It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EarthQuakes reported at Mt. Katla

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Pictures on this web cam are very cool right now

volcano .. cant spell the right name

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Don't know about anyone else but no trouble spotting where it's at tonight,,,
Yea, i mean darn, it is getting nasty looking?

All virgins line up here please
sorry,,

[edit on 19-4-2010 by BobAthome]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

What a convenient acronym for something that could give us a sign that we could see biblical times in the near future. It's pretty ironic in a way.

~Namaste

Why do you say that? I keep reading people saying things like that with regard to Katla and I don't understand why. Yes, it is another volcano, yes it is bigger than Eyjawhatever, but it last erupted in 1918 and humanity seemed to pull through that just fine. It erupts every 40-80 years. It'll be a big PIA because we have commercial air travel now, but that's about it except for people in its path in Iceland, and they should have time to get out of the way.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well i think they found the god particle,, lol --only true watchers may laugh--

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoAskAlice2010
reply to post by DaddyBare

Are earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and wormholes caused by CERN LHC going unreported? Is CERN LHC promoting Solar filament collapse?
Nice advertisement.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GoAskAlice2010

Your post is too long to quote and respond to (goes over character limit) and asks a lot of questions, so you might want to break up your posts more next time if you are looking for responses.

Nobody ever said Katla erupted. Some people mistakenly reported that Hekla erupted which could be very easily disproven. Believe it or not, there are people who live in Iceland who would notice these things.

That 8.6 quake in China was a mistaken blip on a computer somewhere. There have been plenty of destructive quakes in China that have been reported, can't imagine why hiding one would be advantageous (or possible.) I remember when that report came in and it was clearly wrong because it would have showed up on every seismograph around the world, and there was just 0 evidence of it. (Some of these things are really old technology, no way anyone has tampered with all of them.)

I can't remember all of your examples, but a 5.x quake in Haiti three days after the big one? Why would anybody want to hide that? There were thousands of aftershocks. Maybe a few got misreported (actually probably) but how is that significant?

If anything, more people are paying attention to earthquakes and volcanoes (on a global scale) than ever before in history.

As for some connection to the Large Hadron Collider, who knows. But I think it's probably more likely solar activity is the beginning of an expected solar maximum, predicted by astronomers since the time of the Maya.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by quakewatcher]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Yes, the Earth has been rumbling there for a bit.

We're all going to die.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
there is a webcam here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
dont know if it will post a link because i am techinept so here is the thread title..
did icelands hekla volcano just erupt?webcam

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The Hekla eruption was misidentified...(webcam was pointed at the currently erupting volcano)...

I was reading about it in Wiki though (the one currently erupting, with the insane name)...

And it said that everytime it erupted (in recorded history), Katla erupted also, so looks like it's likely due....

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Since Katla is covered by a thick glacier will there be measurable ground deformation?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Actually DaddyBare is right.

iceagenow.com...

I wonder why they took the dot off though? If the activity has been rising recently, then chances are it'll start to get some real earth quakes in that area soon. Activity goes up and down as usual but more intense.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Tempe, always so dramatic.
Yes we are all going to die. Wheather or not they have anything to with each other? Maybe.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Shazzam

en.vedur.is...

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join