It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Proceed At Own Risk," "Take At Face Value"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Has the law failed? Let me milk this question for thread posting sake. Has the law failed society? Explain. Or give a case in point. Has the law failed you? Explain. Or give a case in point. Or, answer me this, what good has the law done for you? Speak up, or forever hold your peace. This topic isn't about whether we need the God aweful law, it's about whether or not the God damn law is just a failure to society or a failure just to you.

Last question to the readers, what makes a law abiding citizen better than Joey Sixpack who lives life as an anarchist to the fullest?

In my opinion, every Tom, Dick, and Harry who are such the law abiding citizens are all just stuck in bondage brought on by fears of prosecutions that just happens to can lead to prison or fines in how uncle Sam put things up as such the fences so to speak.

I didn't think I could fit John and Jane Doe into this topic. Sorry.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
the thread title should be
"Proceed At Own Risk,thread title has nothing to do with thread content"

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The law fails me everyday.

Why?

Because we made rules based on nothing but pure hierarchy.

And we don't need a hierarchy anymore.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
the thread title should be
"Proceed At Own Risk,thread title has nothing to do with thread content"

Indeed, I came in here expecting a thread worth my time. I was disappointed.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
In every Tractor-trailer combination in New Prime Inc.'s fleet, they have something called "Vorad" (Vehicle Onboard Radar) which is meant to both match your speed (while in cruise control) with the vehicle in front of you, and warn you (with a VERY loud alarm meant to wake drivers up) of impending approach to the side (railings, white line) of the road or other vehicles while changing lanes.
It even engages the Jacob's Brake, otherwise known as the CREB (compression release engine brakes), and in automatic shifting systems it downshifts in combination with the Jake to slow the vehicle more quickly.

Why couldn't this technology be put into every vehicle on the road today, with some braking system modifications, a kill-switch mechanism, or "fly-by-wire" steering meant to overt collision or contact with other vehicles? Why? Because there are laws meant to dictate how we drive, thus, the the law and the cost are used as justification to NOT install them.

This is simply a case of using laws to perpetuate a problem, and more to the point, continue making obscene amounts of money from our collective misfortune, rather than using our intellect to actually SOLVE problems forever.

In fact, I'd say most legislative laws are meant for nothing more than a purely illusionary pacification of people's fears, and justification for making people money.

I could write a book about this if I let myself go, but all in all, they are part of a baseless, useless, outdated and obsolete value system. And indeed, in our currently established value system (oxymoronic phrase?), I believe they are probably needed, for the most part. Basically just a continuation of a "Don't do that, son, or I'll tell your Father!" effort to stave off injury.

Perhaps the magnitude of this very problem illustrates our immediate and urgent need to evolve past our petty differences, enabling our inherent ability (given to us by consciousness itself) to solve problems, rather than perpetuate them.

A huge awaking truly needs to happen, for our current normal behavior patters are, more and more, becoming the very meaning of insanity. I believe this awaking might be happening now, but the transition that needs to happen is certainly going to bring heartache, sorrow and despair before we realize just how ridiculous it is to fear change.

If you've ever had an accident, or know someone important to you who has died as a result, the law has done you harm.

And this is just one minuscule example. Want more?

S&F for originality.

EDIT: added link.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by lagnar]

new topics

top topics

join