It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we really want to be ruled by aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If it's true that we are actually the outcome of an extra terrestrial experiment, and our history, religions etc. has been shaped and controlled by another species, how does that feel? To me, it feels more than a little bit scary. If religions are just a way of showing us our place and presenting themselves as gods, well then that just doesn't sound very pleasant. On the other hand, considering our evolutional inferiourity, it's probably very logical. The question is though; is this something we want to embrace and accept?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You really think aliens could do a worse job than Bush and Blair ?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

TextYou really think aliens could do a worse job than Bush and Blair ?

Such advance civilizations are beyond governing who knows. Maybe we should wait and see, but first we have to get invaded first

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
That's not my point, JayKew. Does Bush or Blair call themself gods? Do you think it's a healthy sign for someone to appoint themself that title?

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Durden]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If we are the outcome of an Alien experiment then they got a f**king sick sense of humour

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by weirdo]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Oh now now Durden........

If I believed that Aliens were in charge down here and "preserving" our sestiny then they would never allow

Bush, Blair, Hitler, Bin Laden, Hussein, Taliban, Abba etc

to become so prominent in World History.

Its US who are to blame for letting these people wedge their feet in humanities door.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Re: JayKew

Yes, that's free will in bad use (that abba-part is very true.
). However if they do land sometime in the future claiming their "right", so to speak, would you accept them as gods and be ok with that?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I don't see how aliens overtly ruling the earth would really be any worse than how humanity has governed itself over the millenia. The elite, rich, and powerful rule the lesser, poor, and weak. It has been and will always be that way on this planet no matter who or what is in charge.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I for one welcome our new alien overlords.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well my very Raelian sounding friend, as long as the aliens are benevolent and thoughtful leaders that rule with humanity, or if we directly elect em, why not?

We've had, and have now (ahem Bush, Blair) worse leadership.

~Astral

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
If this is seen as the lesser of two evils, then no; I don't think that aliens would do worse than our current leaders. What I'm trying to say though, is everyone ok with someone - no matter how superiour - claims the right of being a god? Should we really - without any questions asked - bow our heads and be submissive? Am I the only one to find this just a little bit wrong?

new topics

top topics

join