It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paper Airplanes and audio cassettes found taped to street poles.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think everything is heresay at least until the tapes are translated.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dz

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
A little much on the over drama dz =)

Heh, to you it's over drama. To me, well, I flat out hate it.

I dont hate ya
And could care less who is Arabic or who isnt, But in this case and I am taking this on a case by case basis, You can imagine why an Arbic Man/Woman would be the first to be blamed. It sucks you are getting crap for people who are terrorists and happen to be Arabic (in most cases latley) But in this case isnt it true? or at least shouldnt it be on top of the list. If you saw 3 arabic men acting strange on a plane you were about to get on would you be cautious? It not about who is who or where you are from it that th people who have done this and in this case speak Arabic.

I know it stinks but what is one to do? We have to be carefull and keep and eye out.

Again I dont hate you =)

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
They haven't translated the tapes yet.
That doesn't give people much confidence in their investigative abilities.
They also mention on that site that the powder they found was a running club's route markers.

It is not a good thing they haven't been able to translate it yet. I can't wait to figure out whatr is says.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
According to`the news reports on TV, the language on the tape wasn't arabic, but they couldn't identify what it was.

It might have been somebody playing a prank, who doesn't speak Arabic but tried to imitate what they thought it sounded like. The reason the feds haven't translated it yet, may be because it's not a real language (though I would hope that that would be immediately apparent to any trained linguist).

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
terrorists dont warn people of what they are going to do, that is self defeating for them because it could lessen the impact...this is probably the work of someone who went off their medication

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
"terrorists don't warn people of what they are going to do"

Its pretty common for terrorists to phone bombs, The IRA did it all the time. Knowing that a certain amount of their success was ensuring they had support and sympathy they would warn civilians of where and when the bomb was supposed to go off.

Quite civilised really, the point wasn't to blow up innocent people, the point was to prove they had the means.

They were also known to phone in estimated casualty reports had the bomb simply been set off with no warning.

As to the planes, looks like a prank. To be honest quite an inventive one.

One thing I don't understand.

Why is a paper plane and a cassette taped to a lamp post even considered to be related to the previous attack ? Isn't it more likely just a random bit of weirdness.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Astral City

Besides what is the point of warning the people you are going to attack with folded copy paper?

~Astral

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by The Astral City]

I quote the great one.

"The rational
object of terrorism is to promote
terror. If you'd study model
behavioral pattern in virtually every
case where a threat has turned up an
explosive device. If we don't act in
accordance with that data -- if you
ignore it as we have done -- the
chances are great that if here
actually is a bomb we might not find
it. Lives could be lost "

Special Agent Dana Scully

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
As Simon pointed out, the IRA forewarned, on most occasions, when and where they were going to perform an act of terrorism.

And, indeed the point behind the warning, was to ensure that the authorities had time to evacuate the area, ensuring, zero or very few casualties.

This is terrorism at its most effective, causing inconvenience whilst highlighting the fact that they are not without conscience.
This is are far better way of get sympathy for your cause than generally blasting innocent people to smithereens (sp?)

The IRA did not start out that way, but thankfully they changed their tact with effective results.

IMO, the tapes are probably the work of hoaxers/teens, with nothing better to do, and very little understanding of the world around them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join