It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Decline: The Geography of a Recession

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I don't think either of us are wrong. It's more human psychology than anything else that tells me it's still emminent. Right now, anything that happens will be too little too late. There's too much opposition in places of high power to thwart any true attmept to stop what has been started. Too many people are invested in this, not necessarily in collapse, but in not getting caught, and foolishly prolonging the inevitable.

It was just the human condition that I saw. I saw that all systems eventually collapse. That while a republic is first based on high ideals like truth & liberty, it's slowly redisgned into an amoral monstrosity. Once I saw that apathy had set ahold of the masses, I knew the gig was up.

It's gonna happen, brotha. There is no doubt in my mind.

Good luck to you, and yes, Texas might be the ideal location to ride this out.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

It's gonna happen, brotha. There is no doubt in my mind.

I agree, and in my mind there is no doubt about this as well.

The day "most people" come to terms with this, there will be a mad rush to prepare. It is my belief that at that time it will be far too late to "begin preparing".

So...I am doing it now.

I agree with so much of what you have said, and hope you are getting ready for what may come.

Thanks again for sharing what you see happening in Texas around you.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Probably not as much as some, but I am selling my truck soon, and using the cash to literally by a ton of staple foods, and store it in a small public storage area prepaid for a year.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Mr Mask

Probably not as much as some, but I am selling my truck soon, and using the cash to literally by a ton of staple foods, and store it in a small public storage area prepaid for a year.

Good plan. Me and my family are also saving up on foods that can last a good storing.

Hey, if all goes well...we may survive and then we can have a picnic!

I'll bring the rice and dried meats.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Its hard for me to believe people are still talking about "recovery" and denying the pain that is so obviously growing. All over the net in threads like this, there is always some trollish type ready to bark out a variation of: "There are plenty of jobs out there...If you can't find work it must be your own fault for being a lazy smelly welfare hippie or something."

This old Kurt Vonnegut quote pretty much sums up the psychology behind that type, IMHO:

"America is the wealthiest nation on Earth, but its people are mainly poor, and poor Americans are urged to hate themselves. To quote the American humorist Kin Hubbard, 'It ain't no disgrace to be poor, but it might as well be.' It is in fact a crime for an American to be poor, even though America is a nation of poor. Every other nation has folk traditions of men who were poor but extremely wise and virtuous, and thereforre more estimable than anyone with power and gold. No such tales are told by the American poor. They mock themselves and glorify their betters...

"Americans, like human beings everywhere, believe many things that are obviously untrue. Their most destructive untruth is that it is very easy for an American to make money. They will not acknowledge how in fact hard money is to come by, and, therefore, those who have no money blame and blame and blame themselves. This inward blame has been a treasure for the rich and powerful, who have had to do less for their poor, publicly and privately, than any other ruling class since, say, Napoleonic times. Many novelties have come from America. The most startling of these, a thing without precedent, is a mass of undignified poor. They do not love one another because they do not love themselves."

-Vonnegut, "Mother Night"

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Its hard for me to believe people are still talking about "recovery" and denying the pain that is so obviously growing.

I so agree.

But those who ignore the growing problem or deny its existence are surly not to blame for not knowing the truth.

The media does nothing to educate people on this problem, and does more to detail Tiger Wood's sex scandal then to prepare the public for anything serious.

All over the net in threads like this, there is always some trollish type ready to bark out a variation of: "There are plenty of jobs out there...If you can't find work it must be your own fault for being a lazy smelly welfare hippie or something."

Those types are stupid, blind or just not "familiar" with the facts yet.

If you believe what I believe, then you must know that "everyone" will soon know the facts...no matter what they previously thought before the collapse.

Thanks for posting...always nice to see one of my threads pull in a "thinking mind".

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
I so agree.

But those who ignore the growing problem or deny its existence are surly not to blame for not knowing the truth.

The media does nothing to educate people on this problem, and does more to detail Tiger Wood's sex scandal then to prepare the public for anything serious.

Right, so why do they continue to listen to MSM? Is it not a choice to turn the t.v. on and watch propagandists lie to you over and over again, and witness these lies play out, and go back again, and again. . .

It's mass insanity and it's there choice, no? A large percentage of U.S. homes have internet connection. It would simply take the choice to cut time from the tube and do some investigative work online.

I don't blame the people for the problem, though I realize it couldn't be done without their state of ignorance and consent.

I do blame people for not knowing what's up from down, or right from wrong. It's our duty as individuals to be true to ourselves and those we interact with. It's an unspoken bond that keeps people together. If we are being feed lies, and spew out these lies to our fellow men and women, we are a part of this mess! It's our duty to say, "No, I've had enough. I'm not falling for this anymore, and I want to know what's going on".

That's not happening to enough people to make a difference, so I do in fact put the blame where I think it's most deserved. I put it on the people.

Corporations & Governments have no power unless we agree to buy their products and abide by their laws. When the product is made from blood, or the law is against our conscience, it's time to draw the line.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Longtimegone
Over 90% of the people who want to work are employed. Not bad USA!!!

A lot of the companies decided to make that choice for the ppl
and send the jobs overseas.

Some companies were a tad more creative and padded pockets
at dinners away from DC and 73 different types of Visa were
created to get cheaper workers in.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thou some are not designated for working, some ppl use them to
get here and then start a cash money job.

But of course 73 Visas are not enough so we have the porous border
letting ppl in by the millions to also take tax payers jobs.

The millions now out of work used to work, some worked well and
others not so well, but some worked for years and were not fired
and replaced and then lost their jobs when businesses shut the doors
or laid off most of the workers.

We buy goods from countries that use methods that are illegal here
in the US, and thus the goods should be illegal as well.

If the other countries had the same safety and labor laws we did
then it would not be profitable to make goods and ship them on
a huge ship across hundreds or thousands of miles of ocean.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

<< 1   >>

join