Let us use thier own tactics against them.... learn from the crafty masters that rule with the weighted scales...

Never waste a good crisis!

[edit on 19-4-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm at a complete mental loss of why Americans are fed up with a Democratically controlled Washington. Two years ago, they wanted change. All anyone could do was bash President Bush and Republican officials. Change is what they got and now they're griping. Never satisfied. Always having to "piss and moan" about something.

To the people who voted for change in the 2008 election: live with your decision.

The people who voted against Obama and his cronies will outlast their opponents and survive.

I really hate to be a downer to you burntheships, but I hope Obama and every Democrat in Congress wins re-election in 2012.

This will be the best lesson that Americans can get on what is constitutionally right. We Americans deserve what's being dealt to us. Conservatives for getting on the "popular, moderate wagon" and trying to appeal to special interest groups for the "sake of the vote" and Liberals for desecrating the Constitution of the United States.

There are Americans that are sitting quietly, patiently and taking all this in because when the time comes, there will not be a power upon this earth that will stop them from re-aquiring and re-securing this nation from anyone and everyone who seeks to to destroy it.

Letter writing campaigns and protests fall on deaf ears in Washington. The Amercain people haven't been a concern of there's in many years.

I campaigned against Obama the last time but this time I'll campaign for him. It's not the officials I'm mad at. It's the people of the United States for not studying their candidates.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Letter writing campaigns and protests fall on deaf ears in Washington. The Amercain people have'nt been a concern of there's in many years.

I campaigned against Obama the last time but this time I'll campaign for him. It's not the officials I'm mad at. It's the people of the United States for not studying their candidates.

I too am on the brink of utter frustation with my representatives, and watch in horror as people bury thier head in the sand, and Idol, and hey how about those Redskins?

I am not willing to cut my nose off to spite my face. There are other ways.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

What news isn't brought to you by some corporate entity?
WSJ is just the same spew as the NYT, just coming out of the other side of it's mouth.
All for sheep.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Love the Redskins! Favorite team since elementaryschool.

I'm not willing to cut my nose of to spite my face neither And yes there are othere ways. It's done athe the election polls every two years and every four for the presidency.

But the thing about this is that there are SO many Americans who are unwilling to study their candidates. Instead they'll trust "hearsay" and BS websites.

Americans need to study their elected officials at Congress. org and their corresponding state legislature at sites like this one The North Carolina General Assembly and look at how each candidate stand on introduced bills.

Websites like these aren't "hearsay" and they show the American people how each candidate voted or not voted(like John Edwards was so good at doing).

What the terrible thing is about this nation is that when our elected officials get into office, they think they have power over us. What a studid thought! They fail to realize HOW they got into office or at least they fail to realize until election time.

[edit on 19/4/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
geez, i'm not skeptical about washington...they are getting things done, but of course that doesn't rile anyone up, so...it doesn't get talked about or is simply dismissed. can't wait for the FINREG legislation to get written and passed...wall street is still having a field day with unregulated derivitive trading.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by burntheships

No, this is the WSJ, the WSJ is a entity owned by Rupert Murdoch...the same guy whom runs Fox News, and like every other hyper-conservative outlet out there.

Nothing like having an Australian corporatist telling you how to think. Yay America, brought to you by.......

and of course corporate america wants less government...the damned government keeps regulating them and exposing their scams and frauds. Poor wall street...poor milti-billion dollar corporate entities that suck the soul and money out of a capitalist society. Ya, let me go fight the government as a Murdoch zombie soldier.

Attacking the source, huh? So Time Magazine is in on it too?

www.time.com...

And CNN?

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

And MSNBC???

www.msnbc.msn.com...

You were saying???

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

I understand what you are saying. The thing is most Americans probably didn't bargain for this. We where wanting change for the better, not 1.7 trillion dollars to line the pockets of foreign banks and big corporations. You are right though, it is our fault the current administration is in power. That I will give you.

--------

On a side note, wtf does your signature say?

[edit on 19-4-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

What news isn't brought to you by some corporate entity?
WSJ is just the same spew as the NYT, just coming out of the other side of it's mouth.
All for sheep.

right...because we need to "WAKE UP" ... right??? this is one phrase that needs to be banned from this website...oh and "sheeple"....jesus...if your going to insult my intelligence, please have an original thought.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Now let's see if the government is smart enough to connect the dots that nearly 80% polled don't trust the government and the projection that only a third of the census forms were sent back in. And of those that were turned in, I wonder how many BS answers were given?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What the poll actually found in addition is that 1 in 3 Americans now view the U.S. Government to be a "major threat" to thier freedoms.

Nearly one out of three Americans view the US government as a "major threat" to their freedoms, and four out of five say they don't trust Washington to solve their problems, according to a new poll out Monday.

Just 19 percent say they are "basically content" with the federal government, against 56 percent who say they are "frustrated" and 21 percent who describe themselves as "angry," the Pew Research Center survey found.
www.google.com...

So thats why the Wall Street Journal used the innocuous headline!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Everythings getting so politically correct around here that I'd rather you just copy and paste it to Google translate, from Arabic to English of course.

I want to print up about a thousand T-shirts with this on it and pass them out at the nearest international airport!

This would cause a riot until they found out what it says!

Just a little sarcasm in it.

[edit on 20/4/10 by Intelearthling]

top topics

join